Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO in orbit around the Earth ?

Saru

say what? It doesn't change direction. It doesn't stop. It doesn't 'fly' back - it simply 'fades' into view, staying exactly in the same place, then fades out again. Looks EXACTLY like a satellite that has briefly caught the sun with its solar panels - eg Google Iridium Flare.. Note that it does NOT move relative to the camera - so we also know it's most likely a geostationary comm's satellite.

Edited by Chrlzs
  • Like 2

satellites visibly move i thought. I have seen a satellite with out camera moving, comes across my sky just before 12. why would the sun shine on it at random points, what would be in the way, unless satellite is spinning. think i need to look up geostationary satelites as i know zilch on the subject lol

I agree with Chrlzs. There is nothing there to make me believe it was anything but a satellite or maybe a meteor striking the atmosphere at an angle which sent it skipping into space.

Geosychronis Satellite.

explain to us what are geosychronis satellites (or have me google up what are they).

• Like 1

explain to us what are geosychronis satellites (or have me google up what are they).

A geosynretic satellite obits the world @ the same speed as the world. Satellite TV is boradcast from them.

At night (specifically not long after sunset) they appear in glowing, but fade away as the earths shadow covers them. They appear to move against stars, but are only moving with the earth @ the same rotational speed.

Edited by Professor T

It's a satellite.

And it's spelled geosynchronous.

The period of orbit is approximately 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds so they stay at exactly the same spot above Earth. To do so they need a very high altitude orbit of approximately 22236 miles. If sun is at the right angle they will glare like a mirror.

It's a satellite. And it's spelled geosynchronous.

... they stay at exactly the same spot above Earth..

For the purposes of this discussion, yes, that's true enough.

But in fact a geosynchronous sat actually wanders a bit.. For anyone who wants to know why, try this explanation.

The two terms - geostationary and geosynchronous - tend to be (incorrectly) used interchangeably by Joe Public. And to be honest, it probably doesn't matter all that much unless you truly are a rocket scientist..

Lol, thanks for correcting my spelling guys..

I should be more careful.

:tu: