Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I want to hear a good ghost story

Ashotep

If anyone has a good ghost story to tell I would like to hear it. Just want to read a good story but they must be true, not something you just decided to make up just for this thread. The only thing I ask is not to make it incredibly long, one page or less and please use paragraphs. Please people no rude remarks.

My best encounter with a ghost was that of my cat. She had been missing for about a day. She was on my mind a lot wondering about her fate, I knew something had happened because of past premonitions.

Here's my story:

The next day after she was missing I saw her ghost come through a closed window. I had let her come in the house that way a few times she really liked that. I saw her come through the window walk onto the sofa then jump down in the floor walk over to some tools in the floor in front of the TV, stop and sniff them then run down the hall. That was the only time I saw her.

The funny thing about my encounter was that I could only see her out of the corner of my eye. If I looked directly at her she would disappear.

Ooohh so do I. :yes:

Hello!

I recommend searching this threads for stories.

There are a lot of ghost stories, some were interesting but a true ghost story is highly debatable. If some one told a story, the story teller may believe it where others are skeptical because the story most likely have plot holes, or concepts taking from movies or lack of details or was embellished or people working on their creative writing or trying to get traffic to their site.

I'll look for some of the popular stories and link it for you

• Like 1

My beloved Morticia visited me two Christmases in a row,after her death . I saw her out of the corner of my eye,I turned to look at her,nothing.

I saw my dad ,just once,in the house . I actually went running from the house,and wouldn't go back in until my mom came home.

• Like 1

most delusional piece of writing ive seen. he is either messing with people or has a serious problem with his brain

There are a lot of ghost stories, some were interesting but a true ghost story is highly debatable. If some one told a story, the story teller may believe it where others are skeptical because the story most likely have plot holes, or concepts taking from movies or lack of details or was embellished or people working on their creative writing or trying to get traffic to their site.

As i said earlier, almost every story told here seem to have flaws. I don't believe the story at all, but it was one of the most popular stories on this site. I don't believe for a second that the poster was telling an ounce of truth since it is SOOO far fetched in every angle and i don't believe oujia boards work just like ghost radars app on cell/tablet.

The most disturbing thing I ever heard wasn't actually a ghost story - it was just a quick reference.

My father is not an imaginative person... He is pretty literal and is not given to making up stories. He can't even become interested in movies. But once he was watching Star Wars with me when I was much younger. We came to the sand people (The short ones with robes on) and he said - "Hey - those are just like the little monks!"

Me and my mother turned to him and asked him what he was talking about.

He just replied, matter of factly as if this is obvious, "You know - the little monks. We used to see them all the time out of the corners of our eyes in the house I grew up in."

The way he said it always stuck with me. It was as if it was such a normal occurrence to him that it never even went through his mind that others didn't have that experience. I asked my grandmother later on about it and she replied in the same way - as if seeing short figures in robes out of the corner of your eye peaking through windows and such was just a ordinary thing to have happen...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have plenty of them! Let's see.. oh here's a quick one:

I was over at a friends house (it's very active!) and we were sitting in her living room (it's very traditional. No TV just a place to sit and talk) one day just talking about normal stuff, no paranormal things. :)

Her grandparents were in the kitchen, two rooms away with some other guests, chatting away about goodness knows what. Her little fluffy dog was sitting between us on the couch and i notice a little round shadow, about the size of a dinner plate, go across the floor from the kitchen, through the dinning room, into the living room where we were. :ph34r:

She noticed I'd gotten quiet and turned to see what I was looking at. The black disk stopped in front of the coffee table for a few minutes and we continued talking, thinking it was gone, and it moved again, from in front of the coffee table out to the foyer.

We both just shrugged and asked each other what we thought it was. We didn't feel anything threatening.. it was like it was curious more than anything. :blink:

Hope you enjoyed it! That's just the tip of the ice burg. :yes:

The most disturbing thing I ever heard wasn't actually a ghost story - it was just a quick reference.

My father is not an imaginative person... He is pretty literal and is not given to making up stories. He can't even become interested in movies. But once he was watching Star Wars with me when I was much younger. We came to the sand people (The short ones with robes on) and he said - "Hey - those are just like the little monks!"

