Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

Dr. Brian O'Leary, another former astronaut, also said that there was a UFO cover up, and that astronauts who saw UFOs were told not to report them or discuss the subject.

Now it's easy for Oberg to dismiss all these people as frauds, liars or crazies, but that's not at all how they seem to many of us on the other side of the question.

• Like 1

This is what John Schuessler had to say about James Oberg in one interview concerning the Gemini IV UFO sightings:

"And other people put words in your mouth. Jim Oberg’s been really good at putting words in McDivitt’s mouth and even called him “a bleary-eyed astronaut” like he couldn’t see anything which was a bunch of baloney. He would not have been flying if he couldn’t see."

Schuessler also said:

"My work in the Gemini program is what really stimulated me into the UFO field. When they launched the first Gemini which was unmanned they were shown on radar two objects that followed Gemini on the first orbit. Our structural people were really upset because they thought maybe it had broken up or something. On the second orbit, they was gone. There was a lot of chatter about that, nothing official, but a lot of chatter, and I thought, that’s pretty interesting. What could that be?

Later on, a couple or three times flights where we actually had people up there, they reported seeing things.

McDivitt actually photographed something and later the photographs shown weren’t what he said he saw. Several others reported seeing things. They didn’t see “flying saucers,” they saw objects in space. But it was still enough – these are people, I worked very hard on life support systems to keep them alive and when they said something, I believed it. I didn’t question it at all. That stimulated me to go out and start looking.

It wasn’t long before – I met Walt Andrus by accident. (personal details). He got me to join APRO, for a short time I was a consultant with APRO, it wasn’t working out in the Midwest and he and I pushed for the Midwest support network and that’s how we became founding members of MUFON. Alan Utke was first international director."

McDivitt said he saw this red object that went across his viewscreen and he took pictures of it but the pictures he got were not of an oblong object like he saw but of something else. I think he felt he was deceived slightly, I can’t put words in his mouth …

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&ved=0CDAQFjAAOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thiemeworks.com%2Fan-interview-with-john-f-schuessler-executive-director-of-mufon-mutual-ufo-network%2F&ei=K1ipUPrDOpGk8QSesoCADg&usg=AFQjCNHB0P290U5ZkprOGV2NBXsjo3Re_w&sig2=keFD6I3TwRZv6FLm7mKYCA

Just because they have witnesses who do not agree with the Oberg viewpoint does not make them nonsense or bogus. You could say that about absolutely every TV program, that it's sponsors are trying to attract an audience. They have been doing that since the days of Ralph and Alice Kramden on The Honeymooners.

You're deliberately avoiding the point I was making.

Different TV shows aim at different audiences. Some like high-end affluent viewers, and their ads are aimed at them. So like mass market audiences. Some aim at specialty markets -- sports, pets, gardening, cooking.

I suggest that UFO shows often aim at their own intended audience, one that gimmicky marketeers prefer. People who have minds so open, their brains have fallen out, and they'll buy anything. As you have.

ok....

except for one little (vertical) post...

(but ONLY that one regarding the jumping astronaut)

Oberg didn't like the UFO Hunters episode on NASA, did he? They had Edgar Mitchell on there, as well as Donna Hare, John Schuessler, Jack Kasher and Brian O'Leary, who were all telling a very different story than his. LOL All of them say there's a cover up at NASA about UFOs and ETs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=smbxC5-9afM

• Like 1

Too bad that Schuessler also worked for NASA for decades and tells a very different story than you do. He's not the only one, either, not by a long shot.

I already posted many things about Gemini IV, way, way back in the thread somewhere

So the numbers of the photographs, that according to the story attributed to Schuessler, were removed -- so anybody can verify them -- are where?

The dog ate them, apparently. Disprove that, if you can.

You're deliberately avoiding the point I was making.

You say that to me a lot, Mr. Oberg, but I tell you truly that if you live to be 100 you will never met anyone less likely to deliberately avoid anything on this subject.

I know just as much about it as anyone you're ever going to encounter--maybe more--and I am not in the least afraid or hesitant to say exactly what I think.

• Like 1

yes...I got a bit carried away with that jumping astronaut....but there was no need for Jim Oberg to be so nasty about it.... <_<.

Sweet talkers are not always your friends. Usually they do NOT have your best interests in mind. Don't be such a sucker.

And don't you hold all sorts of nasty opinions about MY friends, alleging they are liars and falsifiers about their alleged space UFO experiences?

So the numbers of the photographs, that according to the story attributed to Schuessler, were removed -- so anybody can verify them -- are where?

If Donna Hare and others are right, then maybe they were burned, shredded or airbrushed.

Or maybe they were sent somewhere else.

