Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supersquatch

Dr. Pepper Ad Makes Creationists Angry

44 posts in this topic

Dr. Pepper made an aggressively silly ad about the “Evolution of Flavor.” It shows an early-evolution man finding a can of Dr. Pepper, and BOOM, full-fledged homo sapiens. Funny! And again, willfully goofy. And then it started a culture war.

As of publication, it has been liked 25,464 times, with 3,719 comments—most of which appear to be totally insane.

http://gizmodo.com/5943375/dr-pepper-ad-on-facebook-sparks-the-most-surreal-creationist-debate-youve-ever-seen

Here is the advertisement:

Dr.Pepper_Evolution_FB_ad.jpg

I think the fact that creationists would be attacking an ad based off of a common evolution meme (Just Google "human evolution" and you should see similar images to this one.) is ridiculous. Dr. Pepper has nothing to do with human evolution, something I thought people with common sense knew.

Anyhow, enjoy the hilarity.

6 people like this

why can no one in this world accept others ideas?

6 people like this

so....how did the can of Dr Pepper get there? :innocent:

4 people like this

I use to love Dr. Pepper but now I can't take it.

The evolution of the belch.

2 people like this

Love the comments from that link:

"Evolution is gay"

:tsu:

5 people like this

I use to love Dr. Pepper but now I can't take it.

You know what I really hate about Dr. Pepper? This ad:

1 person likes this

I can't get the usual Dr Pepper song out of my head.. Dr Pepper, what's the worst that can happen ? <-- Answer is creationists that protest your ads lol

1 person likes this

http://gizmodo.com/5...youve-ever-seen

Here is the advertisement:

Dr.Pepper_Evolution_FB_ad.jpg

BUT...there's a 'missing link' from that ad lol :P

1 person likes this

Hmm, I wonder what the repercussions on actual sales of Dr Pepper will be - I predict a "boycott" would affect a couple of hundred cans a month at most. A few loud mouths getting too much air time is what I see here.

2 people like this

It's funny if you had an advertisement with Jesus in it instead you'd get people saying it was disgracing their religion. People can't take a joke these days.

2 people like this

I protest whenever an ad has a round Earth. It's flat you silly monsters! -sarcasm-

3 people like this

It's an AD ,not something being taught at church . Every single group getting all uppity about ever stupid thing,is so TRITE at this point .

3 people like this

It is making creationist angry. Be still my heart. :tu:

1 person likes this

why can no one in this world accept others ideas?

Yes, why are people so closed-minded that they cannot take science lessons from a soda ad? i guess you are making a political statement every time you drink a can, or is that just the ad pitch, aimed at the demographic of people who hate creationists? Well I guess they lured you in, hook line sinker ... Ultimately though I think Dr. Pepper should stick to making soft drinks ( he's not a real doctor, he only plays one on TV ).

Edited by Vein Capital
1 person likes this

COCA COLA FTW!! :clap:

COCA COLA FTW!! :clap:

sorry for being off topic :innocent:
1 person likes this

I thought it was a pretty clever idea. Though they could have had more fun with the "other" sodas being left behind for the "apecestor' types to enjoy.

You know what I really hate about Dr. Pepper? This ad:

Not only that but drpepper 10 tastes like crap.

3 people like this

Maybe they should riot and go and kill the local Doctor Pepper Ambassador. It's what all the hip religious bigots are doing.

Maybe they should riot and go and kill the local Doctor Pepper Ambassador. It's what all the hip religious bigots are doing.

**** Dr Pepper!

They lost a multi-million dollar lawsuit for age discrimination

Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc. Found Guilty in Age Discrimination Lawsuit

by on Dec 15 2011

Workplace Injury

Dr. Pepper Snapple Group Inc. has been ordered by a California jury to pay $18.3 million to six people who alleged the company committed age discrimination in the workplace.

According to the Marin Independent Journal, the age discrimination lawsuit was filed in March of 2009 and claimed that the six workers in a Los Angeles bottling facility were assigned to do work that was physically demanding in an effort to either injure them or make them quit. The plaintiffs’ lawyers said that the physical work led to some of the six workers developing knee problems and hernias which left them medically unable to do their jobs.

Each of the workers had been employees of Dr. Pepper Snapple for at least 20 years.

http://www.sokolovelaw.com/blog/2011/12/15/dr-pepper-snapple-group-inc-found-guilty-in-age-discrimination-lawsuit

What's the worst that can happen?

Its just a big misunderstanding...

Why is Dr Pepper so misunderstood?

Edited to add: :blush:

Edited by Junior Chubb

Why not come out with an ad that has the tag line 'God's Chosen Pepper' ya know, playing off the Chosen People thing! It's 'punny' ;D

Evolution says that there was a Dr. Pepper factory churning out cans of the drink and one day it suddenly started making Mountain Dew. This is clearly stupid as God made Dr. Pepper in its present form.

When Noah gathered two cans of every beverage known to man and put them on the ark to save them, Dr. Pepper was there...

3 people like this

Evolution says that there was a Dr. Pepper factory churning out cans of the drink and one day it suddenly started making Mountain Dew. This is clearly stupid as God made Dr. Pepper in its present form.

When Noah gathered two cans of every beverage known to man and put them on the ark to save them, Dr. Pepper was there...

Matthew 9:12

On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a Doctor Pepper, but the sick."

3 people like this

Whatever happened to a Dr. Salt? :passifier:

1 person likes this

I wonder if the prophet Muhammed drank Doctor Pepper?

Sorry, that was actually the sound of a can of worms being opened