Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

http://www.genesispa...cient/dinosaur/

A whole lot of suspected dinosaur depictions in history,some of them though have been refuted as forgeries but still an interesting article with a lot of pictures.

Of couse...archeology and the discovery of fossils by ancient cultures never, ever, happened...

Of couse...archeology and the discovery of fossils by ancient cultures never, ever, happened...

Probably they did but it is interesting to see in some accounts how similar these depictions are when compared to modern depictions,some including the soft tissue.

Sitchin chose between mainstream interpretation of cuniform to formulate his hypothesis which i don't think amounts to a bad technique or fraud.

Sometimes people with no formal training are more objective and less clouded by prejudice,i.e. they can freely call a spade a spade.

Sitchin made up a story to suit himself and you've bought into his fabrication. That doesn't bode well for your credibility.

cormac

Sitchin made up a story to suit himself and you've bought into his fabrication. That doesn't bode well for your credibility.

cormac

I like a few ideas he puts up through his stories and i find them thought provoking,i do not ascribe to everything he has to say.I have read quite a many stories from quite a many sources and out of each one i have read i have found certain parts to be thought provoking and worth pondering over and some have even convinced me to beleive a few things that i previously didn't.I dont think these things negatively impact my credibility but on the contrary help me to think more inclusively and have a hollistic approach.

Mr. Cormac. If you really did your research, then you would know that the ancient city Nippur is just that, an ancient city. Sitchin, who is a brilliant man, and whom you called an idiot, jealous cuz you cant read sumerian text?

On that topic, neither could Sitchin.

Now, as i already read about Nippur doing my research on the planet Nibiru, Im wondering where you got your information from.

On the other hand, we don't have to wonder where you got your infiormation - from a failed economist turned fringe con-man that eked out a living making up stories that appear nowhere in any Mesopotamian text.

In Sumer, there was no "planet Nibiru."

Harte

Probably they did but it is interesting to see in some accounts how similar these depictions are when compared to modern depictions,some including the soft tissue.

And that is because...hmmm....because ancient civilizations were unable to do anything other than build pyramids?? Because ancient artists were incapable of the same thought processes of today's artists?? Right. If there is an ancient picture of a dinosaur...wham...it's because dinosaurs lived with them.....What will Humans think about us 10,000 years from now? They will find no doubt a museum with a T Rex intact and make startling facts that dinosaurs existed up until 10,000 years ago...

And that is because...hmmm....because ancient civilizations were unable to do anything other than build pyramids?? Because ancient artists were incapable of the same thought processes of today's artists?? Right. If there is an ancient picture of a dinosaur...wham...it's because dinosaurs lived with them.....What will Humans think about us 10,000 years from now? They will find no doubt a museum with a T Rex intact and make startling facts that dinosaurs existed up until 10,000 years ago...

It can also be the other way round don't you think,they might end up claiming that lions were extinct millions of of years before 2012 since no Human and Lion skeleton were found together in archeological research.Future humans might give the same arguments as you about Lions not having co-existed with men post 2000.
  • Like 1

It can also be the other way round don't you think,they might end up claiming that lions were extinct millions of of years before 2012 since no Human and Lion skeleton were found together in archeological research.Future humans might give the same arguments as you about Lions not having co-existed with men post 2000.

It really has nothing to do with whether they are found together or not. The question is are they found at the same level or not. If the answer is no, then they didn't exist at the same time. Since future archeologists will find man and lion fossils at the same level they will know they existed at the same time.

Meditation or transdental meditation is not necessarily associated with 'thoughlessness' since you have to focus on something even when you meditate.

Have you ever given Buddhist or Zen meditation a go? There are a number of meditation techniques which have the goal of thoughtlessness. Anyway, we digress... let's get back to dinosaurs, shall we?

True, but then NASA can't, using techniques for detecting life on other planets, prove that there's life on Earth. However they can be relatively sure there's life on Earth based on their techniques, in the same way archaelolgists can relativly sure man and lion existed at the same times based on their relative locations on sedmentary layers and via carbon dating tchniques.

True, but then NASA can't, using techniques for detecting life on other planets, prove that there's life on Earth. However they can be relatively sure there's life on Earth based on their techniques, in the same way archaelolgists can relativly sure man and lion existed at the same times based on their relative locations on sedmentary layers and via carbon dating tchniques.

What if there is a global flood in the future and all the sedimentary layers are reaaranged and disturbed?I am just saying that no matter how great the credentials of a person 'assuming' something are,'assumptions' should only be stated as 'assumptions' and not 'fact'.

Also-Carbon Dating is only claimed to be accurate till a period of 80,000 years and what you probably mean in K-Ar dating.You should read up on the assumptions made in decideing the Geological column.

What if there is a global flood in the future and all the sedimentary layers are reaaranged and disturbed?I am just saying that no matter how great the credentials of a person 'assuming' something are,'assumptions' should only be stated as 'assumptions' and not 'fact'.

Firstly, it'd need to be a MASSIVE global flood to upset sedimentary layers which are rock. Now, geological upset can interfere with sedimentary layering (for example, there are deserts in Australia where you can watch the sedimentary layers twist and turn upon themselves and even flip over so teh "oldest" is nearest to the surface.

Firstly, it'd need to be a MASSIVE global flood to upset sedimentary layers which are rock. Now, geological upset can interfere with sedimentary layering (for example, there are deserts in Australia where you can watch the sedimentary layers twist and turn upon themselves and even flip over so teh "oldest" is nearest to the surface.

My friend this was only one possibility i highlighted there are various other theories that can be given like the one's given to explain finding human skeletons in unexpected eras during archeological digs.Also the geological colunm is not complete in almost 99% of the Earth so how do you account for the missing sediment deposits.And you are very right in pointing out the Australian example.Since we are at it we can also consider a pole shift event.

My friend this was only one possibility i highlighted there are various other theories that can be given like the one's given to explain finding human skeletons in unexpected eras during archeological digs.Also the geological colunm is not complete in almost 99% of the Earth so how do you account for the missing sediment deposits.And you are very right in pointing out the Australian example.Since we are at it we can also consider a pole shift event.

Um... do you even know what a pole shift is?

• Like 1

I was just going to say that. Lol.

• Like 1

OK more on point. A pole shift occurred around 788000 years ago. With no associated climactic events. No die offs and no change in geology. Granted a compass wouldn't work as true as now but all in all nothing major would happen.

A pole shift takes roughly 7000 years if memory serves me correctly. The only true effect and this is minor no matter how it sounds is the magnetic shield our planet has from solar radiation would weaken slightly until the change was complete. Again it appears to be very minor as level of. Radiation at ground level are quite low. Humans and all flora and fauna would survive without much of an impact and seeing as it would span 7000 years the increase would be almost unnoticed by each generation.

Also I suppose some birds would be confused for about five minutes until they realize they need to follow the other direction away from home... the cold would be a big tip to birds to go the other way... hope this helps its all from memory so feel free to nit pick without any worry of me being offended.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch
  • Like 1

I can't see how a Pole Shift would affect the sedimentary layers, sorry.

• Like 1

OK to add. Lets say it happened poof tomorrow. The magnetic solar radiation shield that the poles priduce eould not weaken noticeably at all and your compass would point backwards that's it buddy. Hope I percieved and addressed that questionessentually laying it to rest before it needed to be asked.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch
  • Like 1

OK to add. Lets say it happened poof tomorrow. The magnetic solar radiation shield that the poles priduce eould not weaken noticeably at all and your compass would point backwards that's it buddy. Hope I percieved and addressed that questionessentually laying it to rest before it needed to be asked.

Was asking about it in context to it's overall effects on sedimentary layers and the upheavels it would produce.

I honestly don't thikn a pole shift would affect already laid down sediment. I think the only thing that can do that is geolgical movement.

• Like 1

OK more on point. A pole shift occurred around 788000 years ago. With no associated climactic events. No die offs and no change in geology. Granted a compass wouldn't work as true as now but all in all nothing major would happen.

A pole shift takes roughly 7000 years if memory serves me correctly. The only true effect and this is minor no matter how it sounds is the magnetic shield our planet has from solar radiation would weaken slightly until the change was complete. Again it appears to be very minor as level of. Radiation at ground level are quite low. Humans and all flora and fauna would survive without much of an impact and seeing as it would span 7000 years the increase would be almost unnoticed by each generation.

Also I suppose some birds would be confused for about five minutes until they realize they need to follow the other direction away from home... the cold would be a big tip to birds to go the other way... hope this helps its all from memory so feel free to nit pick without any worry of me being offended.

As you may see above there would be no die offs or geological changes. I hope that helps. Sedimentary layers appear to not be changed even in the slightest. Or we would have evidence of the anomaly in the layers right around the time of homo ceprinensis. Which has not been mentioned yet in any of my research.

• Like 1

Was asking about it in context to it's overall effects on sedimentary layers and the upheavels it would produce.

Except that... it wouldn't cause any upheavals or affect sedimentary layers in any way.

I honestly don't thikn a pole shift would affect already laid down sediment. I think the only thing that can do that is geolgical movement.

Where you are quite correct. The only thing that could alter strata is a geological movement, but that still does not mix the different layers it just deforms them uniformly. The only thing that could alter the layers is something that digs into all of them and then lets the removed soil fall in a random fashion. But as far as I remember there is no natural phenomena akin to an excavator capable of digging several feet deep.

A Geographical Pole Shift; also known as a Geophysical Pole Shift. This is the process wherein the North Pole changes positions somewhere between 0 degrees to 180 degrees with the South Pole. In a total positional change, the globe literally flips over, such that the two poles change positions. There is much evidence this has occured numerous times in the past. This would be a Slate Wiper! Continents would sweep over continents. Some continents would fall to the sea floor. Mountains would be hurled into the oceans; and, in some cases, be hurled into other mountains. The geography would change quickly. Ocean basins would sweep over continents wiping out all living things. There would be felt an instant tingling and then burning of the skin as humans would undergo flash freezing. At the same time cold areas would become tropic areas and vice versa.

Winds would reach 300 or more miles per hour, knocking down anything in their way. Giant tsunamis 3 and 4 miles high would sweep across most of the world, bringing enormous energy and pressure against whatever they strike. This would erase small countries and islands forever, leaving no trace of what was there for later history. But still, life has always survived to generate great civilizations.

Not to be confused with a magnetic pole shift.But we do not know much about effects of magnetic pole shifts either to conclusively say that they would not effect the sedimentary layers or their relative positions.