Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spiritual Pines?

Alisdair.MacDonald

I know this sounds out there, but I have my reasons for inquiring. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a connection between Pine trees and the afterlife.

If a spirit left you a Pine branch as symbolic meaning, what is the meaning you would gather from it? Provided that you believed in that sort of thing?

I have found some Native American belief that link the Pine tree to Immortality. Most likely because of its inherent 'evergreen' traits.

That is all I can find.

• Like 1

I know this sounds out there, but I have my reasons for inquiring. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of a connection between Pine trees and the afterlife.

If a spirit left you a Pine branch as symbolic meaning, what is the meaning you would gather from it? Provided that you believed in that sort of thing?

I have found some Native American's believe that the link to the Pine tree was a link to Immortality. Or "Time". Most likely because of its inherent 'evergreen' traits.

That is all I can find.

Ahhh you are in luck I am a full blooded Native American. Cherokee Indian. Pine trees have always meant something to my people. Such as they used the sap from pine to 'glue' arrow heads onto spears etc. Cherokee's believed the pine trees were a gift from the Pleiades star system. Hope that helps you. :su

Edited by IndianPrincess

Chickamauga Cherokee are etched Ancient designs written upon and within the lines of seeing. The Cherokee Zodiac is alive and moves and spins upon the rings of TIME UNTIME. As the main outline remains its hold and is stationed in the sky of stars its movement within that frozen outline does indeed change with the movements of the other elements. Elements within the rotations planets, stars, and bodies of the heavens. As other cultures station their Zodiac as a permanent fixture the Cherokee Zodiac morphs or changes and becomes as if ALIVE. Always Alive, breaths, lives, and takes upon each constellation its own deeming of things, Time, Untime, and among those things, Prophecy. But, to further answer your question they believed the pine was healing as it was. It was often used as an active healing antiseptic. So seeing how they believed the Zodiac or stars contained a sort of "heaven" and held all time then I guess you could say they would gather there to use it's contants. And again they thought they were a clear gift from heaven you could say.

Hope that helps you a bit further. :tu:

Edited by IndianPrincess

When I think of a Pine tree, I think of the Pineal Gland, in the brain(3rd eye)... I've heard that whenever the 3rd eye is activated, the aging process stops... immortality(do not know this to be fact, though... something I've only heard)

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Ahhh you are in luck I am a full blooded Native American. Cherokee Indian. Pine trees have always meant something to my people. Such as they used the sap from pine to 'glue' arrow heads onto spears etc. Cherokee's believed the pine trees were a gift from the Pleiades star system. Hope that helps you. :su

The black faced god has given us many things it would seem. I have often wondered what it's doing in the Pleiades. My theory is that it's doing the same thing there that it did here.