Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Any Apple Fans Around?

Keel M.

I don't mean people with just an iPod or iPad or iPhone. I'm looking for someone who owns and possibly has always owned a Mac.

I don't mean people with just an iPod or iPad or iPhone. I'm looking for someone who owns and possibly has always owned a Mac.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant somebody with an orchard. (shows how old I am!)

I've known a few people that owned Macs who were mostly graphics people and they loved their Macs, but I personally don't like Apple. Apple cares about Apple way more than they care about their customers. I actually dislike Apple more than I dislike Microsoft.

The only thing I have ever owned from Apple was a first generation Nano iPod. Hated the software they used and so I went with other software...

Edited by Euphorbia

I've been using Macs for years, never new ones though, most I have bought used except for a laptop which someone gave me. I've had two PowerPCs, an iMac G3, two eMac G4's, some version of Macbook and an iPad.

My wife and I have had only Macs. Original iMac 1998 (RIP) ...... Snowball 2002. Will update to new iMac soon! .. .. question?

Sorry LK, no Apple love here...

My kids love them though, amazing what a cool image can do. I have to suffer daily attacks of "I need a Mac" or "I need an iPhone", I think I need a break.

I'm not a fan of OsX, but there will probably be more users after Windows 8 debuts. I can't stand Metro.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

I hate apple. I agree that they care way more about themselves than their consumers. People will pay an outrageous amount of money for a logo. I like to be able to customize and upgrade my pc as I see fit.

• Like 1

I've just started to drink the coolaid, but so far lovin it! Iphone, ipad

• Like 1

Here is my opinion of MAC's.

post-79123-0-85994300-1346427768_thumb.p

I have to provide support on these on a daily basis and I cannot stand them or the customers that have no idea how to use them.

• Like 2

I have always owned a Mac, and always loved them. But since Intel got involved, the whole quality went down, and I find them highly overpriced. So no more apple for me.

• Like 1

Can't really say that I'm a fan. Although I can't say that apple doesn't have it's good points.

My main problem with buying apple is the price.

Can't really say that I'm a fan. Although I can't say that apple doesn't have it's good points.

I agree their products can be overpriced but I have found them to be a great value to buy used off eBay. With PCs you never know what components it has inside, especially with used ones, but Macs are well-built and last for years, and they do a great job of updating their old versions of software. They aren't like Microsoft always trying to make the old stuff incompatible and obsolete.

• Like 2

I'm an Apple fan but they are expensive; since I work at a uni I get the education discount, which took a few hundred off my iMac. I can't remember exactly how much but I remember being pleasantly surprised!

Edited by schizoidwoman
  • Like 1

I agree their products can be overpriced but I have found them to be a great value to buy used off eBay. With PCs you never know what components it has inside, especially with used ones, but Macs are well-built and last for years, and they do a great job of updating their old versions of software. They aren't like Microsoft always trying to make the old stuff incompatible and obsolete.

Don't get me wrong, I can see the appeal of macs. Some aspects of their design are revolutionary in comparison to PCs.

I've just never had the money to get one. I remember the first time I ever walked into an apple store. I almost had a heart attack looking at the prices. lol.

Yeah I know, that's a big problem with microsoft. I had that experience with them numerous times back when I was a windows user.

I'm an Apple fan but they are expensive; since I work at a uni I get the education discount, which took a few hundred off my iMac. I can't remember exactly how much but I remember being pleasantly surprised!

Nice :) Wouldn't mind an iMac to be honest. I came across a used one in Cash Generator a few months back. Even though it was second hand it was still £900!

you are wrong about the incompatible and obsolete... about microsoft.. ,, if you buy a pc you know exacly whats inside.. just open the case . and if some part is to old you can replace it with brand new ones.. for really cheap !every part of the pc its possible to replace.. and upgrade..

its the other way around.. apple ask for money .. they always do . and you cant upgrade your apple .. i got an mac pro first generation. i cant even upgrade my videocard. the NORMAL WAY like pc computers. every year they make new mac pros. .. so if some parts of your mac pro dies.. you cant replace it with new parts. because a few years old mac = obsolete and incompatible with newer macs..

1. you can buy the parts. but its cheaper to buy a new aplle mac pro .. thats how it works.. damn shame..

2 you have to buy a new one... .. thats why i hate the mac.. just for that reason. ! if my videocard dies i m screwed.. 600 euros for an 6 years old card.. 8800 gt.. and the ati x1900x . fu .. that shi ....

i want the option to upgrade. anytime anywhere. for a good price .. stupid mac pro .. ! but osx is great ,easy ,fun to use.. and it rarely freezes.. thats the only good point of a mac ..

That's the problem I have. Since the processor switch the quality really went down. They now receive the same third party components as most other computer producers. The latest macbook becomes so hot under performance, you could fry eggs on it. Parts tend to break a lot more, too. And apple does a lot to exclude the replacement from your warranty.

And I really do not like to pay for upgrades on MAC OS.

You know what I like about pc's. I like how if you double click an executable file it actually runs it. It doesnt pop up another window with some file icons on it that I then have to click on to actually run the file. I also like that when I open a window it actually puts it in the front instead of opening it behind other open windows so I don't have to guess if it really opened. Another thing I like is that If I want to see all the files on my computer I can change one little setting and "magic" there they are. I dont have to go into some other program type in some sort of coding line and then hope that it works so I can then see any hidden files on the computer. I guess I just like to been in more control of my computer o[erating system than let some company tell me if I am smart enough to be able to access my operating system the way I want to.

Sorry about asking such a random question and then jumping ship without explanation. LOL It wasn't my intention at all. I am curious to know how those of you who like Apple feel about this court case regarding Apple and Samsung. Is Apple aiming for a monopoly?

Sorry about asking such a random question and then jumping ship without explanation. LOL It wasn't my intention at all. I am curious to know how those of you who like Apple feel about this court case regarding Apple and Samsung. Is Apple aiming for a monopoly?

Absolutely!

I've known a few people that owned Macs who were mostly graphics people and they loved their Macs, but I personally don't like Apple. Apple cares about Apple way more than they care about their customers. I actually dislike Apple more than I dislike Microsoft.

The only thing I have ever owned from Apple was a first generation Nano iPod. Hated the software they used and so I went with other software...

I don't particularly like Apple either... Nothing quite as philosophical as you. I just don't like Macs because OSX just doesn't work the way I want it to. It's probably because I come from the Windows/Linux side of life and expect start menus and specific installation routines and control panels and such.

I used a Mac for almost 2 years every day at work once. And even after all that time, I had to stop and try to remember how to do things as simple as changing a wallpaper, or how to install an app and put it on the docking bar. I am sure, though, that if I had been using OSX for longer as the primary machine in my life I woudl feel the same if I were plopped in front of a Windows machine...