Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Bling

Haunted places in Lincolnshire, UK

9 posts in this topic

For my 40th birthday in a few weeks I'm getting a night vision camcorder - yay! I want it to visit alleged haunted places at night and hopefully record a sighting (I can hope). Can anyone recommend places to visit in Lincolnshire in the UK where I can do my investigations? Have you heard of any ghost sightings I could follow up? I'd appreciate any knowledge you have of this.

Thanks LK I've come across this site too :)

I really love to know of less 'touristy' places, maybe ones where people have had there own one off paranormal experience.

Hmm... I think those might wind up being private houses. But I could be wrong. Good luck with your search!

Well, try your local library. They might have a book or two about local haunts. Perhaps ask around with friends and see if they have any tales.

Look for local historic and architecture tours. Yes, those are usually daytime tours, but you can really glean a lot about what tales float around. Find out what is on or off the list for night time or is too touristy for you, and then plan your own night prowl.

Maybe a ghostwalk? Found this site- http://www.lincolnhistorywalks.co.uk/ Might be too touristy for you, but you could learn more about where to go during the evening.

If you want to try cemeteries, you can always try to contact local ones and see what their rules are. It could be that some of them are willing to allow you in in the night time.

I might also suggest... Use your night time in your own house and yard. You could test out photography like smoke, light sources, breath, weather conditions, ect to sort of set up a database. Try to mess with your camera. That way you will have sort of a guide for yourself if you think you might have something, and if someone says, no, it's just breath or whatever, you can show pics of what that looks like with your camera.

Rashore is so much smarter than me!

Rashore is so much smarter than me!

Pttht, am not.

Are too, are too, are toooooo! :P