Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lemuria

Alisdair.MacDonald

Interesting, who knows maybe thousands of years from now the American Continent or some other one will be a myth.

• Like 1

Everyone knows about Atlantis, but did you know about Lemuria?

http://www.crystalin...om/lemuria.html

Well, like Abe has shown there are umpteen posts on Lemuria.

Did you know that Lemuria was a Thought Experiment or A Hypothetical continent?

Read on

Lemuria

It was just an Hypothetical continent between Madagascar & India,proposed by Philip Sclater , proposed to explain the presence of Lemurs in the Indian sub continent and in Madagascar.

Soon the silly fringe nuts like Churchwald pounced upon it and there sprang the myth of Lemuria and when the silly public gobbled it up (of course by buying his books) he sensationalised another lost continent - Mu.

Silly Public, Rich fringe author. Bah!!

• Like 3

Yes, we do (click thumbnail):

post-18246-0-07194800-1347037672_thumb.g

Yeah, well it is the nature of these things.

I'll be the jerk that saw something interesting and took what little time in my day I have to share it with you.

You're welcome.

Yeah, well it is the nature of these things.

I'll be the jerk that saw something interesting and took what little time in my day I have to share it with you.

You're welcome.

And I just showed you some threads about Lemuria, aside from the many more posts spread out over many other threads.

Anyway, alas, all 'info' concerning Mu/Lemuria (the myth, not the scientific one The_Spartan already mentioned/ lemurs) came from Blavatsky, Cayce and Churchward. I really don't know which one of them was the greatest fantast.

Edited by Abramelin

Abe, do you thinki these classical fringe nuts like Blavatsky, Cayce and Churchward. and the new age ones like Sitchin, Daniken, Childress, hancock and every wannabe fringer ..ACTUALLY believe what they say??

And I just showed you some threads about Lemuria, aside from the many more posts spread out over many other threads.

Anyway, alas, all 'info' concerning Mu/Lemuria (the myth, not the scientific one The_Spartan already mentioned/ lemurs) came from Blavatsky, Cayce and Churchward. I really don't know which one of them was the greatest fantast.

I know.

Instead of focussing on these cooked up stories, why not focus on real submerged lands, like Sundaland the present day Indonesian archipelago), Doggerland (present day North Sea), the Persian Gulf, and the west coast of India?

These submerged areas of land really existed.

There are legends about the sunken land in the Persian Gulf and the west coast of India (The_Spartan surely knows about that one), but none about Sundaland and Doggerland. These last two are really HUGE stretches of submerged land (the latter even catastrophically flooded).

None of our most famous 'psychics' had anything to say about those two, Sundaland and Doggerland.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Sundaland & west coast of India:

India-SE-Asia-in-late-Ice-Age.jpg

Doggerland;

2007_dogger_re-engineered_satelite_photo_530.jpg

The Persian Gulf:

Persian_Gulf.gif

Edited by Abramelin

Instead of focussing on these cooked up stories, why not focus on real submerged land, like Sundaland the present day Indonesian archipelago), Doggerland (present day North Sea), the Persian Gulf, and the west coast of India?

These submerged areas of land really existed.

There are legends about the sunken land in the Persian Gulf and the west coast of India (The_Spartan surely knows about that one), but none about Sundaland and Doggerland. These last two are really HUGE stretches of submerged land (the latter even catastrophically flooded).

None of our most famous 'psychics' had anything to say about those two, Sundaland and Doggerland.

Not so fast.

There is this Prof. Arysio Nunos Dos Santos, of Argentina, who isnt an trained Archaeologist or a historian, but a nuclear Physicist, whose theory proposes that The Lost Continent of Atlantis is on the sunda shelf/Sundaland.

Please refer to the link below

http://www.atlan.org/

Yeah he is not a Psychic but a fringer for sure.

Edited by The_Spartan

I know, and the guy is an idio... not to be taken seriously.

But Sundaland did exist, and not just in the imagination of this 'professor'.

But Oppenheimer at least is not going the fringe way like the Nunos Dos santos guy though both are discussing about the sundaland/Sunda shelf.

Oppenheimer's approach is scientific.

The L,

You are very right, I forgot about the Black Sea. But the Black Sea got flooded slowly and steadily; nothing 'catastrophic' here.

But I have 2 favorites: Sundaland and Doggerland.

As you know I crammed a thread to the brim with info and ideas concerning Doggerland, but the most important part is this:

Doggerland got catastrophically (I love that word) flooded.

And my guess is, so did Sundaland.

Why?

Post-glacial isostatic rebound/adjustment.

And that process of tectonic re-adjustment, combined with the socalled Pacific "Ring of Fire" gives me a disaster scenario similar to what Plato described.

Edited by Abramelin

But Oppenheimer at least is not going the fringe way like the Nunos Dos santos guy though both are discussing about the sundaland/Sunda shelf.

Oppenheimer's approach is scientific.

And that's why I mentioned him.

If you go back to 8000 BC (or BP, sorry, I don't remember what it was), Mt. Etna exploded, its eastern side collapsed, and it created a tsunami that flooded the eastern part of the Mediterranean.

• Like 1

And that's why I mentioned him.

Science can be dead wrong. All scholars belive in Ptolemy model of universe untill Copernicus. Orcourse if you dont consider that science start from 1543 which I do.

I

The tsunami would have reached a height of about 40 metres on the continental shelf near what is now Calabria, causing waves 8 to 13 metres high along the coasts of modern Greece and Libya, and 2 to 4 metres high in parts of Egypt and Syria.

Its 7-8000 years ago:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/12/061204-tsunami-israel_2.html

• Like 2

In the movie Journey 2 : The Mysterious island, Josh Hutcherson's character "Sean" explains that "tectonic recurrence" causes land mass under the sea to fold up/rise up or fold down/sink.

What crock!!

• Like 1

Cool Simulation Abe!!

I should build my home in the Highlands!!

Edited by The_Spartan

The tsunami would have reached a height of about 40 metres on the continental shelf near what is now Calabria, causing waves 8 to 13 metres high along the coasts of modern Greece and Libya, and 2 to 4 metres high in parts of Egypt and Syria.

[media=]

[/media]

Its 7-8000 years ago:

http://news.national...i-israel_2.html

Thats interesting.

In the movie Journey 2 : The Mysterious island, Josh Hutcherson's character "Sean" explains that "tectonic recurrence" causes land mass under the sea to fold up/rise up or fold down/sink.

What crock!!

LOL of course its crock! its a Disney flick!