Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

French Billionaire Bails

and-then

Imo, usual governmental greed and stupidity. Have you watched acidhead's video in the thread (can't remember the exact title but something like) "Democrats want to eliminate profit"? It ties right in imo...

• Like 2

Imo, usual governmental greed and stupidity. Have you watched acidhead's video in the thread (can't remember the exact title but something like) "Democrats want to eliminate profit"? It ties right in imo...

Yes. And I was kind of sad when I listened to the responses. Now I admit that the interviewer "played" with them a bit, but for the most part they gave honest responses to a clear question. It's a response, I believe, to the class warfare we've been subjected to by our president. Tough times are coming.
  • Like 1

In France profits are anatema, it's becoming an international trend thanks in great part with the greediness of all worldwide oligarchs on one side who are blocking access to a better balance of business keeping it as monopolies and a lazy population on the other, people who wants the lavish lifestyle without paying the price of it by working.

• Like 1

Just the beginning?

Well it's not. Many have come before him, and many are in the process of obtaining information to regulate. Arnault just gets the spotlight because of his immense wealth.

Don't worry. Britain and her economy will welcome them all with open arms, because that's where most of them will be going to.

• Like 1

Don't worry. Britain and her economy will welcome them all with open arms, because that's where most of them will be going to.

Britain, and Belgium and Switzerland.

• Like 1

The only thing I get from this (because I have actually read the articles linked) is that Arnauld IS NOT leaving the country at all. He states the same thing himself. He is happy to pay the additional taxes and WILL remain liable for tax in France.... which part of the articles are people not getting??

The only thing I get from this (because I have actually read the articles linked) is that Arnauld IS NOT leaving the country at all. He states the same thing himself. He is happy to pay the additional taxes and WILL remain liable for tax in France.... which part of the articles are people not getting??

The one that contradicts their brain maxturbation, why would you ask?

The one that contradicts their brain maxturbation, why would you ask?

Should have known....thanks for the heads - up (hope the Olive trees are doing well this year - mine (just the 1) is "loaded"...

Should have known....thanks for the heads - up (hope the Olive trees are doing well this year - mine (just the 1) is "loaded"...

Small derailment: No, not to good, did not rain enough in January. But it will be OK as I will have enough oil for my personal use.

Book_Why_Johnny_Can_t_Read.jpg

I'm quite capable of reading both the lines and what is implied between them. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this guy's intentions are different than his words. But hey, as is UM custom - never miss an opportunity to be snide and condescending. Behavior like that just shines the light on your true qualities as people.

I'm quite capable of reading both the lines and what is implied between them. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this guy's intentions are different than his words. But hey, as is UM custom - never miss an opportunity to be snide and condescending. Behavior like that just shines the light on your true qualities as people.

This is it Keithisco. There are only a couple of reasons for a man of his stature to ask for Belgian nationality:

1) because Belgium doesn't have a (real) wealth tax (yet)

1.a) Belgium has lower succesion rights, maybe something he is thinking about considering his age.

2) It could be a middle step to acquire Monegasque citizenship. Belgians who become citizens from Monaco do not have to pay taxes. If you're French you do.

Him saying that it's because of a bussiness deal and he wants to become Belgian to be more assured of his rights does not appear to make sense since he has numerous companies in Belgium for years already.. But you know, it could be true. Maybe for some unknown reason he suddenly needs to be Belgian to do adequate business.

It's even possible Belgium wont even make (a lot, if any) money of it anyway, since he only has to pay tax for incomes strictly obtained in Belgium. And there are rules that helps prevent paying double tax (meaning paying tax in two different countries for the same thing). Going for Belgian nationality could save him 14.5 million euros in rich tax. France now also wants to work on this double tax with Belgium and other countires in an attempt to stop the rich exodus.

On the other hand, if he really wanted a tax break it would probably be smarter to apply for Brittish nationality, but that would negate the Monaco theory.

But..if this guy causes all this commotion in politics. Then there is reason to doubt if he is gonna stay where he is and pay all the taxes Hollande wants.

Liberation their provocative articles are pretty funny too in this matter:

bernard.jpg

(means: F off, rich [male member]

It's a pun to what Sarkozy said to a guy that didn't want to shake his hand at a farmer conference, instead of rich he said poor.

and then Arnault filed a complaint and their response:

original.jpg

(Bernard, if you come back, we'll forgive you)

also a possible pun to what Sarkozy supposedly said to his former wife in a text message

Edited by Render

Sorry. I forgot you have ESP and a crystal ball.

It needs to be stated for those who did not read the links: Arnauld is seeking DUAL citizenship. Not just Belgian. He remains liable for tax in his country of residence (ie France) which he does not intend to change. He is entitled to apply for dual citizenship, as indeed I am in Spain... Simples

this is again an example of right wing propaganda to reinforce the scare tactics the right love so much as in .you can pay workers next to nothing and tax them what you like ,but if you do it to the rich they will leave and there wealth will not trickle down to the poor.

well it doesnt trickle down anyway it stays in there offshore bank accounts and gains interest .

if a wealthy person wants to leave a country because they dont want to pay tax let them .according to capitalism someone else will take there place and with any luck they will pay taxes if not they can sod off as well until someone comes along who doesnt mind paying into the society that made them what they are.

• Like 2

this is again an example of right wing propaganda to reinforce the scare tactics the right love so much as in .you can pay workers next to nothing and tax them what you like ,but if you do it to the rich they will leave and there wealth will not trickle down to the poor.

well it doesnt trickle down anyway it stays in there offshore bank accounts and gains interest .

if a wealthy person wants to leave a country because they dont want to pay tax let them .according to capitalism someone else will take there place and with any luck they will pay taxes if not they can sod off as well until someone comes along who doesnt mind paying into the society that made them what they are.

Nice Avatar

I've made the same point myself but you sure do have a way with words. :)

• 2 months later...

Gerard Depardieu goes into tax exile in Belgium… 800 YARDS from the French border

• Actor is fleeing looming tax of 75% on all earnings over one million euros
  • A third of the population of the Belgian village of Nechin is already French

http://www.dailymail...nch-border.html

Edited by Render