Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien life could be discovered within 40 yrs

Still Waters

The question of whether alien life exists could be answered within 40 years, according to the Queen's astronomer.

Martin Rees, former president of the Royal Society, said evidence of whether beings exist not only beyond earth but beyond our solar system, could be found in that time, a newspaper reported.

Lord Rees said he believed that astro-physicists could be able to view images of distant planets outside the solar system as soon as 2025. This could potentially lead to the discovery of some form of life them.

http://www.telegraph...astronomer.html

oh how lovelly, we could be the watchers... instead of the watched. ;)

As usual, the civilian scientists just don't know that it already has been discovered, or more correctly that it discovered us a long time ago,

• Like 1

He's just a measly astronomer. Next comes a book, I'm sure.

"The respected SETI Institute", LMAO!

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Or, if we are alone in this part of the galaxy we might NEVER find ET.

• Like 1

Infinitely more likely.

p.s. After watching the 'Horizon' documentary that tried to explain how big the universe is you can't help but feel that we are effectively alone, & I believe that a failure to even begin to grasp the incredible distances involved is what gives 'ufologist' false hope.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

He's just a measly astronomer. Next comes a book, I'm sure.

"The respected SETI Institute", LMAO!

I doubt that they could detect any aliens if they even got a phone call from them. LOL

'

I think they're already here and that they've been here a long, long time.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

And there it is again. I think we have also been picking up these ET signals for many years, for decades even, which in addition to all the thousands of very good UFO reports is yet more proof that we are the ones who have already been detected.

And Prof. Kaku says that alien life should be kept Top Secret, just on national security grounds. Well, he may or may not know that many of his colleagues who were associated with the military and intelligence agencies arrived at that conclusion many decades ago, and for the same reasons: panic, crazy and weird reactions from the John Q. Publics, threats to law, order, social stability and the financial markets, etc, etc.

Prof Kaku thinks it a matter of national security rather than freedom of speech, and I used to think the same way myself. It was second nature to me that I would think like that. I believe he has also arrived at the conclusion that just because ETs have advanced technology that does not necessarily make them friendly--far from it.

Kaku thinks that predators are always much smarter than prey, and that anything that evolved on its own out there is likely to be predatory, although I agree with him that we are not a food source for them and that they do not need resources here since those can be found in many other places.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDwP4FUuohY&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s[/media]

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I'm not the only one who thinks that this 1977 signal might have been an answer to the 1974 transmission that we sent out from the Araceibo telescope, which means that it might have been picked out by someone much closer rather than a couple hundred light years away like they think.

[media=]

[/media]

This poster thinks he can hear real speech in the Wow signal by raising the pitch by 50, although I'm not so sure about that at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrf94tlS4ck&feature=player_detailpage

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I think they're already here and that they've been here a long, long time.

There is nothing wrong with opinions and belief, but, when it comes to this sort of thing, I want to know, rather than "think" they exist.

There is nothing wrong with opinions and belief, but, when it comes to this sort of thing, I want to know, rather than "think" they exist.

I think I do know.

As Prof. Kaku said, no one could identify what this object was. Not a star, galaxy, asteroid or comet, and I think the theory about the collision of two asteroids is very lame. It was a real UFO and basically they never could explain it, but they'd rather say it was anything else than something ET. They'd rather say it was my dead uncle driving around his Cadillac out there than an alien spaceship--and a very large one at that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1cgtivUAM&feature=player_detailpage

If this was actually something we were flying around out there, then it would mean our technology is far more advanced than the public knows, but no astronomers could really identify it as a natural object. They didn't know what it was.

hubble-telescope-discovers-ufo-20100202023539754-000.jpg

nasa_ufo_hubble_telescope_picture.jpg

HubbleUFOBlowup1CNeg.gif

Edited by TheMacGuffin

If this was actually something we were flying around out there, then it would mean our technology is far more advanced than the public knows, but no astronomers could really identify it as a natural object.

They didn't know what it was.

Thats interesting.

But, again, and as most of us already knows,... Not knowing, or not being able to identify something is far from the same thing as made by ET.

It simply meens we dont know what it was,... thats all there is to it.

Thats interesting.