Wouldn't you like to know where that might be, Mr. Oberg? Aren't you even the least bit curious? I bet you are. LOL I have some ideas about who might be sitting on all this UFO stuff. Would you like me to give you a hint? All you have to do is ask.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Dr. Brian O'Leary, another former astronaut, also said that there was a UFO cover up, and that astronauts who saw UFOs were told not to report them or discuss the subject. Now it's easy for Oberg to dismiss all these people as frauds, liars or crazies, but that's not at all how they seem to many of us on the other side of the question.

O'Leary was an astronaut trainee washout who later wrote a smarmy 'tell-all' book, which didn't mention UFOs at all. In later years, he made up the story he had been assigned to the first manned Mars landing -- and never caught on it had been a sarcastic put-down by the other astronauts, including the head astronaut who ruefully called him 'the worst mistake I ever made'. Also he wrote a series of 'New Age' books on future science discoveries, none of which ever came true. He was a sweet guy, retired to Maui, and was really, REALLY open minded -- and loved every rumor he could recycle for resale.

And his stories ARE genuine 'hearsay', since he never ever got specific over any 'space UFO' story beyond what he could have read in the 'National Enquirer'.

So why should it be surprising that HE winds up on the 'witness list' as 'UFO evidence'?

O'Leary was an astronaut trainee washout who....

'Yes, yes, yes, Oberg always does exactly what we expect with every single NASA witness who breaks ranks.

If Donna Hare and others are right, then maybe they were burned, shredded or airbrushed.

Hare wasn't speaking about astronaut photographs. She talked about pictures of Earth's surface, and the story some guy told her that he took out white circles before the pictures were released for commercial sale. His job, not hers.

She said the pictures were so good, you could see the shadows cast by trees. Elsewhere she talked about pictures of cows being mutilated, so alarmed you could see their tails standing up in the photos.

Such pictures could never have existed because NASA in that era HAD no images showing the surface to that resolution. The proof is that all the earth surface photography they did release was far less focussed, much lower 'resolution', and you NEVER could see any tree, with or without its shadow -- that was her imagination speaking.

I've had an open challenge out for 15 years to anyone who believes her story is accurate, to find ANY NASA-released Earth surface photo from that era in which you can see a tree and its shadow, as Hare alleges SHE personally saw.

So far, packs of wild dogs have eaten them all. NOBODY has found a single one.

Batter up!!

'Yes, yes, yes, Oberg always does exactly what we expect with every single NASA witness who breaks ranks.

Well, maybe your prize witnesses on this theme really ARE a 'legion of losers' who eventually fall back to the last, most-gullible audience they can get adoration from -- UFO buffs.

Oberg didn't like the UFO Hunters episode on NASA, did he? They had Edgar Mitchell on there, as well as Donna Hare, John Schuessler, Jack Kasher and Brian O'Leary, who were all telling a very different story than his. LOL All of them say there's a cover up at NASA about UFOs and ETs.

You are lying. Mitchell, to the best of my knowledge, has NEVER said there's a cover-up at NASA about UFO information they secretly possess.

I'll bet you 30 days of personal silence, mine or yours, that you cannot find any evidence that Mitchell made the accusation that you specifically say he made.

I don't want some internet rumor or some TV narrator saying it -- I want verifiable words from Mitchell saying it.

Put up, or for 30 days, shut up.

Of course, in this case even NASA says something different about Brian O'Leary than what James Oberg will tell you. Don't take this guy's word for anything, but do your own thinking and research. Oberg wants you to think that he was just some kind of crackpot loser who somehow managed to be on the faculty at Princeton and Cornell Universities.

BRIAN T. O'LEARY (PH.D.)

NASA ASTRONAUT (DECEASED)

PERSONAL DATA: Born January 27, 1940, in Boston, Massachusetts. Died July 28, 2011. He is survived by his wife, Meredith, and two children from a former marriage. He enjoyed photography, hiking, cartooning, jazz piano and yoga.

EDUCATION: Graduated from Belmont High School, Belmont, Massachusetts, in 1957; received bachelor of arts degree in physics from Williams College in 1961, a masters of arts in astronomy from Georgetown University in 1964, and a doctor of philosophy in astronomy from the University of California at Berkeley in 1967.

ORGANIZATIONS: Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1975 to 2011); secretary of the Planetology Section, American Geophysical Union (1970 to 1976); team leader of the Asteroidal Resources Group, NASA Ames Summer Study on Space Settlements (1977).

SPECIAL HONORS: Recipient of NASA Distinguished Group Achievement Award, Mariner 10 Mission, 1975; Eagle Scout.

PUBLICATIONS: Authored or co-authored more than one hundred peer-reviewed scientific papers, including: "The influence of lunar mascons on its dynamical figure," Nature, 220, 1309, 1968; and O'Leary, Campbell and Sagan, "Lunar and planetary mass concentrations," Science, 165, 651, 1969. Was also an editor for several books, including Space Manufacturing from Nonterrestrial Materials, edited by O'Neill and O'Leary, vol. 57 of Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics, AIAA, 1977; and Space Resources and Space Settlements, edited by O'Neill, Billingham, Gilbreath and O'Leary, NASA SP-428, 1979. O'Leary also authored more than ten books, including Project Space Station, Stackpole Books, 1983; and Mars 1999, Stackpole Books, 1987.

