Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Birth of Osiris?

Scott Creighton

Hello Hans,

SC: You misunderstand what I am suggesting.

No I understand your idea, my questions, which you ignored address the fallacy of the idea

You are suggestion that for generations the AE located their habitations and built tombs for their pharoahs to provide a 'dot map' of Osiris?

Okay what evidence do you have that they would do that? You just have your opinion from what I can see, thats nice

Where is an example of them doing this? Any other cases?

They did have look down maps but those were 1000+ years later and they were not large/small scale, so who would see this outline? Was their survey up to this??

I asked about the oldest representation of Osiris, are these all facing to the right?

What about the many representations of Osiris that don't fit that dot map?

What is the age and provenance of the Osiris image you are using?

The 14 parts, and one version of the myth says 26, are those the locations of where the parts were found?

However Scott I do like this idea better than your one of Dendera images being lifting balloons

Well done

Then Cladking convince someone to do what you want or fund your own research - why do you refuse to try to do this?

Are you afraid that you will fail?

Don't just sit on websites screeching your opinions do something!

However Scott I do like this idea better than your one of Dendera images being lifting balloons

Well done

Hi Hans,

Thank you for this. There are, naturally, many unanswered questions and probably many that can never be fully or properly answered. Consider this idea a 'work in progress'. Much more research to be done on this.

Regards,

SC

Edited by Scott Creighton

• 2 months later...

This material may better be placed in a separate thread but since it is closely related to the ‘Body of Osiris’ material presented in this thread, I thought it best to post here.

We are told in the Myth of Osiris that his body was cut into 14 pieces (some versions say 16) and that these body parts were scattered across the land of Egypt i.e. the Nile Valley. I contend that this myth is an allegorical tale identifying the first 14 (or so) pyramids built by the ancient Egyptians as Recovery Vaults for the Kingdom. Through the agency of Osiris, the kingdom would be revived and rise again in the aftermath of a cataclysmic deluge anticipated by the ancient Egyptians. There are ancient texts that allude to this cataclysmic event and also to the function of the pyramids as ‘recovery vaults’. The Recovery Vault Theory (RVT) can be read in more depth elsewhere in this Forum.

The Pyramid Texts state: “This pyramid is Osiris… this construction is Osiris.” The pyramid was the personified (dismembered) body of Osiris which would later be equated with the King himself.

Now, one of the other intriguing nuggets of information the Myth of Osiris presents us with is that it tells us Isis set about discovering the body parts of Osiris in order that he could be pieced back together (reborn).We are told that Isis found most of the parts except one – the phallus. Remember, this is an allegorical tale. If the pyramids represent the allegorical body parts of Osiris then the part that could not be found may be indicative that it has, unlike the pyramids recovery vaults, been hidden out of site. Could the final ‘body part’ of Osiris actually be a hidden chamber, buried somewhere in Egypt?

In the Corpus Hermeticum, a body of treatises compiled from older materials toward the beginning of the Christian era, we find in one of these works, the Virgin of the World, these words:

“The sacred symbols of the cosmic elements, the secrets of Osiris, were hidden carefully. Hermes (the Greek equivalent to Thoth), before his return to Heaven, invoked a spell on them, and said, O holy books which have been made by my immortal hands, by incorruption's magic spell remain free from decay throughout eternity and incorrupt by time. Become unseeable, unfindable, from everyone whose foot shall tread the plains of this land, until old Heaven shall bring instruments for you, whom the Creator shall call His souls. Thus spake he, and laying the spells on them by means of his works, he shut them safe away in their rooms. And long has been the time since they were hid away.

The Roman Marcellinus, in the 4th century, stated: There are certain subterranean galleries and passages full of windings beneath the pyramids which, it is said, the adepts in the ancient rites (knowing that the flood was coming, and fearing that the memory of the sacred ceremonies would be obliterated), constructed vaults in various places, mining them out of the ground with great labor..”

The Corpus Hermeticum also states that the secret rooms of Osiris will be found by three. This last part got me thinking – three what? Three people? Three stars? Three pyramids? Three something else altogether? I put the question aside until one day, some months later, whilst researching the concavities of the Great Pyramid and puzzling why such features are found in only two of the 138 known pyramids, my young son asked me a question about centroid geometry – a subject I hadn’t looked at for some 30 years. It was a eureka moment. The penny dropped, the lightbulb went on. The ‘three’ in question could be the Great Pyramids and the unique concavities were placed in two of these pyramids (G1 and G3), indicating their particular centroid type.

The ancient world understood three centroid types: barrycentre, circumcentre and incentre. Using these three centroids in conjunction with the concavities of G1 and G3 allows us to reverse engineer a theoretical triangle of specific proportions, oriented in a particular direction.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

With the central line running from G1 centre thru G2 centre then only one triangle can be reconstructed using this method. The apex of this 'triangulation' picks out a very specific spot in the Egyptian desert to the southwest of the Giza pyramids, here:

Slide3.JPG

During my last trip to Egypt in March 2008, I attempted to reach the apex location indicated in the image above. Alas, however, my first attempt was thwarted by ‘Hawass’s Wall’:

Slide11.JPG

The next day I attempted to circumvent 'Hawass's Wall' by heading southwest around the perimeter of the Giza plateau. This is the route I planned to take:

Slide4.JPG

As I journeyed around the perimeter of the Giza plateau (some 6 kilometers or so), it quickly became clear just how seriously the local Egyptian police took the security of Giza with mounted antiquities police (on camels) and in manned security towers:

Slide5.JPG

Continuing down the main road south it gradually became clear to me that it would be impossible for me to reach the triangle’s apex point from the south (i.e. from the other side of 'Hawass's Wall').

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide9.JPG

Continued......

Continued from previous....

As can be seen from the next image, there is absolutely no way in to the location of the GGT Apex point. Arriving at the location from the south (as opposed from the north) we find this:

Slide10.JPG

In short then, attempting to reach the triangle’s pex point from the North (via the Giza necropolis) is terminated by the obstruction of Hawass's Wall (not to mention armed mounted antiquities police and those also in the watch-towers).

Attempting to circumvent the 'wall' by walking around it to arrive at the Apex point from the south, your path is obstructed by another security fence for as far as the eye can see.

The location of the GGT Apex is effectively sealed off by Hawass's Wall and a second security perimeter fence. I see no reason for this double-fence - you certainly do not find them at other sacred sites such as Saqqara or Meidum.

Could it be that this sealed area - i.e. the location of the GGT Apex - is indeed hiding something under its ancient sands, something Dr Hawass does not wish anyone to know of? I had a particular reason for reaching the apex point which I won’t go into here, so to say I was disappointed would be something of an understatement. But there was nothing else I could do at the time and so, reluctantly, I put the quest on the back-burner - for the moment.

Some months later, I wrote to Dr Hawass explaining the centroid theory and asked him to explain his ‘Wall’. He replied that the ‘wall’ was for “the security of the guests of Egypt.” Some months after receiving Dr Hawass’s email, major excavation works began right in the location I had specified to Dr Hawass:

Slide1.JPG

The image (below) shows that in Feb 2009, the area of the apex location was nothing but undisturbed barren land and sand dunes.

Slide2.JPG

Then suddenly, in March 2009, the earth movers and excavators move in and begin digging up the area.

Slide3.JPG

This image (below) shows that in June 2009, the entire area around the Apex location is being dug up.

Slide4.JPG

This image (below) shows bulldozers and dumper trucks digging up the area in June 2009.

Slide5.JPG

Now this digging may well have been for fairly benign and innocent reasons but it is somewhat curious that it takes place in the very area of the apex and that this digging commenced shortly after I had made this centroid theory known to Dr Hawass. I have emailed Dr Hawass again to ascertain why this area is being excavated but, as yet, have received no reply from him.

A little footnote:

In April 2012 I was sent the following images by an independent researcher which seem to show some form of anomaly under the sand in the apex location.

Slide16.jpg

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

(Thanks to Dennis Payne for generating the above image)

Are we looking at the ‘secret room of Osiris’ buried under the sands and’pointed’ to by the three Giza pyramids?

SC

If the pyramids represent the allegorical body parts of Osiris then the part that could not be found may be indicative that it has, unlike the pyramids recovery vaults, been hidden out of site. Could the final ‘body part’ of Osiris actually be a hidden chamber, buried somewhere in Egypt?

The coffin texts also state that the efflux of Osiris will be found in a chamber at Rosteau (Giza)

in four fiery red jugs. These have never been located however I have found references to red

pot shards that were cleaned out of the Osiris Shaft a few years back.

None of orthodox beliefs is consistent with the physical evidence. I suppose the best that can be

hoped for is that they didn't just throw away the "debris" found here.

The coffin texts also state that the efflux of Osiris will be found in a chamber at Rosteau (Giza)

in four fiery red jugs. These have never been located however I have found references to red

pot shards that were cleaned out of the Osiris Shaft a few years back.

None of orthodox beliefs is consistent with the physical evidence. I suppose the best that can be

hoped for is that they didn't just throw away the "debris" found here.

Hi CK,

Many thanks for this. I know you are better versed than most in the Pyramid Texts - are you aware of anything in the PTs that may allude to what you have described from the CTs?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

SC

Hi CK,

Many thanks for this. I know you are better versed than most in the Pyramid Texts - are you aware of anything in the PTs that may allude to what you have described from the CTs?

Appreciate your help.

Not really. There's a weak implication that they study this efflux but nothing that suggests

they saved a sample for the future. I've already looked for it and am pretty confident no

such wording exists.

The efflux mentioned in the coffin texts was said to have fallen to the desert sands from Osiris.

There are copious lines in the PT that suggests they had an excellent understanding of

the nature of the efflux. They even said they located one Eye of Horus by its odor alone.

If I remember where that implication is, I'll post it later.

It's utterance #637 I was thinking of but trying to explain the implication is exceedingly difficult.

Suffice to say that calling the efflux "sweat" instead of "I3.t-wt.t" might be to highlight the fact

that this God is like a human and to draw attention to the unusual way of "uniting" Osiris' body.

Utterance 637.

1799a. To say: Horus comes; filled [with ointment], he sought his father, Osiris;

1799b. he found him on his side in Gḥś.ti.

1800a. Osiris filled himself with the eye of him whom he begat.

1800b. O N., I have come to thee also,

1800c. that I may fill thee with the ointment that came forth from the eye of Horus.

1801a. Fill thyself with it.

1801b. It will assemble thy bones; it will unite thy limbs;

1801c. it will collect thy flesh; it will let thy evil sweat flow to the ground.

1802a. Take its odour to thee, that thy odour may be sweet like that of Rē‘,

1802b. when he ascends in the horizon, and the gods of the horizon delight in him.

1803a. O N., the odour of the eye of Horus is upon thee;

1803b. the gods who follow Osiris delight in thee.

1804a. Thou hast borne off their white crown, while thou art endued with the form of Osiris,

1804b. whereby thou art a spirit, more than the spirits, as Horus himself, lord of men, commanded.

The ointment is in the Upper Eye of Horus where the crown is bourne off and the water is

degassed. The "I" in line 1800b is Thot "The Phenomenon of Human Progress".

Edited by cladking

Osiris can be best described as an extraterrestrial humanoid who brought knowledge to the inhabitants of the ancient world. He taught them many things, especially regarding spirituality.

This is his mark.

ca22745ed4a4dc55c86df1a030487e4b.jpg

It's utterance #637 I was thinking of but trying to explain the implication is exceedingly difficult.

Suffice to say that calling the efflux "sweat" instead of "I3.t-wt.t" might be to highlight the fact

that this God is like a human and to draw attention to the unusual way of "uniting" Osiris' body.

Utterance 637.

1799a. To say: Horus comes; filled [with ointment], he sought his father, Osiris;

1799b. he found him on his side in Gḥś.ti.

1800a. Osiris filled himself with the eye of him whom he begat.

1800b. O N., I have come to thee also,

1800c. that I may fill thee with the ointment that came forth from the eye of Horus.

1801a. Fill thyself with it.

1801b. It will assemble thy bones; it will unite thy limbs;

1801c. it will collect thy flesh; it will let thy evil sweat flow to the ground.

1802a. Take its odour to thee, that thy odour may be sweet like that of Rē‘,

1802b. when he ascends in the horizon, and the gods of the horizon delight in him.

1803a. O N., the odour of the eye of Horus is upon thee;

1803b. the gods who follow Osiris delight in thee.

1804a. Thou hast borne off their white crown, while thou art endued with the form of Osiris,

1804b. whereby thou art a spirit, more than the spirits, as Horus himself, lord of men, commanded.

The ointment is in the Upper Eye of Horus where the crown is bourne off and the water is

degassed. The "I" in line 1800b is Thot "The Phenomenon of Human Progress".

Hi CK,

Many thanks for this. Much appreciated.

SC