Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

EU mulling ban on settlement products

questionmark

Greek diplomat says European Union is considering complete import ban and labeling of settlement products; adds Athens believes settlements 'illegal'

ATHENS – Will the boycott on settlement products expand from Africa to EU? The EU is considering an import ban on settlement products, an official Greek representative said on Friday, when asked about his country's stance on the issue.

The Greek diplomat noted that the EU's committees are currently deliberating on the issue of settlement products and are expected to present their conclusions to the EU Executive Commission for is decision on the matter.

Read more

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• and-then

• questionmark

• Ashotep

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that such sanctions will be about as effective as they have been for Iran, which is to say they will be painful - but useless in changing behavior.

I wonder if the EU buys enough settlement products to cause pain if they stop.

I wonder if the EU buys enough settlement products to cause pain if they stop.

I've wondered the same but have no numbers. My guess is that if it is enforced it will be in ways that benefit local European farms. I think Israel's greatest export to the EU is agriculture but I'm not sure.