Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Modern wheat, perfect chronic poison

Ashotep

Modern wheat does not have gliadin in it because it's a new thing. Gliadin has always been one of the components with gluten. It is in ancient wheat too.

How much gliadin and gluten are in a wheat does depend on the class and variety- the most common bread wheats, hard red spring and winter wheats have a higher protein, and more gluten and yep gliadin. Durum- pasta wheat, has less than bread wheats. Einkorn has even less than durum.

A nice study of ancient durum wheats and a-Gliadin- http://www.tswj.com/2012/837416/

A nice paper on gluten sensitivity that discusses gliadin- http://kalishresearch.com/a_gluten.html

In 1966 Fred E Pittman and Rodney J Pollitt did a study, Studies of jejunal mucosal digestion of peptic-tryptic digests of wheat protein in coeliac disease- they mention gliadin as well. It's a PDF download so I don't have a link for it.

The discussion and clinicals on gliadin might only be 50 years old or so, but it certainly is not a new introduction to wheat. It for sure isn't something that is the result of GMO's. Genetically engineered really isn't the same thing as genetically modified when it comes to plants.

It healed me after I took an arrow to the knee...

Them darn arrows...

I hate taking swords to the chest.

• Like 1

I try not to eat a lot of bread, sugar,etc. because I'm diabetic. I try to eat more veggies,etc. I do eat some fruit because it's good for you.And I eat fat free dairy,though sometimes I forget about the pint of milk in the fridge and wind up throwing it out. because i didn't drink it. I'm going to order some heirloom seeds which are not GMOs from Baker Creek Farms and grow my own veggies.You can get bread from rice and tapioca in the stores, but they are expensive.I have seen natural grains ground for flour in the stores, but as far as wheat goes, not sure on that score. Seems like everything is going to kill you. Trying to stay away from sodas and drink more tea,green or a mix of black and green.Would start my own little farm if I could, though the animals might wind up more like pets than anything.No antibiotics for them in their feed,just good natural food and such.They keep monkeying around with our food.I think for some people when they worked on having wheat or other crops produce bigger yields,it wasn';t all about money, but trying to help feed hungery people in the world.But some where along the line they went overboard. Also, all those chemicals and preservetives don't help either.But yes, my parents ate a better diet than we do now, because while there were canned veggies, fish and other processed foods, the majority of people made their dinner from scratch with fresh meat and vegetables, and didn't eat alot of snacks. They had popcorn, cheese and crackers,smoked oysters and other things to much on, not like what we have today.

How strange. My diet consists mostly of white bread, toast, juice, pizza, beer and milk, at least 5 days a week and I just had a bit of a cold 1 day the last 2 and half years. I rarely eat what people call "healthy" food, and I party quite hard on the and been doing so the last 10 years... how do you explain that? People blame sugars, karbonhydrates, fat, whatever... From my experience, what really matters when it comes to your physical health has less to do with what you put in your mouth but how much.... the body isn't built to handle a royal buffet of everything you ever want every day. Try starve yourself a bit, eat 1 small meal of your choice once per day instead of 3-4 supersized meals then feast on what you enjoy most once in a while....

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16529878

Everyday I see people at the grocery store, in machine wheel chairs who are 300+ pounds, stocking their baskets with 3 liter cokes, corny dogs, 2lb. bags of doritos, fried chicken from the deli, etc. I really don't think these fat people are eating much wheat, in fact some of them probably haven't heard of wheat.

I did not know Coke came in 3 liter bottles.

Hasn't anyone else noticed that everyone who gets tested for gluten alergies these days turns out to be to be allergic?

edited for spelling

I was tested for a gluten allergy and was negative. I did turn out to have fructose malabsorption disorder which is not an immune thing.

mind you, three geneations ago people were dropping dead from TB ( was it TB or was it something else?) in "real milk", so not all "real fods" are 100% safe either.

Unpateurized milk is the main natural source of TB and is a big spreader of toxic E. coli species.

Yes thank you, I am talking about modern wheat that has been genetically modified to produce bigger yields and now it has something called gliadin in it because it was modified. Organically grown, it still doesn't matter because they are using a modified seed so same result.

Even if its whole wheat never been bleached it still has it in it. Have to watch the whole wheat breads and such because they put gluten in it.

Most cereal grains were genetically modified to produce bigger yields BCE. Gliadin is present in all Triticum grass species and is partcially responsible for wheat's ability to rise during baking. Most modern wheats contain more gliadin than is present in the original species and some contain more than is present in even more modern wheat varieties pre-1930s. Although it is likely more a product of selective breeding than manual addition of genes.

Edited by FurthurBB
  • Like 1

How strange. My diet consists mostly of white bread, toast, juice, pizza, beer and milk, at least 5 days a week and I just had a bit of a cold 1 day the last 2 and half years. I rarely eat what people call "healthy" food, and I party quite hard on the and been doing so the last 10 years... how do you explain that? People blame sugars, karbonhydrates, fat, whatever... From my experience, what really matters when it comes to your physical health has less to do with what you put in your mouth but how much.... the body isn't built to handle a royal buffet of everything you ever want every day. Try starve yourself a bit, eat 1 small meal of your choice once per day instead of 3-4 supersized meals then feast on what you enjoy most once in a while....

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16529878

Yeah, we all did that, but you can't do it for ever. At some point it all catches up with you and you find you don't have much choice but to eat more healthily. :(