Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Wall of China section collapses

Saru

Construction work and heavy rainfall have been blamed for causing a large piece of the wall to collapse.

Workmen digging up a square in Zhangjiakou city, Heibei province, near the wall have been blamed for triggering the collapse of 100 ft of Great Wall.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOO!!!! NOW THE MONGOLIANS CAN GET IN!!!

• Like 3

You just can't trust Council workmen, can you!

• Like 6

This is what happens when you hire cheap labour*. A certainty to collapse after about 2,500yrs. Pfft.

*don't know the Chinese word for cowboys.

• Like 2

*don't know the Chinese word for cowboys.

There ya go mate.....

牛仔

Won't print the script..... phonetically it's p'in hai

Edited by ealdwita
  • Like 2

When I walked on a section near Beijing in 2000 I saw a couple of the small Guard Towers. The most amazing thing for me was how steep the ramps were... I couldn't imagine horses keeping their footing on such cobbles. Most of the wall that I could see in the distance was in very bad shape so i guess the government just chose to repair a section for tourists. it was a high point of the visit. That and the Forbidden City. Of course, having a brand new 6 year old grinning from ear to ear helped also.... :w00t:

• Like 2

How can the pile of debris be the same height as the wall, itself? Just a curious observation.

Fly-tippers!

• Like 1

How can the pile of debris be the same height as the wall, itself? Just a curious observation.

ET? Government conspiracy?

C'mon son! The Far side of the wall looks somewhat intact, with the rubble sloping down from the highest point.

I suggest: Go to the beach, build a sand wall and recreate it.

I bet some evil wizard actually caused it to collapse.

Muhahahah... I been caught. It is old after all and these things happen. They'll get some new slaves (political prisoners) and fix it.

i was under the impression that the great wall was constructed with bones of dead slaves and them who invaded china? there wasnt nutting but dust no wonder it fell apart

That was part of the Faux Wall of China that had been "restored" for the tourist trade.

That section of the wall was core-and-veneer architecture,hence the tall core of compacted rubble revealed when the casing collapsed.

From the Telegraph aticle: "Some other parts of the Great Wall have also gone through some restoration; the height of the wall in parts has been reduced from 16ft to less than 6ft."

That's no good. So, in those sections, it's properly called the "Really Long Fence of China"?