Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ZOMBIES are coming!

sean6

'The ZOMBIES are coming!' Government warns of living dead pandemic in witty campaign to prepare Americans for genuine disasters

Batten down the hatches, the zombies are coming - at least according to the government.

In a bizarre public health campaign, the Homeland Security Department has warned Americans to prepare for a zombie apocalypse, in a bid to encourage better preparation for genuine disasters and emergencies.

To get ready for the living dead, they urge citizens to stock up on food, batteries and water, and to keep a spare change of clothes and medication on hand.

*Snip*

Zombie alert: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have released a public service poster on Preparedness 101: Zombie Pandemic, pictured

The theory behind the tongue-in-cheek campaign is that the same preparations will come in handy during a real emergency -- whether a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2200150/Homeland-Zombie-Warning-Amusing-campaign-prepares-Americans-genuine-disasters.html

i just dont know what to say lol

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image

Zombies are NOT possible. Stop hoping for one! Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

I've heard comments about that website where they're called "dailyfail."

• Like 1

Zombies are NOT possible. Stop hoping for one! Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

How can anyone be so sure that zombies are not possible? And what did you mean by 'don't drag us down with the rest of you'? And the website is an online version of a widely circulated newspaper in the UK - I'm not a fan of it much though!

• Like 3

Why didn't they mention bullets? If we are going to be attacked by zombies I think you would need plenty of ammo.

Oh for pity's sake, how silly can things get? Don't bother to answer, obviously silly as hell. Worry about the real stuff that can kill you and leave the zombies to video games and TV shows.

• Like 4

How can anyone be so sure that zombies are not possible? And what did you mean by 'don't drag us down with the rest of you'? And the website is an online version of a widely circulated newspaper in the UK - I'm not a fan of it much though!

Got any proof they are possible? As much as I'd love to believe in the paranormal I have yet to see any proof whatsoever about it's existance, werewolves, vampires. zombies and what not.

• Like 1

Got any proof they are possible? As much as I'd love to believe in the paranormal I have yet to see any proof whatsoever about it's existance, werewolves, vampires. zombies and what not.

Of course I haven't got proof, I'm just saying it could happen!

If anyone reads in between the line's then they probably would see that the government are preparing us all for an outbreak of some kind, possibly

induced by themselve's or another country (chemical warfare, viruses etc)

• Like 2

zombies are weak, are gov could take them all out in a matter of weeks (imo) but aliens, aliens are something else. something we cant plan for D: and we will get are asses kicked (if we dont get will smith to fight for us). so we should be thinking about alien attack scenarios and not zombie ones, zombies are only good in movies in real life they would last to long.

If you think it's silly, look at who's reporting it. Bellingham and the Tri-Cities already have zombies, they're just waiting for the pandemic to hit. I think Pasco is already at over 50% zombie population.

I think anyone that slates this idea is being short-sighted. They are NOT preparing themselves for a zombie apocolypse..... they are using zombies as a way to educate younger generations (who think Facebook crashing for more than 30 mins as an end of the world scenario) about being prepared for disaster scenarios, planning, emergency plans etc. When you look at a Zombie film, if you strip the undead from the equation you are left with a society that collapses with food, power, water, policing and more all disappearing and this is the same sort of thing that could happen in a hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, power supply disruptions over several weeks, riots, virus epidemics, etc. All they are doing is try to get people thinking more about what to do in an emergency rather than just tweeting news stations complaining the government have made no plans for the current disaster, and using zombies as a way to add a little fun and excitement to what is still a fairly general plan. If alien invasions were popular then they would use that for the same situation.... if Day of the Triffids became the next big thing the action plan and emergency planning would still be very similar. It is just education but trying to teach it to students (the younger public) in a way that engages them to learn it!

Edited by ExoPaul
  • Like 1

I would surround my house with outward facing treadmills hooked to a generator. Not only would zombies not be a bad thing, they could be a source of clean energy...

• Like 3

zombies attack man too many people are reading way in to this too deeply if any thing the gov or sum religious group will unleash sum hell on us probley sooner then later was listing to c2c the other night and it was doly noted that sum aircraft carrier over near syrea was told to leave in 5 days time or be fked then also 2 navle ships out in sandigo cali have gone off land power suply and under their own power then there was 29 plams and a few more place so yeah sum thing fixen to go down

Zombies are possible, just very unlikely. Rabies and other diseases would just need to mutate.

Unless you mean the living dead, then that is different, but that isn't what zombie means.

If the only way to educate the younger generation is to use zombies or other such nonsense then why bother ? Let them rot in their ignorance .

Why didn't they mention bullets? If we are going to be attacked by zombies I think you would need plenty of ammo.

Because it's not about zombie preparedness, that's just to get attention, because zombies are so popular right now. But you never know... lol

Ha ha ha ha ha this is so funny I nearly wet myself. :clap: