Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mokele-mbembe film from "That's Incredible"

bulldogzrep

I think the person who filmed the famous "That's Incredible" footage was someone called Kevin Duffy. I learnt this from a blog that posted the following pic (and it was described as a still from a mokele mbembe film) and cited him:

monsters_08.jpg

Credit cited for photo: Mokele-Mbembe, the Congo Monster

An apatosaurus-like dinosaur known as Mokele-mbembe swims in a swampy region of the Congo. Data-Asset Id 20373459

Data-Asset Uid 56fa0f0c-d82f-4360-8ab0-693deb580a83

Data-License Type RM

Data-MarketingCollection 77

Data-RestrictionIds 109,58274,292,1516,1587

Data-Is Image Processing Required false

Data-Corbis Id 42-20373459

Stock Photo ID: 42-20373459

Date Photographed: July 01, 1981

Photographer: Kevin Dufy

Credit: © Kevin Dufy/Sygma/Corbis

http://www.corbisima...e-congo-monster

Blog:http://frontiersofzo...expedition.html

Doing some more research on Kevin Duffy, I found this:

2v1ail5.jpgSource of this clipping: http://www.ignacioda...Mutilations.pdf

So far it seems the famous lost footage is a hoax :( Whether this is the actual footage from "That's Incredible" I am not sure but from the clipping, I can only say it is.

I've sent a message to Roy Mackal to confirm this but I don't think I'll get a reply.

I would still like to see the footage myself for curiosity wise but other than that...my hopes from seeing a legit film of mokele mbembe are all but gone.

Edited by bulldogzrep

Thanks for posting and thanks for the links.

I have never seen the 'That's Incredible' footage, so I can't say if the image is taken from it, but I was always under the impression the footage was a hoax.

Its always nice to read about Mokele though. :)

Edited by Junior Chubb

I always thought the "That's Incredible" video was that aerial video showing a wake in a lake. As far as I know the "Log" photo is just a photo and though from about the same time, was not from Thats Incredible. I could easily be wrong though. But, I've been following Mokele Mbembe for like 7 years online here and never seen this other Thats Incredible video. I actually went looking for it like about a month ago and could not find anything other then the photo you post and the wake video. The wake video I know is confirmed to be from Thats Incredible.

Edit: Digging into it a bit more.

I guess NOT CONFIRMED is more accurate. Because the wake video is supposedly from 1992, but That's Incredible was from 1980 to 1984.

The photo for Duffy would be from the right time frame, if the data on the photo is real. But, I don't see his name associated with any expeditions or with That's Incredible. But, I'll keep looking.

Edit: It seems that the episode was #26. But, I've not been able to find it online yet.

Edited by DieChecker

The photo for Duffy would be from the right time frame, if the data on the photo is real. But, I don't see his name associated with any expeditions or with That's Incredible. But, I'll keep looking.

The image I posted was said to be a still from a mokele-mbembe film. I didn't think Kevin Duffy was associated with "That's Incredible" until I saw the clipping where Duffy is mentioned by name. Doing some more research, there is a Kevin Duffy who has written books on Congo pygmy tribes. I can only assume it's the same Kevin Duffy that was involved with mokele-mbembe. This is where I drew the conclusion that the still might be authentic and from "That's Incredible". Also from reading the clipping, Mackal describes the head as being carved and this is what the still looks like to me.

good find bulldogzrep. to me the head in the pic looks artificial, i.e. doesn't strike me as a living creature. perhaps the guy who posted the picture knows of the actual footage (considering the pic is from the thats incredible video)?

Cheers axiom, the person from the blog cited the picture and I'm pretty sure that's the end of it, though I'll double check if he knows of the footage.

Cheers axiom, the person from the blog cited the picture and I'm pretty sure that's the end of it, though I'll double check if he knows of the footage.

really curious where he might have gotten the picture from

I always thought the "That's Incredible" video was that aerial video showing a wake in a lake.

I believe the aerial footage you're speaking of is old footage from a Japanese film crew that was researching Mokele-mbembe . This can be found easily on you tube.

I believe the aerial footage you're speaking of is old footage from a Japanese film crew that was researching Mokele-mbembe . This can be found easily on you tube.

thats right. the footage from thats incredible is NOT the japanese footage from 1992

I just received a reply from Roy Mackal:

"Hi, There is no authentic footage of Mokele mbembe that I know off. Best, Roy Mackal"

• Like 1

I've done a lot of snorkeling in clear water rivers in Florida and have seen a lot of logs sticking out of the water that look very similar to the above photo.

Sorry!

I believe the aerial footage you're speaking of is old footage from a Japanese film crew that was researching Mokele-mbembe . This can be found easily on you tube.

You are totally correct. I fixed this in the other Mokele thread, but forgot I'd posted that in this thread too. Thanks for the clarification. :nw:

• 5 weeks later...

Here's a write-up from the LOCH NESS BLOG (looks like Bulldog and I stumbled onto the same info):

http://lochnessmyste...ele-mbembe.html

Bulldog, did you inquire as to whether or not Mackal has a copy of the video?

I wrote to Mackal whether the footage shown in "that's incredible" was hoaxed, and his reply was that he doesn't know of any authentic footage. I didn't ask whether he had a copy and I don't think he does based on what he replied to me. I can see that you are one of the lucky few who has seen the footage, any chance you can describe it in full?

p.s. I didn't write the article but am assuming they got the info from the forum here

Edited by bulldogzrep