But, again, and as most of us already knows,... Not knowing, or not being able to identify something is far from the same thing as made by ET.

It simply meens we dont know what it was,... thats all there is to it.

Is someone constructed this thing, that doesn't leave too many possibilities, does it? It's either one of ours, something very advanced, or someone else built it.

If this was actually something we were flying around out there, then it would mean our technology is far more advanced than the public knows, but no astronomers could really identify it as a natural object. They didn't know what it was.

hubble-telescope-discovers-ufo-20100202023539754-000.jpg

nasa_ufo_hubble_telescope_picture.jpg

HubbleUFOBlowup1CNeg.gif

Really? How about searching through scientific publications?

Comet P/2010 A2 LINEAR is an object on an asteroidal orbit within the inner main belt, therefore a good candidate for membership with the main belt comet family. It was observed with several telescopes (ESO New Technology Telescope, La Silla, Chile; Gemini North, Mauna Kea, Hawaii; University of Hawaii 2.2 m, Mauna Kea, Hawaii) from 14 Jan. until 19 Feb. 2010 in order to characterize and monitor it and its very unusual dust tail, which appears almost fully detached from the nucleus; the head of the tail includes two narrow arcs forming a cross. No evolution was observed during the span of the observations. Observations obtained during the Earth orbital plane crossing allowed an examination of the out-of-plane 3D structure of the tail. The immediate surroundings of the nucleus were found dust-free, which allowed an estimate of the nucleus radius of 80–90 m, assuming an albedo p = 0.11 and a phase correction with G = 0.15 (values typical for S-type asteroids). A model of the thermal evolution indicates that such a small nucleus could not maintain any ice content for more than a few million years on its current orbit, ruling out ice sublimation dust ejection mechanism. Rotational spin-up and electrostatic dust levitations were also rejected, leaving an impact with a smaller body as the favoured hypothesis. This is further supported by the analysis of the tail structure. Finston-Probstein dynamical dust modelling indicates the tail was produced by a single burst of dust emission. More advanced models (described in detail in a companion paper), independently indicate that this burst populated a hollow cone with a half-opening angle α ~ 40° and with an ejection velocity vmax ~ 0.2 m s-1, where the small dust grains fill the observed tail, while the arcs are foreshortened sections of the burst cone. The dust grains in the tail are measured to have radii between a = 1–20 mm, with a differential size distribution proportional to a−3.44 ± 0.08. The dust contained in the tail is estimated to at least 8 × 108 kg, which would form a sphere of 40 m radius (with a density ρ = 3000 kg m-3 and an albedo p = 0.11 typical of S-type asteroids). Analysing these results in the framework of crater physics, we conclude that a gravity-controlled crater would have grown up to ~100 m radius, i.e. comparable to the size of the body. The non-disruption of the body suggest this was an oblique impact.
(link)

Really? How about searching through scientific publications?

Yes, BMK, I'm well-aware that some people stuck various "explanations" on these pictures, such as "comet-like asteroid", but I never bought it. Even Kaku didn't seem to buy it--not really--since they also claimed they had never seen anything like it before. No, I don't buy it.

p2010a2_hst_big.jpg

Yes, BMK, I'm well-aware that some people stuck various "explanations" on these pictures, such as "comet-like asteroid", but I never bought it. Even Kaku didn't seem to buy it--not really--since they also claimed they had never seen anything like it before. No, I don't buy it.

[...]

What a shock...

How about sequence by HST

8-panel.jpg

(link)

What a shock...

How about sequence by HST

Yes, it was up there quite a while, wasn't it, and it looks like it was becoming more distant--whatever it really was. Do I believe any of the "official" explanations about these matters? Of course not. They are almost always lies.

What speed was it moving at? About 11,000 miles per hour? Constant speed?

In the video, Kaku denied it was an asteroid or comet. Why did he say that? Didn't he say that speed was too slow for an asteroid or comet? That's why I posted the video, so Prof. Kaku could tell us that it wasn't a natural object.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Silly question... If I were to go into the archives of what was said, let's say, 40 years ago... would I find the same type of pronouncements?

Discoveries like this are perpetually just around the corner and only a couple decades away. The truth is we might have proof from SETI tomorrow or later today... or in 3 centuries. Or any time in between.