Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will the world end within 100 days ?

Saru

If life ends as we know it I think we can blame overpopulation. Religious nuts wanting it to end and wars, lack of food and clean water.

I don't think this planet can support many more people. The people having 6 kids needs to stop, they are a big threat to our way of life. Yet some in politics think no abortion for no reason or that you shouldn't take birth control pills, morning after pills. Some in the world with multiple wives have 30 or more kids. That's just stupid. If your going to keep having kids like modern medicine don't exist maybe it shouldn't exist for you.

• Like 1

Oh, how I wish it was not true, but the sad truth is something bad will happen around this time, that will kill off at least 90% of the worlds Human population! Oh, if there is a Good God, we need you now, please help us and save our souls!

Signed,

The Human Race

People have been predicting the end for a very long time and nothing has become of it. Take for example, The Great Disappointment back in the mid 1800's.

A christian sect called the Millerites led by William Miller predicted the end October 22, 1844. Some followers even Purchased white ascension robes for the event.

What I find interesting is the robes were Purchased and not given to the followers by Miller.

Did the Mayans make an advent calendar for the last 100 days?

Nope.

But they did recently admit they screwed up....

Mayan20humor.jpg

• Like 2

nothing is going to happen. the world will go on as it always has and always will until the humans finally destroy it or drain every last resource this world has to offer. then the rich move on to a new planet if there is a planet capable of sustaining human life and we have discovered it by then.

• Like 1

I actually kind of want it to happen and survive just to see who the other survivors would blame for being wrong but even then it isn't gonna happen. If I do hear REM it's the end of the world more then 10 times in the next few months and I happen to get near the red button.... I may just make it happen to stop hearing that song though :)

• Like 1

Nope, not a chance. I'll be buying Xmas cards as usual. The future can't be "predicted" by the Mayans or anyone else.

Or there would be an awful lot of "psychics" retiring early on their lotto winnings.

Oh, how I wish it was not true, but the sad truth is something bad will happen around this time, that will kill off at least 90% of the worlds Human population! Oh, if there is a Good God, we need you now, please help us and save our souls!

Signed,

The Human Race

Sorry..my eyes are bad...could you type that again cause i couldnt quite read it.. :whistle:

• Like 6

I do not think the "world is going to end", but I do think that some sort of planetary or cosmic event will happen, and yes that some sort of "new age" will begin.

If a planetary or cosmic event happens, the odds are it will gravely effect our infrastructure. Time will tell.

BR I think WE are the event. We as a species can't get along and eventually some fool is going to make things go bang in a very big way. To the tune of about 2/3 of the world's population. There may also be a meteorite or something but primarily I think it'll be war, disease and starvation - just like it's been down the centuries.
  • Like 2

Yeah its just a pattern of self destruction that has plagued us since the dawn of man. I think us Humans as a race are currently at a cross roads where it is either going to change for the worse or for the better. People are more connected than ever and a call for change has never been more prevalent. Its happening everywhere.

Every generation thinks they're the 'special' ones. Either we're doomed, going to get better, etc. The natural way of things is just going to continue, strife between people, religions converting people and fighting their own wars against the others and the secular and atheistic world. There just seems to be a pattern of expansion of these things. There is no 'better' or 'worse' in this, it's human nature and the world we've built ourselves.

• Like 1

The people having 6 kids needs to stop, they are a big threat to our way of life. Yet some in politics think no abortion for no reason or that you shouldn't take birth control pills, morning after pills. Some in the world with multiple wives have 30 or more kids. That's just stupid. If your going to keep having kids like modern medicine don't exist maybe it shouldn't exist for you.

Hi Krone, I just wanted to say that there is more to it than people having 6 kids 'like modern medicine doesn't exist' - unless of course you are referring to those stereotypical 'white trash' western families. In countries where families still have a dozen kids, it almost always happens because the man forbids his wife to use birth control and because she is forbidden to say no to having sex, by religious or political laws. Ergo we have Eco-feminism, which posits that the establishment of equal rights for women in all countries would greatly help the environment. And of course that's true, it's bleeding common sense if you ask me.

I'm always amazed at those big ole' white trash families too, but they're a drop in the ocean compared to what's happening in India. But maybe you already know all this and if that's the case, apologies for patronizing you :-) I'd just hate to see start people calling for denying pregnant women their rights to medical treatment, just because they're married to a backwards patriarch whose backwards attitudes are backed up by his country's a-hole leaders. If anything its the men in those societies that should be getting the snip!

Edited by krone

People are living a lot longer.

A couple of hundred years ago if you made it to 50 you were very old.

People are living a lot longer.

A couple of hundred years ago if you made it to 50 you were very old.

The time period is the same, but time passes more slowly for us because the universe has been expanding. 50 years to us would equate to hundreds of years for them.

I wonder how people are gonna act on the according month of doomsday...I hope everyone won't be to out of it to celebrate my birthday :D lol

An ''end of the world'' don't scares me...what scares me the most is that our civilisation would continue in this idiotic path our race is taking right now, where only a fraction of people are benifiting of this Ploutocraty.....

• Like 3

Didn't a guy named JC say something similar more or less 2000 years ago? He was wrong and then Paul changed things and the prediction was removed. Oh well

I'm still convinced that our problems are just too many people. We get in each others way, we get into each others private business. We need a good "thinning" of the herd so to speak. I know that sounds pretty harsh, but I have pondered on this many times and always come to the same conclusion...there are too many of us.

I said in my first post that I think the world is capable of ridding itself of us and I believe that is true. We will dig one foot too deep, cut down just one too many trees....or something...and the planet will recoil and lash out....maybe a virus held dormant in an ancient tree somewhere...cut it down and release it...sad part is, when there is a "thinning" of the herds, it usually takes a lot more in number than is needed...

We almost checked out about 70,000 years ago when Toba blew...they say the genetic bottleneck shows that we dropped to less than 10,000 people on the whole planet....if that were to happen today...the loss of life is unimaginable....

• Like 1

These doomsday prophecies are simply attempts to find meaning in time and event. This of course leads to the obvious desire to start anew because life appears to be out of control.

if the world does end in less than 100 days then im a beaver -_____-

More like a dead Beaver...

Didn't a guy named JC say something similar more or less 2000 years ago? He was wrong and then Paul changed things and the prediction was removed. Oh well

JC? Hope your not pointing a finger at Junior Chubb... ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

The time period is the same, but time passes more slowly for us because the universe has been expanding. 50 years to us would equate to hundreds of years for them.

Um, where did you hear that? Space between galaxies is expanding. Time is not changing for us. Fifty years 200 years ago is same as fifty years now.