Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Rare find: a billion-to-one round egg

17 posts in this topic

When mother-of-two Cassie Greenhill went to make her teenage son an omelette last week she made a cracking discovery.

For 32-year-old Cassie, of Enfield, north London, discovered that the egg she was about to crack for 14-year-old Harry's breakfast was a rare perfectly round specimen.

Despite Brits getting through a staggering 11 billion eggs every year the odds of making such a find are a billion-to-one.

http://www.dailymail...ctly-round.html

son goes hungry

3 people like this

only 11 perfectly round eggs every year? can you sell them?

First world problem.

lmao.

1 person likes this

Just don't mistake it for a ping pong ball.

1 person likes this

im with lee on this one.

1 person likes this

*Not perfectly round.

1 person likes this

Shock ! Horror ! A round egg ! It`s a square egg that would solve a few problems . Don`t know about the hen though .

Shock ! Horror ! A round egg ! It`s a square egg that would solve a few problems . Don`t know about the hen though .

It would certainly make the hen's eyes water.

I would stick it on eBay.

Oh goody, just what I always never cared about...a round egg. I can probably go to Walmart, hit up their egg section, and find at least 5-6 round eggs. Does that constitute a miracle? No. It means that they have a perfectionist chicken. LOL

meh

i find it more interesting that sometimes my ice cubes have ice spears sticking out the top in different directions for no apparent reason. that's cool

round egg? not so cool

1 person likes this

I used to work in a chicken house. By a big cooperation . Round eggs are fairly common, and other shapes at that, some come out shaped like a finger cause that is the shape of the canal and they are soft so they come out in the form of the canal . Some come out with no shell completely transparent . Also, have you ever seen an egg within an egg, yep that happens too .. lol

1 person likes this

son goes hungry

I'm sure a teenage boy can make his own breakfast.

raised checkens for eggs in the 70s, had an average of 35-40 chickens and 2 turkeys at any time, and we saw truely round eggs at least three of four times a month nothing unusual about this, I used to love fresh eggs. and fresh turkey and fresh chicken and several other types of animal.

yes i have seen an egg inside an egg, I have also seen double yoke and triple yoke eggs

Edited by mysticwerewolf

I have two hens and one egg was shaped like a torpedo recently . double yolk as well. it was her first. The other hen laid a shell-less egg for her first. Having been around chickens all my life, I know round eggs are not that out of the ordinary . Still neat, but news? nah

If nothing is perfect, then that egg is not.