Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

weird astral projection or sleep paralysis

breakingbad8

i never really heard of or knew anything about astral projection untill about a week ago when i started to do some reseach on it. i started to do reseach on it because of something that happened about a month ago which ill get into in a second.

so when i was a kid i use to have dreams all the time where i could fly around and do whatever i wanted. i even remember seeing myself sleeping a few times. and in school i use to lay my head on my desk and i could put myself in this state where i was half alseep and half awake. id be able to like see the whole class room and know what was goin on altough i was "sleeping". that was years ago but in the last year ive been having sleep paralysis on a pretty regular basis, it doesnt even scare me anymore at all. i also dream about the future. most of the time its just lil stupid things, like i dream that something is going to happen at work or that someone i havent talked to in awhile is going to contact me, then within a few days of the dream it happens.

well about a month ago i fell sleep then the next thing i know im floating over my body. it was so weird becasue i could still like feel myself layin on the bed but also feel myself floating, it was kind of cool. then thess 3 tall black shadows came into the room. they were just standin there lookin at my for a few seconds then the middle one raised his arm and started to control me like a puppet. it just kept raising me to the ceiling then droping me to the floor and like spinning me around and i couldn't do anything to stop it. i could sense that all 3 of them were laughing at me but finally i got mad and like screamed STOP and they did. i was then able to move but i just kinda floated in the middle of the room for a second becasue all 3 of the shadows were just staring at me and i could like feel pure hate radiating off of them. i then got really scared and the next thing i new i was back in my body... so i was just wondering what the hell was that all about? was it just sleep paralysis or astral projection and what the hell were the shadows?

Wow what a scary experience. I have once felt like I had drifted out of my body and was looking down at myself in bed, but I was only a kid so didn't mention it. Don't quite know what it's all about, maybe someone can enlighten us?

the weird thing is i wasnt really scared at all during it, i was more like mad. i only became scared when they stopped and where just staring at me...

An encounter with shadow. It goes away once you actively face it. Next time..... Take your anger and direct it towards them. Attack if you must. The best way to do this is to set a trap.

• 3 months later...

First I want to say that I know what you are experiencing; however I don't know the whole scope of what it all means. When I was a child I was bit in my face by a dog. While sitting in the house getting my face washed by my mom on the kitchen counter, I somehow detached from my body and was able to see myself. I traveled into the other room and could see my moms' friend calling the hospital. I didn't understand what had happened to me for the longest time, but I was always fascinated by the experience.

Over the years I have stumbled across data pertaining to Out of Body Experiences (O.B.E.), and I am a true believer in them. A few months ago I came across what I am now beginning to believe is a gold mine, how to induce sleep paralysis and go into an O.B.E. experience. Before I decided I would start to experiment in this field I did my research. It occurred to me that some say it is a dangerous practice, demonic, and outright terrifying and psychologically damaging. I would have to say to an extent all could apply, and everyone should take precautionary steps when experimenting with anything of the supernatural, if in fact that is what is occurring, I will let you be the judge of that. I think mostly everyone is capable of doing this, but does not necessarily have the right mind set while trying to project into the astral realm. Some happen to stumble across sleep paralysis at some point in their life on accident, much as I had through the years, and not understand what was happening to me, deeming me frightened by the experience.

Over the last few months I have been inducing sleep paralysis upon myself intentionally to see what findings I could observe, and collect. There have been many nights of frustration laying down hoping to, as strange as it may sound, become paralyzed through leveling myself between being awake and asleep, and just fall into a deep sleep not remembering my dreams or any other experience. I can say though, that when I do have successful nights, I have been able to detach from my body after achieving sleep paralysis. The only issue that I am currently having is I have yet been able to make it out of the confines of my own home. I realized that when I am in control of these parameters, it is not that frightening of an experience, unlike when I had endured sleep paralysis for the first time without knowing what was happening to me. I speculate that it is the fear of the unknown that may trigger some of the things that many people see as demons when falling under paralysis unwillingly.

I am a very spiritual man, as I have witnessed many things in my life that I cannot refuse to acknowledge. With that being said I believe that astral travel or O.B.E., whichever you prefer, has a connection to the spiritual realm or dimension; however, as I stated before I have yet to travel outside of my house to verify my theories. All I know is that it is a fascinating world we live in, and there is much to be explored even within the very existence of people. I hope that maybe someday science and spirituality can find common grounds with one another and lead us into understanding life in a much deeper perspective. Knowledge is power, but let's not become greedy with that too eh?

I hope that by sharing my personal experience with anyone who decides to read this, that they may have a little more insight on any questions pertaining to Astral Travel, O.B.E., and Sleep paralysis. Please do your research on the subject matter, as I am not a professional, or a doctor. There is an abundance of information on the internet. If you take interest in researching this, please know where the sources are coming from, and decide for yourselves if they seem right to you. Do not take my advice as written in stone, but decide for yourselves what you want to get out of this whole experience. It may not be for everyone to want to explore. I myself plan on lying down in the next few minutes, so that I may be able to project tonight. Good luck to everyone, my prayers go out to you in finding yourselves and broadening your spectrum of insight in what the world around us is all about and can offer us, more importantly what we can offer the world.

Sincerely,

EJ The "Shy-Bull"

• Like 1