Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mimicking Entity

dwn2earth_girl

Has anyone had any experiences with a mimic type of entity? A friend and I have had a few strange experiences with something and we are not quite sure what it is. Here is a summary of the main event:

It was the summer of 2011 and I was living in a house with some friends. 3 of those friends had moved out and it was just me and one other person living there. She worked at a 24 hr gas station and was at work when this all happened.

I was sleeping in my room (the only safe feeling room in the house, my housemate slept on a mattress on my floor) and nothing felt out of the ordinary as I rolled over onto my right side. Nearly every time I roll over in my sleep I wake myself up (not sure why) and I sleepily glanced over at my bedroom door. There was this, thing, squatting in the corner next to the door.

It looked like 'me' but the eyes were all wrong. They were big in proportion to 'my' face, sort of like an owl or some frogs have big eyes. The mouth was also not in proportion to the face. It was big and grinning like a Cheshire cat. It didn't move or anything so I just decided to close my eyes and go back to sleep.

The next day I was texting my best friend and telling her about it (she and I are really into the paranormal) and she told me she had had a dream that night about a 'me' sitting on the corner of my bed. She said in her dream that the perspective was of her looking in through my bedroom door from the living room outside. It freaked her out so bad that it woke her up that night.

She was a little concerned that something had followed me from her house because she had been having experiences of hearing her grandma (she lived with her grandparents) calling her name when she wasn't around or her grandma thinking my friend was downstairs when she was upstairs in her room.

This thing also visited my boyfriend at the time. He said he woke up and saw 'me' 'floating' above his bed.

If anyone has any idea what this might be please tell me. I hadn't seen it in over a year and a couple weeks ago it decided to re-appear in my dreams. (I'm not sure if maybe my subconscious pulled it from memory or not but it did so for over a week).

Thanks!

Has anyone had any experiences with a mimic type of entity? A friend and I have had a few strange experiences with something and we are not quite sure what it is. Here is a summary of the main event:

It was the summer of 2011 and I was living in a house with some friends. 3 of those friends had moved out and it was just me and one other person living there. She worked at a 24 hr gas station and was at work when this all happened.

I was sleeping in my room (the only safe feeling room in the house, my housemate slept on a mattress on my floor) and nothing felt out of the ordinary as I rolled over onto my right side. Nearly every time I roll over in my sleep I wake myself up (not sure why) and I sleepily glanced over at my bedroom door. There was this, thing, squatting in the corner next to the door.

It looked like 'me' but the eyes were all wrong. They were big in proportion to 'my' face, sort of like an owl or some frogs have big eyes. The mouth was also not in proportion to the face. It was big and grinning like a Cheshire cat. It didn't move or anything so I just decided to close my eyes and go back to sleep.

The next day I was texting my best friend and telling her about it (she and I are really into the paranormal) and she told me she had had a dream that night about a 'me' sitting on the corner of my bed. She said in her dream that the perspective was of her looking in through my bedroom door from the living room outside. It freaked her out so bad that it woke her up that night.

She was a little concerned that something had followed me from her house because she had been having experiences of hearing her grandma (she lived with her grandparents) calling her name when she wasn't around or her grandma thinking my friend was downstairs when she was upstairs in her room.

This thing also visited my boyfriend at the time. He said he woke up and saw 'me' 'floating' above his bed.

If anyone has any idea what this might be please tell me. I hadn't seen it in over a year and a couple weeks ago it decided to re-appear in my dreams. (I'm not sure if maybe my subconscious pulled it from memory or not but it did so for over a week).

Thanks!

There are some things going on hear, but they are not what they seem.

I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing is following you.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to read up on dopplegangers

I have researched them... actually I did before I posted this. The fact that it wasn't exactly like me and seems to have its own consciousness made me think otherwise. Thank you though.

There are some things going on hear, but they are not what they seem.

I wouldn't worry about it. Nothing is following you.

Well, in your opinion, what are some of the 'things' that are happening. I'm open to any thoughts you may have.

Must be a hyrax, they can imitate all kinds of things.

Must be a hyrax, they can imitate all kinds of things.

Hadn't heard of those. Will deff be looking them up now. Thanks! :tsu:

• 7 years later...

I have just recently had this experience. I went into my first false awakening and in the corner of my room I saw myself I guess but her head was down. She wouldn’t show me her face. As I was woken up because I was shaking in my sleep she walked away into my kitchen.... my gf has experienced seeing her grandmother as a mimick but she made contact with it and saw it grin way too wide and she wouldn’t let go of her arm. Then later through the week she saw someone sitting on the bed. Idk what it is but I’m sure it’s evil and wants to attract your attention by taking on something familiar to you. Don’t try to interact with it ever !

Edited by Bonni3