Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

Doesn't look like any "NASA video" that I ever saw, and I've seen just about all of the ones that were supposed to be UFOs. Don't get me wrong, I think just about everyone who ever flew in space has seen UFOs, but this doesn't look like the real McCoy to me. Hell, it doesn't even look like earth.

I recommend the Jeff Challender videos from the space shuttle missions, which show a number of UFOs, no matter whether some of them might be ours or theirs.

Doesn't look like any "NASA video" that I ever saw, and I've seen just about all of the ones that were supposed to be UFOs. Don't get me wrong, I think just about everyone who ever flew in space has seen UFOs, but this doesn't look like the real McCoy to me. Hell, it doesn't even look like earth.

I recommend the Jeff Challender videos from the space shuttle missions, which show a number of UFOs, no matter whether some of them might be ours or theirs.

I thought it looked odd. I can only go by the title of the video on this. My first impression was something from the rover missions. They have actually caught strange things in the sky already. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say they are UFO's however there definitely is something flying around on Mars.

I thought it looked odd. I can only go by the title of the video on this. My first impression was something from the rover missions. They have actually caught strange things in the sky already. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and say they are UFO's however there definitely is something flying around on Mars.

It looks like a computer animation to me, but I'm no expert--and I think that UFOs and aliens are all over the place and have been throughout recorded history. Hell, I don't even think we're running the show on this planet, even if we imagine that we are, but that doesn't mean I think every UFO claim is the real thing.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I agree. Also it's too bad Jeff passed on just before he would have got to see the last of the Shuttle Missions! He had serious health problems but despite them he was passionate about documenting anomalies in NASA video and I know he wanted to see these last Flights but unfortunately did not get to do so.

Here is a link to Jeff's "Project P.R.O.V.E". http://keyholepublishing.com/projectprove/index-2.html

And I have to say thanks to Richard Dolan for saving Jeff's site for all of us as he explains the details here. http://keyholepublishing.com/Challender_Page.html

Edited by lost_shaman

It looks like a computer animation to me, but I'm not expert--and I think that UFOs and aliens are all over the place and have been throughout recorded history. Hell, I don't even think we're running the show on this planet, even if we imagine that we are, but that doesn't mean I think every UFO claim is the real thing.

At a certain point i think a person either believes or they don't. That dictates whether or not you see a piece of evidence and either try to validate it, or invalidate it.

Someone who has their mind made up already is not going to waste time trying to convince themselves otherwise. Whereas someone who does believe, yet is skeptical..has a reason to pursue further information. That is why I think 100% skepticism is fruitless. That is why I never try to immediately dismiss something out of hand.

At a certain point i think a person either believes or they don't. That dictates whether or not you see a piece of evidence and either try to validate it, or invalidate it.

Someone who has their mind made up already is not going to waste time trying to convince themselves otherwise. Whereas someone who does believe, yet is skeptical..has a reason to pursue further information. That is why I think 100% skepticism is fruitless. That is why I never try to immediately dismiss something out of hand.

You'll never get any 100% skepticism from me--far from it--I know better. You're pretty new around here and haven't yet seen the real skeptic/debunker types who think none of it is real. They're wrong, of course, but they would always like to jump all over things like this.

• Like 1

You'll never get any 100% skepticism from me--far from it--I know better. You're pretty new around here and haven't yet seen the real skeptic/debunker types who think none of it is real. They're wrong, of course, but they would always like to jump all over things like this.

Hah. I may be new here, but I am not new to...*edited...skeptics.

:innocent:

:yes:

Edited by Mider

This video was taken by the crew of Expedition 31 on board the International Space Station. The sequence of shots was taken from June 24, 2012 from 07:09:03 to 07:13:12 GMT, on a pass from the South Atlantic Ocean, east of southern South America and north of the Falkland Islands, east over the South Atlantic Ocean. This video primarily focuses on the star field and the Milky Way (near the center of the star field) as the ISS travels over the South Atlantic Ocean. Some city lights can be seen, as well as the airglow surrounding the Earth's limb.

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/Videos/CrewEarthObservationsVideos/

• Like 1

that is pretty cool. UFO? yes i have no idea how to identify it. aliens? maybe who knows, there is a possibility .

Well, it looks pretty cool, but without (as is often the case) any context as to where or when it may have been filmed or where it was filmed from, it's not really very easy to make any assessment one way or the other, really.

I think the general vertical movement is caused by the Space Station orbiting the Earth: what you see is stars.

The few horizontallish (or in an angle) moving objects could be satelltes.

Edited by Abramelin

Well, it looks pretty cool, but without (as is often the case) any context as to where or when it may have been filmed or where it was filmed from, it's not really very easy to make any assessment one way or the other, really.

Well, read again:

This video was taken by the crew of Expedition 31 on board the International Space Station. The sequence of shots was taken from June 24, 2012 from 07:09:03 to 07:13:12 GMT, on a pass from the South Atlantic Ocean, east of southern South America and north of the Falkland Islands, east over the South Atlantic Ocean. This video primarily focuses on the star field and the Milky Way (near the center of the star field) as the ISS travels over the South Atlantic Ocean. Some city lights can be seen, as well as the airglow surrounding the Earth's limb.

Hah. I may be new here, but I am not new to...*edited...skeptics.

:innocent:

:yes:

I am a skeptic and I find your broad brush statement unwarranted and unfair. I see nothing wrong with critical thinking, and learning what facts fit a picture. I am just not the sort of person who finds imagination as satisfying as fact. To me ET on earth to explain that which we do not understand is just another Greek God until he lands. The way ET is shoehorned into most cases is rather shameful IMHO. However I do love space with all passion, and I enjoy the concept of alien life, even Professor Hawking does. I do not see anything wrong with that at all. If I have a belief, it is that all things can be explained with enough time, effort and information. What I do not like is snake oil salesmen with very tall tales, and one is sticking ones head in the sand if one was to say that UFOlogy is not bulging at the sides with such. I would like tomorrow to be the day we find other life, but I do not think ET will be flying across space in one of those little flying saucers and I do not think initial contact will be personal. Between language barriers and quarantine, it would be nothing short of Russian Roulette to do so.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 7

I am a skeptic and I find your broad brush statement unwarranted and unfair. I see nothing wrong with critical thinking, and learning what facts fit a picture. I am just not the sort of person who finds imagination as satisfying as fact. To me ET on earth to explain that which we do not understand is just another Greek God until he lands. The way ET is shoehorned into most cases is rather shameful IMHO. However I do love space with all passion, and I enjoy the concept of alien life, even Professor Hawking does. I do not see anything wrong with that at all. If I have a belief, it is that all things can be explained with enough time, effort and information. What I do not like is snake oil salesmen with very tall tales, and one is sticking ones head in the sand if one was to say that UFOlogy is not bulging at the sides with such. I would like tomorrow to be the day we find other life, but I do not think ET will be flying across space in one of those little flying saucers and I do not think initial contact will be personal. Between language barriers and quarantine, it would be nothing short of Russian Roulette to do so.

I think you are too easily offended. Lighten up some, and appreciate levity for what it is.

I don't feed trolls.

• Like 2

Well, read again:

Oh yes, I didn't see that when oi said thaat. So would that help in possibly ascertaining what this might be?

Oh yes, I didn't see that when oi said thaat. So would that help in possibly ascertaining what this might be?

I don't know. It just looked like a very different and strange NASA video compared to all the others that I've seen, and I really have seen a lot of them. It just didn't look real to me, but maybe they're doing something new now that I haven't heard of.

I voted yes as from these videos we cannot really ascertain what they are. That said, I am convinced that they are satellites, ice or something otherwise mundane along those lines.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Is there a legitimate reason that these are suspected to be UFO's and not just satellites? Beyond the "we can't say for sure so they are UFO's" argument.

Edit: Didn't see your post Badeskov. That last bit wasn't aimed at your post.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I voted yes as from these videos we cannot really ascertain what they are. That said, I am convinced that they are satellites, ice or something otherwise mundane along those lines.

Cheers,

Badeskov

"I am convinced that they are satellites, ice or something otherwise mundane along those lines." ...."Convinced" eh!...without one jot of evidence to point to that... air-tight conclusion!...very scientific that Badeskov! :tu:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Here's a historic UM first, because I voted "no" and took the skeptical side of the whole thing. I'm no video expert by any means, but to my mind there was just something odd or funny about these that didn't look right at all.

"I am convinced that they are satellites, ice or something otherwise mundane along those lines." ...."Convinced" eh!...without one jot of evidence to point to that... air-tight conclusion!...very scientific that Badeskov! :tu:

Cheers.

No, nor did I ever claim it to be scientific. I am convinced, i.e. in my opinion, that is what they are. However, since satellites/ice/debris exists and are observed all the time, don't you think chances are that is exactly what they are? In fact, cis-lunar space is literally crammed full of junk upto geostationary orbit.

Here's a historic UM first, because I voted "no" and took the skeptical side of the whole thing. I'm no video expert by any means, but to my mind there was just something odd or funny about these that didn't look right at all.

:tu: I do know you actually do have a skeptical streak buried inside of you ;)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 2

:tu: I do know you actually do have a skeptical streak buried inside of you ;)

Yes, I do. I don't believe every case that gets posted on here, although with many of the ones I don't take seriously I just refrain from commenting at all. Basically, I have my favorite classic UFO cases, records and some documentaries that I take seriously, and I often comment favorably on those.

I do tend to avoid the ones who say that they are in contact with aliens or have been taken on a flying saucer ride and things like that. I definitely don't believe that millions of people have been abducted because the military and police really would be forced to take action about that, but there are some cases where I think something like that might have happened.

But yes, I'm skeptical about a lot of things I hear, including anyone who uses terms like "Galactic Federation of Light". LOL

• Like 1

Is there a legitimate reason that these are suspected to be UFO's and not just satellites? Beyond the "we can't say for sure so they are UFO's" argument.

Edit: Didn't see your post Badeskov. That last bit wasn't aimed at your post.

Satellites do not orbit in such close proximity to each other. By very definition, they are static to the orbit of the earth. Whatever these objects are are clearly not on the same orbital path as the camera. Since there is nothing else for them to orbit, they seem to be moving independently.

Satellites do not orbit in such close proximity to each other. By very definition, they are static to the orbit of the earth. Whatever these objects are are clearly not on the same orbital path as the camera. Since there is nothing else for them to orbit, they seem to be moving independently.

As this video purports to be 3 separate videos in one and the objects have the same movement every time they are seen, satellite or satellites seem more likely an explanation than UFO's. No everything orbits in the same path, nor at the same attitude. As was mentioned above, there is so much crap up there that it could be anything.