Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

What alternate reality do you inhabit where Apollo-7 was ever on the Moon?

Jeez, McG, you're a hands-down winner of the poster child prize

for showing how the less you know about real space flight, and

the more wrong ideas you believe about spaceflight, the more

fanatic you are about misinterpreting stuff as UFOs.

They probably meant to say Apollo 8 in that video.

Where did you read that the 'green UFOs' were noticed 'when the pictures were developed'?

I think that the most you can say is that they were noticed when later generation prints were posted on some websites.

NOT when 'they were developed'.

There's a big difference, and carelessly sloppy descriptions can get in the way of properly understanding the question.

In fact, according to the man who personally TOOK the photographs, the images are NOT in the first-generation prints that he personally possesses in his home.

Did you notice that, or are you making believe it's only 'hearsay', like Bee seems to be doing?

I read where he said that they weren't being followed by little green men, but I never suggested that they had been. There are little creatures on some of those UFOs, but I never heard that they were green.

They probably meant to say Apollo 8 in that video.

When will you ever take responsibility for the nonsense you post that you read somewhere on the Internet?

When will you begin to wonder if you should do simple fact-checks on that garbage before you inundate these threads with it?

When will you ever take responsibility for the nonsense you post that you read somewhere on the Internet?

When will you begin to wonder if you should do simple fact-checks on that garbage before you inundate these threads with it?

Okay, I said I wasn't going to engage in any more discussions like these and I meant it.

Anybody seriously interested in understanding what might be causing the hundreds of youtube space dots really, in my view, needs to try to get a better understanding of what spaceflight conditions do for prosaic visual apparitions, before running off and assuming something they don't understand, is fundamentally NON-understandable. In the overwhelming majority of cases I've looked at, the 'unidentified' label is applied by people who have no clues HOW to identify things seen visually or on camera in space. And it's not just their not knowing what is 'normal' -- the absence of real knowlege is compounded by the substitution of bad guesses, unjustified analogies, imaginary 'factoids', that all contribute to a barrier to effectively assessing the imagery.

For my own part, I've prepared my "99 FAQs" that discuss essential characterisitcs of spaceflight operations that affect visual phenomena. But you don't have to believe me alone. Look around the real world outside the UFO ghetto. Reading about the SATOBS group ['SeeSat'] or following the real-time postings on the forums at www.nasaspaceflight.com [NOT an official NASA site at all] can develop, over time, a better appreciation of how normal, human-caused space events can LOOK really, really weird and -- dare I say? -- 'unearthly'.

Without that background, demanding 'explanations' when one is patently too uninformed to even understand the reasonably likely explanations [and like it that way] is a losing strategy for all involved. Time, effort, typing time, and brainpower are wasted.

If people fascinated with really 'finding out' want to get better insights, I can only hope that they pay attention to what is probably my major discovery about the 'shuttle UFO videos' -- the most famous of them occur, when measured on their orbital paths, in the brief post-sunrise period when a TV camera is pointed backwards along the flight path, and the shuttle's own shadow is invisibly case across the field of view. It's the perfect environment for small nearby shuttle-derived 'stuff' to 'materialize', drift, flash, curve under thruster or other plumes, and perform ALL the 'classic' effects of famous 'UFO videos'.

My suggestion is simple: this correlation is not random coincidence, but is cause-and-effect. The conditions are perfect to create the appearance of 'unexplainable' apparitions. This coincidence is the most powerful argument, aside from going out and grabbing one such particle by hand, that we are seeing normal sunlit shuttle-generated stuff.

'UFO' explanations -- alien spaceships -- do NOT explain the correlation.

The correlation is only detectable if one knows the actual date/times and orbital context of each video.

Which may also explain why so many youtube posters withhold -- or even falsify -- this critical information.

But the correlation CAN be proven, or tested. It will pass or fail, factually. But not on any pro-UFO zone.

Now THAT seems to me to be a topic worth arguing over for serious students.

• Like 1

Here are some more UFO pictures from the moon. And yes, I know they aren't all real UFOs.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by TheMacGuffin

More lunar anomalies, including a "fast mover" that seems to have left a shadow on the moon's surface as it sped by.

It also shows another film of the Apollo 7 "boomerang" UFOs, that were really moving very fast.

[media=]

Bad typo -- "and the shuttle's own shadow is invisibly case across the field of view."

should read

"and the shuttle's own shadow is invisibly cast across the field of view."

If people fascinated with really 'finding out' want to get better insights, I can only hope that they pay attention to what is probably my major discovery about the 'shuttle UFO videos' -- the most famous of them occur, when measured on their orbital paths, in the brief post-sunrise period when a TV camera is pointed backwards along the flight path, and the shuttle's own shadow is invisibly case across the field of view. It's the perfect environment for small nearby shuttle-derived 'stuff' to 'materialize', drift, flash, curve under thruster or other plumes, and

Bad typo -- "and the shuttle's own shadow is invisibly case across the field of view."

should read

"and the shuttle's own shadow is invisibly cast across the field of view."

My best advice you be to use IR or UV cameras.

So, are the comments MacGuffin adds to all these videos, the full extent of his 'investigations' into them, I wonder? Funny how he doesn't seem to want to stop and look at each one in detail...

I'd ask him to nominate his favorite ones (in fact, consider it now asked..), but I think I know what will happen...

So, are the comments MacGuffin adds to all these videos, the full extent of his 'investigations' into them, I wonder? Funny how he doesn't seem to want to stop and look at each one in detail...

I'd ask him to nominate his favorite ones (in fact, consider it now asked..), but I think I know what will happen...

Feel free to look at them in as much detail as you want, including the Apollo 7 "boomerangs" and the "fast mover" and unknown "blue light" seen near and around the moon on the later Apollo missions.

'

They are all my favorites, though, every single one of them, although just between you and me they aren't all products of the same civilizations.

And here we have three or four UFOs, variously identified as "foil", "cloth" or "reflections", although you know I don't take most of those explanations very seriously. Never have.

Feel free to look at them in as much detail as you want, including the Apollo 7 "boomerangs" and the "fast mover" and unknown "blue light" seen near and around the moon on the later Apollo missions.

'

They are all my favorites, though, every single one of them, although just between you and me they aren't all products of the same civilizations.

Your mind is set on that, is it? Closed to any and all other possible explanations?

I wouldnt be so sure,...

Your mind is set on that, is it? Closed to any and all other possible explanations?

I wouldnt be so sure,...

Let's just put it this way, in the cases I pick I'm generally dubious of all conventional explanations. That's why I choose them in the first place.

what does that mean?

I mean they aren't all flying objects.

I mean they aren't all flying objects.

but by being certain that they're flying makes them 'identified', isn't it?

but by being certain that they're flying makes them 'identified', isn't it?

You'll have to watch the video to see if you agree with all his identifications of these things. He has quite a few of them, but the first pictures of the "fast mover" on the moon certainly impressed me. I had never seen those before.

You'll have to watch the video to see if you agree with all his identifications of these things. He has quite a few of them, but the first pictures of the "fast mover" on the moon certainly impressed me. I had never seen those before.

i'm familiar with lunacognita's (cary martynuik) work.... but i haven't seen him identify anything tho..

Here's more from Luna Cognita, with UFO films from the 16mm Data Acquisition Camera on the Apollo missions. It was true in space that not all the UFOs were even noticed at the time the pictures were taken, but that also happens quite a bit on earth.

They just tend to pop into certain pictures when no one is expecting it, which is why I say that continuously running cameras are the best way of getting UFO pictures.

[media=]

• Like 1

Why do you suppose those promoting the 'unexplainableness' of such videos hide the contempory NASA studies of them from their target audience? My theory: engineered ignorance facilitates the duping.

See here:

http://www.jamesober...oonpigeons.html

But you keep saying that there are no NASA explanations for UFOs, although I thought all along that was your job.

But you keep saying that there are no NASA explanations for UFOs, although I thought all along that was your job.

Since I don't recall EVER saying that, I'll have to ask you -- I know you hate this kind of cheating -- for any link where you saw me say it, even once.

Let's just put it this way, in the cases I pick I'm generally dubious of all conventional explanations. ...

Are there ANY 'conventional explanations' on 'space UFO stories' you are not automatically 'dubious' about?

Please specify one or two, if any exist.