Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Snoop Dog reincarnated to Snoop Lion

jugoso

Verbally astute and always entertaining, Snoop Dogg shared his new, more spiritual perspective on life and music at the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday, ahead of the premiere of his documentary filmReincarnated.

A project of Vice Films, Reincarnated captures Snoop's month-long sojourn to Jamaica in early 2012 to infuse himself in the homeland of reggae and Rastafarian culture, as inspiration for his first reggae album (expected to be released later this year).

The hip hop icon revealed his transformation earlier this summer when he announced the new musical persona tied to his forthcoming reggae endeavours: Snoop Lion. In Reincarnated, it's reggae pioneer Bunny Wailer who's among the first to use the new moniker.

"They just crowned me the lion, because it's Rastafari. It's associated with reggae music. It was given to me, it wasn't that I chose it," Snoop told reporters gathered for a press conference Friday afternoon.

"It's a natural transformation, from the dog to the lion. It's not anything but the transformation and the growth of an artist, a person and a man."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/tiff/story/2012/09/07/tiff-snoop-reincarnated-presser.html

I watched his reality show once and LMAO....it was truly horrible. Let´s hope he stays true to the roots of reggae and the music and that this isn´t just a marketing ploy

... this is your brain on drugs. Any questions?

Its going to be a pain in the backside when he performs his old tracks and tries to fit his new name in...

Whats my mother*uckin' name...

Snoop Liney Lion!

• Like 3

Meh, he's a shadow of him former self. No decent songs since 'Drop It Like It's Hot' imo.

'Drop It Like It's Hot' is not his former self, you need to go back to the 90's for the best of Snoop Dog. It's been downhill since Doggystyle.

Poser.

• Like 1

I wonder if he will start trashing other singers in his lyrics and start a raggae war ...

Poser.

You think you Rasta?

You just an imposta, *****

^ deeply apologize!

white-people-thumb.jpg

Edited by Vein Capital

• 6 months later...

The man wants to reach back to his roots than let it be. As long as he doesnt disraspect.