Me and my mother turned to him and asked him what he was talking about.

He just replied, matter of factly as if this is obvious, "You know - the little monks. We used to see them all the time out of the corners of our eyes in the house I grew up in."

The way he said it always stuck with me. It was as if it was such a normal occurrence to him that it never even went through his mind that others didn't have that experience. I asked my grandmother later on about it and she replied in the same way - as if seeing short figures in robes out of the corner of your eye peaking through windows and such was just a ordinary thing to have happen...

OMG. you've have just reminded me of a similar experience i had when i was a kid and lived in a haunted/bad energy apartment. i used to see "monks" in the corner of my eye all the time. it was a regular thing for years. i just got used to it like your Dad did. they weren't small though, they were adult sized and in dark robes and only in the corner of my eye, never in full vision did i see them.

Myself and a friend of mine a long time ago (we were about 17 or 18 years old) were walking home from the pub (warning sign there!) and he was trying to scare me with some dumb story about how you could make the devil appear by walking around a church 3 times counter-clockwise. There was (is) a Catholic church that we would take a shortcut through on our way from our local pub to where we lived at the time. I didn't and don't believe such nonsense so took him up on his offer. He didn't like the idea, being of a supernatural bent, but I did it anyway and walked around the church we passed by on our way home, 3 times, counterclockwise. Nothing happened, obviously. We continued on our wander home.

About 100 yards beyond the church, we were walking past the start of a pathway that was a back entrance to a house that no-one lived in and as kids we had urban legends about how it was haunted. Just when walking past the pathway, we simultaneously looked at each other, freaked out, and simultaneously bolted it and ran like **** home (we lived next door to each other at the time). He claimed to have seen an image of an old woman down the pathway. I didn't see anything but was overcome with a sudden fear at the same time which is why we both ran like crazy home. He was a lot fitter than me and made it back quicker than me as I ran in a panic behind him thinking something was chasing me.

Dunno what actually happened, if anything. Probably just a shared freakout by a couple of drunk kids actively looking for a scare.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

Here's my ghost story:

One time at midnight, my bladder was feeling a bit tight so I decided to empty it. I went to the bathroom and opened the lights. Then I took emptied my bladder. I went to wash my hands and looked in the mirror. At first I saw my own sleepy face but then I saw a flash of white at the bottom right of the mirror. I looked closer and nothing was there. I then dismissed it as an hallucenation but when i was drying my hands i saw another flash of white but this time to my left. I was feeling freaked then and started looking around the bathroom. I hurried up the stairs to bed and climbed in. Then as i was about to close my eyes i yet again saw that curious white flash. This time it was right in front of my face. It was there for about 3 seconds and it disappeared. I estimate the distance between us was about 5 feet. Then it disappeared. Till this day i have never seen it again. I'd like to hear wat you guys think becuase Im still a bit skeptical about this experience because my pee was a weird color that morning. Id happily accept any comments and does this story match any of your experiences?

I only have one:

Around 2002 my dad was mates with some people who had a band and he decided to take his new video camera to a practice session one night. The place they practiced in was a cellar in a building that has been around since the 30's, the cellar was quite creepy and it had a massive iron door that could only be locked from the outside. The night went alright and they didn't see or hear anything out of place whilst they where there but later on when they all came back to ours for a few spliffs and to watch what my dad had recorded they where freaked out. When they came up to the song they did in the dark, right at the very end of the song you could clearly hear a small crowd clapping and whistiling as if they enjoyed the perfomance! None of them heard a thing whilst they where there but you could hear it clear as day on the video. The next day my dad found out that they actually used to store dead bodies in that cellar durning the Blitz of ww2!

After that there was always a rush not to be the last one out of that cellar, because the bands version of a joke was to lock whoever was left in there at the end of the session! :lol:

• Like 1

Hmmm.. How about another story! :clap:

(Most of my stories come from my friend Gabby's house. Not quite sure why that house is so active but we have never really gotten hurt from any of it so we just watch and let it be.)

Stair adventures:

The house my friend lives in is 2 stories and her bedroom is on the 2nd floor. We usually go up there to watch movies on Netflix (currently watching the Anime Black Butler, if you're an Anime fan I recommend it!) through her X-box or play video games. On one particular day we were actually heading down the stairs and she and her little Pomeranian where ahead of me past the middle landing and I was lagging behind on the 2nd where there are only 3 stairs.

I felt something push past me like it was running down and I fell down the three stairs I was on. Only her 70+ grandma was behind me and she was still in her own bedroom. I told her I just slipped but afterwards I told my friend what happened.

Other things that happen on the stairs include large shadowy figures moving up and down them and her doggie gets shoved down a step or two now and then. Sometimes we see a lady dressed in older period clothing walking down but she disappears before she gets to the floor.

Another thing that has happened to me on the stairs there was when we were headed up to play a game and she turned left really quick to the bathroom and I turned right to go to her bedroom and I felt like something grabbed my ankle. I could of swore I even felt the individual fingers wrap around as I walked through the door frame.

I looked down and didn't see any thing there so I walked back and forth through the door frame to make sure I couldn't re-create what I had felt maybe my pant leg caught the door frame or something. Nothing. The dog was in the bathroom with her. When I told her what happened (cause she thought I'd gone mad walking back and forth) she said when they were moving into the house her grandpa was fixing something in that room and left a corded drill and some other stuff next to the door and her and her friend went up to the bedroom for something, when they came back the tools were strung across the doorway. No one else was home.

• Like 1

Here is the site of Liverpool paranormal investigator and writer Tom Slemen. The site has lots of Tom's strange but true ghostly tales, most of which happened in Liverpool. It should give you many hours of happy reading: http://www.slemen.com/

gruesomeclown.gif

Read about the eerie Flying Nun; a ghostly funeral cortege; an enormous black bird seen flying over the city and its connection to the mysterious Mr Jones; the terrifying ghostly clown seen peering through people's windows on the city's Queen's Drive; the strange and eerie tale of two priests who, in 1986, walked down a busy Liverpool street only to suddenly discover that EVERYBODY, and the traffic, had temporarily vanished; the mysterious cries of a child heard late at night by the residents of Liverpool's Oxford Street in 1965; the strange case of the voice..... from the future; the sinister old hag who extracted a teenage girl's tooth in her bedroom; does Santa actually exist?!?!?! Read "The Note To Santa" and find out; and make sure the lights aren't out when you read the weird tale of the mysterious.... thing.... which, since the 1960s, has from time to time stalked Liverpool women only when there is a full moon, a humanoid "thing" with a mulberry face, a wiry body and, with it being able to run at great speed and jump over high walls, bears an uncanny resemblance to Spring-Heeled Jack

The Liverpool moon prowler: http://www.slemen.co...oonprowler.html

mulberryface.jpg

hobbsmurder.jpg

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Hi everyone

Where to start? Well I work for a city hosptial in New York as an LPN( i was born in Italy but now i live in america). I have just about as many ghostly patients as I do living. It's true the ghostly ones don't ask for much but they tend to scare my co-workers.

I think my favorite two are the Walker and the Watcher.(these are nick names I've given them.) The walker is a woman who comes down the hall nightly. She's pushing or pulling an IV pole because I can hear the wheels squeak as she makes her way down the hall. ( this usually happens when I'm alone. Go figure) If I look right at her I can't see her but if I look with the corner of my eye I can just make her out. She's wearing a house gown, not hospital gown.

Now just in front of the Nurse's station is a large pillar. My ghostly visitor walks to the pillar and disappears behind it.

My other ghostly client is the Watcher. This one is a middle age gentlemen. He looks hispanic and has a small mustashe. He is dressed in a hospital gown and I usually see him in room two, but only is its unoccupied. This rrom is located right next to the nurses station. Most of the time he just stands by the doorway watching the nurses. Some of my co-workers have seen him and are scared, but I tell them he can't hurt them

• Like 1

and other one:

I worked as a CNA on nights.One night I was floated to the trauma/surgical unit and assigned to be a "sitter" for a patient experiencing alcohol withdrawal after an MVA.At one point I nodded off, and when I opened my eyes I very briefly glimpsed an older African-American woman standing at the foot of the patient's bed. She looked so real I can still remember exactly what she was wearing (dark maroon skirt, navy sweater, white patterned button-up blouse).I turned to the patient and saw that his eyes were open. I asked: "When did your mother pass?" He said it had been several years. Then I said: "She was just here and she was watching over you. She wants you to stop doing what you're doing and take care of yourself." I could not believe what had just come out of my mouth!!! Before and since I have never had conversation like that with anyone.

After I said my bit about his mother, the patient nodded, relaxed, and laid his head down to sleep.I have no idea how he did after that night, he may have told the next shift about the crazy aide in his room... But that night made a big impression on me about the possibility of someone "watching over" each of us.

• Like 1

Back in the 1960s, my maternal grandfather's auntie and her daughter lived in a tenement block in Glasgow. One day they heard a knock at the door. One of them opened the door and saw and old woman there who wanted to sell them heather. They told her that they didn't want to buy any. The old woman then said that she was thirsty. She asked if she could have a drink of water. They told her to come in and they would give her some water. She sat down, drank her water and the three started having a conversation. After a while, my grandfather's auntie looked at the old woman and saw something which scared the wits out of her. She suddenly stood up and demanded that the old woman leave their home. Her daughter wondered why she was asking the old woman to leave. She just had no idea. Her mother told her that she had just noticed that the "old woman" had what looked like cloven hooves instead of feet! The old woman told them that she will leave. Terrified, both women ran out of their flat (or apartment as North Americans call it) before the strange old woman did. One stood at the front door of the tenement block and the other stood at the back door to make sure the "old woman" left the premises. However, there was no sign of her. They didn't see her leave the premises and when they went back into their flat the "old woman" was nowhere to be seen! Were they visited by the Devil?!

a14555050fed0c7f5de7a6bb4f432cb06110abac_354_255.jpg

Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, my mother's auntie (the sister of my mother's mother), uncle and cousins lived in a little old terraced house (like one of those shown above) on James Street in Salford, near Manchester. Over the years they experienced a lot of paranormal activity in the house. In 1955, my maternal grandmother gave birth to my Uncle Alan, my mother's brother (my mother was born a few years later). At the time, her husband (my grandfather) was 24 years old and was in the British Army, stationed in West Germany (he was the nephew and cousin of the two ladies in the above story). My grandmother decided to take baby Alan to West Germany to see his father. But before she went she decided to visit the house of her sister, her sister's husband and their children in James Street, Salford. She knew of the paranormal activity but it didn't bother her. One night she woke up to hear my Uncle Alan crying. She knew he wanted his bottle so she got up and went down to the kitchen to make it. Whilst in the kitchen preparing the bottle she had her back to the stairs. Suddenly she heard heavy footsteps walking down them. She thought it was her brother-in-law and she shouted to him to go back to bed because he might start the baby crying again. But there was no answer and the footsteps carried on walking down the stairs. My grandmother grew impatient and told her brother-in-law to go back to bed but there was still no answer and still the footsteps descended the stairs. She then heard the footsteps stop as though they had walked all the way down. She turned round and there was nobody there. She dismissed it as possibly being one of the next door neighbours walking down the stairs and carried on preparing the bottle. She then felt a slight draft hit her from behind, as though somebody had just walked past her. She turned round quickly and there was still nobody to be seen, although she could swear somebody had just walked past her. She then went upstairs and gave the baby his bottle as though nothing happened. My mother's auntie, uncle and cousins lived in that house for several years after that, well into the Sixties, but the final straw came when the children were playing one day and saw a large chair slide seemingly of its own accord across the floor! The family promptly decided to leave.

centre1.jpg

James Street, Salford, today. The old terraced houses which were on the street are no longer there.

