Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

backbend-crawlers

commedia

Has anyone else seen 'creatures' that are in sort of a backbend that crawl around?

I have seen them in different sizes and colors. Most are oblivious to the fact that I, or anyone else, are even there. They just crawl around and kind of take in their surroundings if even that. The paler ones seem to take notice and when there are more of them around there are less darker or human looking ones. I've seen some the size of a small cat to about 7ft tall in a sharp backbend. The tallest one (7ft backbend) I've even named though he isn't present much of the time. It's rare to see it/him/her (feels like a him). What he did was follow me around at a good distance. Never made a sound. Could see his rib cage expand and draw back in, he was very thin and a albino/gray/blue looking color.

Many of the smaller ones kind of glow white or are the same dull grey/blue/pale color as the big one. Dark ones are either so dark it's like a void or they're just shadows. They just seem to be there. Don't usually get to close. The light ones appear curious. I assume when something is crawling over me or on the bed it's them.

There is usually quite an arch which is why I say backbend. The ones that can be seen in more detail are obviously upside-down as they crawl for the most part. Their heads and feet are kind of flipped, backwards, and/or contorted. Normally when I see something that's not typical there's shock and surprise. With them there isn't a reaction except "Oh, look at that. A crawly thing. Okay."

When they look more human there are clothes and they are more in a crabwalk position than backbend. heads are usually up still and they look around. They also don't seem to notice anyone else or even eachother. Their skin color is off, kind of taupe/green/blue/red color like it's been tie-died.

At some point I may have seen the tall one fully erect (standing on it's feet) or very slightly hunched over walking outside in broad daylight as I was out walking. Kept a good distance from me. Never got closer than maybe 15ft. The color was darker than inside or in shadows. Fairly certain it was the same one. He stayed ahead of me and would creep from tree to tree or behind posts and signs. Even though the appearance of this particular 'creature' is odd he makes me feel a little safer. I like seeing him around. Have considered drawing him so if I ever do I'll post the picture to give y'all a clearer idea of what he is.

Edited by commedia

I've seen a ghost but nothing like that.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks! Been a lurker for a good long time. Remembered it almost a year ago and made an account finally. Usually read and stuff. Decided might as well start posting experiences and see what's up.

It is fun on here, sometimes we sort of get into it. Everyone has a right to their opinion about something, we just have to learn to respect it.

Your avatar is awesome but a little creepy but its a real attention getter, I like it. I have a porcelain doll that looks a lot like that.

never seen that before, quite odd. Are you afraid of these things, interested, happy you see them? Have you ever met anyone else who has had this experience (I hope you have, or do). Sounds very bizarre! I may have seen something like this on 'the mouth of madness' movie long ago. Seems like something that would be on there... Thanks for the post... and good luck in your searching.

Welcome!

I have seen something similar to what you have described but not in such volume or detail.

The only times I have seen an entity do that was when it was threatening in nature, and it was black for me, like a shadow person of sorts but not human.

Interesting that you have seen so many and they have different hues, and clothing and such. I would love to see a drawing of one some time =)

The only time I've ever heard of that,was in the exorcist .

Where do you see these things ?

never seen that before, quite odd. Are you afraid of these things, interested, happy you see them? Have you ever met anyone else who has had this experience (I hope you have, or do). Sounds very bizarre! I may have seen something like this on 'the mouth of madness' movie long ago. Seems like something that would be on there... Thanks for the post... and good luck in your searching.

I think some answers to the questions you asked are in my OP. Could be mistaken. There have been experiences with other beings where I was startled or a little spooked. The reaction with these specific beings is minimal, if anything at all. It's not a negative reaction with them either. Which is something that I find odd. Just kind of accept and go with it, y'know? I feel a little happiness/hopefulness for some reason when the larger one (7ft tall almost bent totally in half. very close to it) is seen. He's the most 'terrifying' in appearance of all of them but gets the most positive reaction. Even turning around suddenly and seeing him there behind me staring and still, waiting for me to continue so he can follow, didn't even startle me. Can't explain it. Like when I get that feeling that something is here with me or watching me, I like to think it's him now. It would explain how the first visual encounter with him went (the turning suddenly to see him.)

Welcome!

I have seen something similar to what you have described but not in such volume or detail.

The only times I have seen an entity do that was when it was threatening in nature, and it was black for me, like a shadow person of sorts but not human.

Interesting that you have seen so many and they have different hues, and clothing and such. I would love to see a drawing of one some time =)

Will probably get around to it sometime within the next few days. :) Really want to draw the big one (refer to him as Tot, actually.)

The only time I've ever heard of that,was in the exorcist .

Where do you see these things ?

Haven't seen the more human looking ones that did sort of resemble the girl from that movie since the lighter colored ones showed up. I see them usually inside of buildings (mostly my own house) and occasionally outside. They don't usually venture outdoors but the larger ones and more vivid ones seem a bit braver and more aware. Like they have that much more detail to them because they are more 'here'/present?

Edited by commedia

Someone's going to ask, might as well be me...

Can you get a photo of one? Shouldn't be too hard as you seem to see them often enough.

• Like 1

Haven't seen them as often lately as before. Re-discovered this place in my favorites and decided to make a thread here on them as Tot has been on my mind lately. Caught a flicker of his image ahead of me and off tot he side a few days ago.

They don't stay for very long. Kind of random and fade in and out and flicker about. It would be difficult. Think of them like cats. They do something cute or silly so you go to get the camera and they stop as soon as it turns on and just sit and lick themselves. Except these guys just fade out and vanish then pop back somewhere opposite of where they were before. Next somewhere else and then somewhere else. They're gone for a while and a few hours later they start again. Don't pay much mind to the smaller ones or those with little detail to them. They're the tricky ones and are what is usually seen. The larger they are the less often they appear. :hmm:

Underpants gnomes? Really? Haven't seen that. Lol going to have to look that up later.

Kinda sounds like the "ghosts" of people who died in one of the most famous hauntings of where I live.

Kinda sounds like the "ghosts" of people who died in one of the most famous hauntings of where I live.

Tell me more about it? :o

Yeah I'm with Simbi, only heard of such a thing in the re release of The Exorcist.