Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

Cut it out Harte. Swede is a scientist . His "deft use of the language" is to be expected and appreciated , not ridiculed. His linguistic propensities were displayed from birth, upon which when the Dr. announced, " It's a boy! " Swede interjected.... ahem!, infantile male H. sapiens sapiens.

:)

And then cut his own umbilical cord, took a shower and shaved. :w00t:

cormac

• Like 5

Re: Bolded #1 - But that is the point. Numerous representatives of pre-H.s.s. lineages have been recovered and analyzed. Extensively.

Re: Bolded #2 - You have "read a lot about the general commentaries on so called hominid fossils"? In what references? Have you actually studied the technical reports? Do you have any formal training/experience in faunal analysis that would allow you to provide credible interpretation of an osteological recovery? Are you truly aware of all the subtleties of such aspects as bio-mechanics that are involved in such evaluations as locomotive capability/manner?

Extinct chimp fossils are erraneously heralded as hominid fossils.

Extinct chimp fossils are erraneously heralded as hominid fossils.

Utter nonsense is erroneously heralded as facts.

• Like 1

Exactly my point

The difference is that you are claiming, from a position of ignorance, that the opinions of all the trained experts in the world are false because you and a bunch of ideologically motivated lunatics on the internet say so.

Edited by Clobhair-cean
  • Like 3

"Erroneously" is erroneously spelled as "erraneously."

Harte

• Like 2

Yes. I not only believe such is possible, but that's how it was. All the stories and legends and such concerning dragons? That's what they were: dinosaurs.

Yes. I not only believe such is possible, but that's how it was. All the stories and legends and such concerning dragons? That's what they were: dinosaurs.

Can you propose any way in which dinosaurs could have survived K-T and lived up to relatively modern days without leaving any physical trace behind and only to appear in works of fiction?

• Like 3

Does that mean that if I believe hard enough, God will send me a magic unicorn that S hits gold turds that I can melt down and sell as bullion? I sure hope so, because I could use the money right now.

Believing something doesn't make it true. Something ACTUALLY happening is the basis for truth. When things ACTUALLY happen they leave behind this little thing called evidence. There is no evidence that non-avian dinosauria survived the K-T event, making it EXTREMELY unlikely to have occurred.

• Like 2

Does that mean that if I believe hard enough, God will send me a magic unicorn that S hits gold turds that I can melt down and sell as bullion? I sure hope so, because I could use the money right now.

Believing something doesn't make it true. Something ACTUALLY happening is the basis for truth. When things ACTUALLY happen they leave behind this little thing called evidence. There is no evidence that non-avian dinosauria survived the K-T event, making it EXTREMELY unlikely to have occurred.

While your main point here is correct, there IS evidence that some lines of dinosaurs lived up to 300,000 years after the K-T event. Still a long way from then til now. :tu:

cormac

• Like 3

While your main point here is correct, there IS evidence that some lines of dinosaurs lived up to 300,000 years after the K-T event. Still a long way from then til now. :tu:

cormac

You are correct. I should have been more clear. I meant survived into modern times. Thanks for the clarification.

cormac

Like ducks. I heard they are still around :)

But yeah, the survival of non-avian dinosaurs for a geologically short period of time is perfectly fine. It's not like they all dropped dead exactly 64 million years ago.

• Like 4

Clarification aside, if you get a hold of that gold-excreting unicorn, you are required to contribute 50% of all profits accrued to the Moderators Retirement Fund of UM. :D

• Like 3

Clarification aside, if you get a hold of that gold-excreting unicorn, you are required to contribute 50% of all profits accrued to the Moderators Retirement Fund of UM. :D

I could agree to those terms. I'd need to be made an honorary Moderator myself though. There's a plaque that comes with that, right?

I could agree to those terms. I'd need to be made an honorary Moderator myself though. There's a plaque that comes with that, right?

There's a plaque? I didn't get no stinkin' plaque! I'd rather have the golden turds anyway. I didn't win the recent Power Ball lottery so I want to recoup the ten dollars I wasted on tickets. Golden turds would really do that for me.

• Like 1

There's a plaque? I didn't get no stinkin' plaque! I'd rather have the golden turds anyway. I didn't win the recent Power Ball lottery so I want to recoup the ten dollars I wasted on tickets. Golden turds would really do that for me.

I don't think it would take too many solid gold poops to recoup 10 bucks. Gold's pretty high now. Wonder what the hell unicorns eat anyway. Wonder if Harsh_Patel knows?

I don't think it would take too many solid gold poops to recoup 10 bucks. Gold's pretty high now. Wonder what the hell unicorns eat anyway. Wonder if Harsh_Patel knows?

Must be ORME if they defecate gold.

Harte

crocodile-info1.gifDinosaurs still exist, so yes Humans and Dinosaurs co-exist.

That isn't a dinosaur... it's a crocodile. They're only distantly related.

On a different note, birds are members/descendants of the Dinosauria clade: ergo, yes, dinosaurs and humans have indeed coexisted (since birds existed when, and long before, humans came along)

• Like 3

That isn't a dinosaur... it's a crocodile. They're only distantly related.

Not everyone has to obide by your opinion.

In my opinion, crocodiles are dinosaurs, the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" modern day crocodiles have the exact same type of shape as ancient crocodiles, only smaller. When their prey got smaller so did the terrible lizards (crocodile). Their hunting also remains unchanged, they hide in water and then ambush unsuspecting prey that need to consume water for sustenance.

Aegisuchus is an extinctgenus of giant, flat-headed crocodyliform within the family Aegyptosuchidae. That is a dinosaur and modern day crocodiles still resemble them

aesthetically. They are related as you say. Crocodiles are a continuum of more ancient dinosaurs, the terrible lizards et cetera.

Aegisuchus.png

Not everyone has to obide by your opinion.

In my opinion, crocodiles are dinosaurs, the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" modern day crocodiles have the exact same type of shape as ancient crocodiles, only smaller. When their prey got smaller so did the terrible lizards (crocodile). Their hunting also remains unchanged, they hide in water and then ambush unsuspecting prey that need to consume water for sustenance.

~SNIP~

His isn't an opinion, it's a scientific fact that crocodilians are not dinosaurs. Crocodilians and dinosaurs belong to two completely different lines.

cormac

• Like 2

His isn't an opinion, it's a scientific fact that crocodilians are not dinosaurs. Crocodilians and dinosaurs belong to two completely different lines.

cormac

They certainly don't look at all that different. All facts are a matter of interpretation. Two different lines you say? In my opinion, they are the same line only less robust. But nevertheless, still extremely impressive dinosaur specimens. They are less robust and smaller probably because their larger prey went extinct.

Since the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" than what else are crocodiles only terrible lizards, they are hardly pretty lizards.

They certainly don't look at all that different. All facts are a matter of interpretation. Two different lines you say? In my opinion, they are the same line only less robust. But nevertheless, still extremely impressive dinosaur specimens. They are less robust and smaller probably because their larger prey went extinct.

Since the etymology of the word dinosaur is "terrible lizard" than what else are crocodiles only terrible lizards, they are hardly pretty lizards.

Your opinion isn't the one that matters here. Like I said they belong to two completely different lines. Crocodilians to Crocodylomorpha and dinosaurs to Dinosauromorpha.

cormac