And, finally, back in the early Sixties, my grandmother and grandfather - the same two who were in the above tale - were driving along a country lane. They were in their early 30s at the time. If I remember correctly from what my mother told me, they were driving from Glasgow to the town of Kilwinning, 24 miles to the south west in Ayrshire. As they were driving along this country lane they came upon a car accident. They saw a car that had left the road and crashed into a tree. A young man beckoned for them to help and so they both got out of the car. The man told them that his girlfriend was seriously injured in the crash and she needs to go to hospital. So she was helped in the back seat of their car and driven to hospital. The girl was wearing a white top but, as the journey progressed, the top slowly started to turn more and more red. The woman was obviously in a bad state and bleeding heavily. They got her to the hospital and she was rushed, still alive, into the Accident and Emergency Unit. My grandparents then continued on their journey. A day or two later they read in the newspaper the article about the car accident and the article told of a young couple, a Mr and Mrs Smith (my grandparents), taking the young female victim to hospital. The article also stated that the girl had died in the hospital of her injuries. Since then, however, drivers going along that stretch of road have sworn they could see the ghostly figure of a young woman in a bloodied top standing on the road, and some have had to swerve to avoid her. It seems that, for some reason, the tragic young woman is reluctant to leave the spot where she had her accident.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

at age eleven i was put in the hospital for stomach pain test after test and they never found out what was wrong I was in there for three nights.

Night one i woke up because the person in the next bed was gargling ( or so it sounded Like) i buzzed the nurse and by the time the nurse got there the the gargling had stopped. i told her that i thought something was wrong with the person in the other bed and she checked on the person and then ran out of the room calling for assistance. morning of day two someone new was in that bed when i woke up.on the second night i woke up and watched a shadow move across the wall in front of me moving towards the door i buzzed the nurse and asked why the person neext to me was waking me up she went to ask him and he had passed on . morning day three there was someone new in the bed next to me. that night I was awakened by a person in a hooded robe who said "being as or awake kid call the nurse, this one just died too." I screamed, blinked and found myself Fighting two large male aids who were trying to hold me down and and the nurse who was trying to sedate me the next morning I told my parents to get me out of there. Every night i was there someone died in the bed next to me. and it woke me every time. I don't know what actually happened to each of them ( what was wrong and how they died) But i will tell you this I remember those three nights 41 years ago like they were yesterday.

the figure i saw on the third night was just a hooded robed figure leaning over me and a soft male voice. no features, human or otherwise. and whatever or whoever it was I woke the entire floor with my scream of terror.

• Like 1

My aunti who works down plymouth dockyard told my dad a story not to long ago, My aunti is not a believer in anything paranormal so this was a shock to me after my father told me

My aunti was on her usuall evening shift "she is a cleaner by the way" When she noticed a women walking down one of the hallway's My aunti shouted good evening and did not recieve a reply the women carried on and opened the door and walked into one of the room's. My aunti being a respectable women went into the room to find out why she haden't replied and there was nothing in the room... the story gave me the chill's.

Edited by Ronseal

It's been awhile so I'll add another story. Again this is at my friend Gabby's house. :D

We were up in her room watching 'Don't be Afraid of the Dark'. A movie about little tooth fairies that take a child offering every so often and eats their teeth. They look like a cross between little monkeys and rats.

We were sitting on her bed with her Pomeranian, Conner, with the lights off to get the full affect of the suspenseful movie. During a scene where the main character (a little girl) is being trapped and stalked by the tooth fairies, something flies across the bedroom and bangs against the wall. It made both of us and the dog jump, lemme tell ya! :sk

We decided to inspect what had been thrown across the room. It was a little book lamp that you hook on top of a book. Funny thing is, she threw it away the week before when we cleaned her room because it didn't work any more. Trash pick-up is once a week. So we decided to keep the light on while we finished the movie and at one point I saw a shadow run around the foot of the bed and I thought to myself, "must be Conner" because it was making swishing noises, and even brushed against the bed and the sheets wrinkled. :ph34r:

Gabby was like, "Dude..." then it dawned on me that the dog was still on the bed with us and I hadn't heard the click of his toenails on the hard floor. We both looked at each other and said "wtf was that?" It had gone away and we continued to watch the movie. :blink:

I have no idea what sort of little creepy critters are running around her house but.. they sure make for interesting timing and stories.

• Like 1