Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supersquatch

Cortez UFO Identified as Juno Missile

11 posts in this topic

The light in the sky south of the Cortez Airport was from a missile contrail from the U.S. Army’s White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.

A spokesman for the U.S. Army’s White Sands Missile Range tells The Associated Press the contrail was from a Juno ballistic missile that was fired at 6:30 a.m. MDT Thursday from Fort Wingate near Gallup, N.M. The Juno missile was then targeted by an advanced version ofthe Patriot missile fired from White Sands.

The odd appearance in the sky had the Cortez area buzzing with intrigue.

http://www.cortezjournal.com/article/20120913/NEWS01/709139940/UDPATE:-Mystery-solved-%E2%80%94-it-was-a-missile

Sounds legit...

My moneys on a wormhole.

This was never a mystery.

I`ll settle for UFO`s . Missile testing is the best excuse yet for denying them . Let`s face it , the weather-balloon excuse was wearing thin .

This was never a mystery.

Nope. Why this non-event is even being discussed in the first place is puzzling.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Nope. Why this non-event is even being discussed in the first place is puzzling.

Cheers,

Badeskov

UFOlogy is desperate for something, anything, to hang it's hopes and dreams on. Just my guess anyway.

2 people like this

UFOlogy is desperate for something, anything, to hang it's hopes and dreams on. JUust my guess anyway.

Sadly, I concur. Something with a smoke trail at White Sands. Yeah, really mysterious.

The desperation is literally so intense that it is condensing and dripping down from the walls.

Cheers,

Badeskov

1 person likes this

The desperation is literally so intense that it is condensing and dripping down from the walls.

This is 100% true. I can't count how many back and forths I have had with people on Youtube and other forums on the matter of UFOlogy. If they look up at the sky and can't identify something (regardless of the fact that there are people out there who CAN identify it), that automatically makes it aliens, and I've been called every name under the sun for saying otherwise.

2 people like this

Actually witnessed this predawn event. It was visually consistent with some other predawn launches from White Sands that I have witnessed in the past with the exception that the object was quite visible as a glowing (burning?) pinpoint advancing the contrail. There was a moment where the contrail stopped and a very broad rainbowed contrail fanned out and the object was no longer visible and the contrail ceased. Remnants of the contrail did last a few minutes although the drama was over. Sorry no phone pics as I was driving and "interesting" aspect of the event occurred over seconds.

Sounds legit...

My moneys on a wormhole.

Rocket

if it a missile being tested and its clearly a missile then it was never a mystery to begin with but in the other if it wasn't a missile then wham you got yourself a mystery in your hands.but it could be a ufo though but we have to look at all options too though.i beleive in UFOs though!!!