EXPERIENCE: From 1969 to 1971, O'Leary was assistant professor of astronomy at Cornell University, Ithaca, New York; from 1970 to 1971, he was a senior consultant at the NASA Ames Research Center; from 1976 to 1981, he was a member of the research faculty for the Department of Physics at Princeton University, New Jersey; from 1982 to 1987, he was a senior scientist at Science Applications International Corporation in Hermosa Beach, California.

NASA EXPERIENCE: O'Leary was selected as a scientist-astronaut by NASA in August 1967. After completing a Ph.D. thesis on the physical properties of the Martian surface, O'Leary was specifically selected for a potential manned Mars mission when it was still in NASA’s program plan. When that program was cancelled in 1968, he resigned from the astronaut program because of lack of prospects for a spaceflight.

AUGUST 2011

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEIQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jsc.nasa.gov%2FBios%2Fhtmlbios%2Foleary-bt.html&ei=BGapUL_iJ4y08AS34ICABw&usg=AFQjCNH9Zp7jiWfNzuIH4BC_MibHWq1XKw&sig2=efPh1Y3-M3wTuiDsiTf9ig

• Like 1

And don't you hold all sorts of nasty opinions about MY friends, alleging they are liars and falsifiers about their alleged space UFO experiences?

What friends of yours are you talking about....... :huh:

Well, maybe your prize witnesses on this theme really ARE a 'legion of losers' who eventually fall back to the last, most-gullible audience they can get adoration from -- UFO buffs.

Say, what about that comment John Schuessler made about you and how you were putting words in Jim McDivitt's mouth, basically trying to make him look like a liar or a clown? I notice you are VERY selective in your responses.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Of course, in this case even NASA says something different.......AUGUST 2011

Did you wonder why, if O'Leary left NASA in 1968, the bio is dated more than forty years later? Because out of courtesy for him, and after pestering from his family, NASA allowed THEM to provide the text to put on their website, after decades during which NO entry had been available. I was involved in asking NASA to do this, for completeness sake -- they had nothing on line until after his death.

Hare wasn't speaking about astronaut photographs. She talked about pictures of Earth's surface, and the story some guy told her that he took out white circles before the pictures were released for commercial sale. His job, not hers.

She said the pictures were so good, you could see the shadows cast by trees. Elsewhere she talked about pictures of cows being mutilated, so alarmed you could see their tails standing up in the photos.

This is what Donna Hare REALLY said. Don't take Oberg's word for anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=W6U-VVyGIB8

What friends of yours are you talking about.......

Any astronaut who has been trying to correct false UFO stories about him, like Story Musgrave or Scott Carpenter or Tom Jones, any of the flight directors like Wayne Hale or Gene Kranz, men and women in the space program who have been accused of dishonesty and incompetence in UFO stories.

Did you wonder why, if O'Leary left NASA in 1968, the bio is dated more than forty years later? Because out of courtesy for him, and after pestering from his family, NASA allowed THEM to provide the text to put on their website, after decades during which NO entry had been available. I was involved in asking NASA to do this, for completeness sake -- they had nothing on line until after his death.

Oh you're just a busy bee, aren't you? You're here, you're there, you're everywhere. You didn't explain how such a crackpot loser was a PhD and served on the faculty of major universities.

Do you have a PhD by the way? Have you ever taught on the university level?

Edited by TheMacGuffin

This is what Donna Hare REALLY said. Don't take Oberg's word for anything.

So in the pictures released for sale to the public -- hundreds if not thousands of them throughout the 1970s -- has there ever been a sSINGLE one of them in which you can see trees and their shadows?

Even a single one?

Nobody has ever been able to find one.

This suggests to me that Hare's story has a lot of dream-fantasy elements in it, if little else.

Evidence that her description of the general nature of the photos is plausible -- NON-existent.

Donna Hare saw UFO pictures burned at NASA and also heard how people were threatened and intimidated.

You are a piece of self-delusional work.

Donna Hare did NOT see "UFO pictures burned at NASA" and the link you cited has her very clearly saying she did not, only she was told by somebody else that HE did.

Any astronaut who has been trying to correct false UFO stories about him, like Story Musgrave or Scott Carpenter or Tom Jones, any of the flight directors like Wayne Hale or Gene Kranz, men and women in the space program who have been accused of dishonesty and incompetence in UFO stories.

I haven't accused any of those named people of being dishonest or incompetent.....

And regarding your 'men and women' in the Space Programme. It's obvious that they would be bound by National Security Oaths / Laws...

And it's a grey area whether someone abiding by National Security secrecy laws....could be accused of lying in the usual sense.