Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientific evidence of "spirits"

Arbitran

his is really getting tenuous. The claim is that science is discovering proof of things that I'd call "paranormal rubbish". I then ask for examples of this proof.

Example wasn't Newton a scientist who studied a lot of rubbish but found some truth by studying some old concepts?

http://www.guardian....entist-sorcerer

Here's an analogy that may work. I have a friend who when she walks she & the people with her can hear a clicking sound coming from her body, and she's been in a lot of pain. The doc she saw examined her, and said there was nothing wrong with her. What he should have said was, I can't find anything wrong. So should my friend ignore this painful medical condition because science, as represented by the doc, can't find a cause? Is the problem with science or a particular scientist and his knowledge or lack of? With all the millions of people in the world, each with their own unique physical, mental, and experiential attributes, is it possible that some of these individuals can have genuine experiences with the "supernatural" that can't currently be explained by science? Anomalies, so to speak that don't fall within the range of what's known to science? On an individual level, am I to discount my personal experiences as fantasy or delusion because there's currently no known explanation? And I use the term supernatural cautiously and reluctantly, as it seems to cover a spectrum so broad as to seem almost useless.

Here's an analogy that may work. I have a friend who when she walks she & the people with her can hear a clicking sound coming from her body, and she's been in a lot of pain. The doc she saw examined her, and said there was nothing wrong with her. What he should have said was, I can't find anything wrong. So should my friend ignore this painful medical condition because science, as represented by the doc, can't find a cause? Is the problem with science or a particular scientist and his knowledge or lack of?

A medical doctor isn't a scientist.

http://www.bmj.com/content/328/7454/0.9

With all the millions of people in the world, each with their own unique physical, mental, and experiential attributes, is it possible that some of these individuals can have genuine experiences with the "supernatural" that can't currently be explained by science?
And what method are you using to tell if it is "supernatural" or not?
Anomalies, so to speak that don't fall within the range of what's known to science?
When an explanation is given, even verified as quite likely, some still prefer superstition.
On an individual level, am I to discount my personal experiences as fantasy or delusion because there's currently no known explanation? And I use the term supernatural cautiously and reluctantly, as it seems to cover a spectrum so broad as to seem almost useless.

I don't think science or the scientific community is overly concerned what you do.
  • Like 2