Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will.i.am song to be played on Mars

Still Waters

"Life on Mars?" by David Bowie might've been more appropriate.

"The Eve of War" from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds probably less so...

Life on Mars? would have gotten my vote

followed by the entire Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars cd

Edited by The Mule

Well yea it would ahve been good if they had used a real artist.. but hey at least it wasn't rocketman by elton john..

I would of gone with starman by Bowie but he's not an american so we have to put up with this crap but at least he used a real orchestra they keep stating, Wow now I dont know whether to sh1t or wind my watch. :no::td:

I think it would have been cool to have a contest for choice of song . Couldn't they send / beam another song to it to be played ? They do control it from Earth afterall.

They should have picked this one instead,...

Seriously... out of all songs they choose this one? Great... now the aliens are really going to destroy us...

Couldn't they send / beam another song to it to be played ? They do control it from Earth afterall.

The song was a good test of the communications systems and a good piece of PR (after all people have commented in this thread that have never contributed to the more "serious" threads on Curiosity) but the time for such frivolity is over. Curiosity is now starting the task it was made for and it's going to need all its bandwidth to transmit the results.