Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien life could be discovered within 40 yrs

Still Waters

Now that's the most sensible thing I've heard all day, aside from my own posts of course!

Holy crap. You found that comforting? I found it somewhat disturbing!!!

• Like 1

We're the youngest solar system that exists as fas as we know. By now we should have been contacted by other life. We have not and perhaps that's because they don't feel we're ready.

This is not quite correct. Our solar system is ~4.6 billion years old and typically stars are estimated on average to be between 1 and 10 billion years old (oldest I believe is some 13 billion years). Here is a list of some of the stars with confirmed or possible planets with age listed and it is noted that we are pretty much smack in the middle, age wise.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited for typo and extra words.

Edited by badeskov

We're the youngest solar system that exists as fas as we know. By now we should have been contacted by other life. We have not and perhaps that's because they don't feel we're ready.

Badeskov is completely correct.

LINK - US and Australian astronomers cancel out light from solar cloud to reveal new planet LkCa 15 b forming in swirl of stardust