Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Irresponsible Selfish Child...

RockabyeBillie

This really set me off... i get that most people won't use them, but the things she said are just... ug...

Read her response first, then mine.

564544_3967792191384_1114613764_n.jpg

• Like 3

What a stupid thing to say, I cannot tolerate people like that........ Glad you told her off

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well,in actuality,putting them in bars will deter how many people from drinking,who really want to drink ?

Zero ?

They would be better off installing them in like walgreens and CVS,by the pharmacy area.

No women,out drinking,possibly to get picked up ,will touch one of those,AT the bar .

And drinkers never feel guilty so ....fetal alcohol syndrome won't deter them either .

• Like 1

Well,in actuality,putting them in bars will deter how many people from drinking,who really want to drink ?

Zero ?

They would be better off installing them in like walgreens and CVS,by the pharmacy area.

No women,out drinking,possibly to get picked up ,will touch one of those,AT the bar .

And drinkers never feel guilty so ....fetal alcohol syndrome won't deter them either .

That's not necessarily true. I know most people won't use them, but some will at least stop and think.

That's not necessarily true. I know most people won't use them, but some will at least stop and think.

I've known too many alcoholics and drug addicts . When they want it,they don't stop to think.

A casual drinker will,which means if they are out at a bar,they're not worried about getting pregnant ,or are pregnant.They know better,and have no need for the machine .

• Like 1

To me she was saying a bar is a stupid place to put one not that you should be drinking while your pregnant. Men that drink can father kids with birth defects. They are starting to find out that men's sperm are the cause of some birth defects so its not just up to the woman.

To me she was saying a bar is a stupid place to put one not that you should be drinking while your pregnant. Men that drink can father kids with birth defects. They are starting to find out that men's sperm are the cause of some birth defects so its not just up to the woman.

No, she is saying if you plan on partying and find out you can't because you're pregnant, it would be a huge inconvenience. She's posted similar arguments in the past.

• Like 1

I can understand the need to put these up in bars. It's just impossible to think that there are people out there who think that pregnancy is a inconvenience or believe that it's 'a woman's only purpose'. Please, they're just trying to 'protect' for lack of a better turn, the next generation of children. Here's a fun little fact sheet from the CDC to cover some of the bases for women drinkers: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/data.html

I don't think feminism is about being "better" than men, or looking down our noses at women who stay home rather than work; equality, choice, and education are 3 huge things if you ask me, and I second the general opinion of previous posters that you were in the right to say what you said to this other person. It IS a fact of life that women CAN get pregnant, even if men too can contribute to possible birth defects. If I get pregnant I can make the choice to drink or not, or to just have an abortion all together, but I think it's a good idea to put these things in bars because women can't make informed decisions about their health when pregnant if they're not even aware that they're pregnant, and even if a lot of women in bars don't end up using them, I agree that it really could make a lot of people think just to have these reminders around. My one thing though, personally I think it would be nice to have these things both in bars and in other locations, because not every woman drinks, but for instance sometimes I drink 3 or more cups of coffee by 11 AM, and they say caffeine is bad for kids too, so if I went a couple weeks or so like that, having no idea I was drinking for two, that could easily be 400+ ounces of coffee and all the caffeine in it straight to my kid's brain. Some women I'm sure consume just as much worth of power drinks, or they smoke and do drugs, or any combination of that. I'm not saying knowing they were pregnant would get them to stop, but at the very least a woman can make an educated decision about the health of both herself and her child if she's aware of who she's really caring for, right?

• Like 1

(hides my tumblr) ;)

Haha I don't even know if you could find my name!

Some people are just plain stupid. Selfish too. Take responsibility for your own actions. Hey don't have unprotected sex if you don't want a kid and/or an STD idiot. I hate people like her. Hope she does get a few STDs.

I think the bigger problem is that some of these women don't know if they are pregnant and have to use a machine in a bar to find out. IMO if they're having unprotected sex then they should check if they are pregnant after intercourse not the next time they go to the bar.

• 2 weeks later...

This really set me off... i get that most people won't use them, but the things she said are just... ug...

Read her response first, then mine.

564544_3967792191384_1114613764_n.jpg

You see, by her first paragraph, it sounds to me like she's saying how a bar is a dumb place to stick these machines. Then after reading the second paragraph, I can clearly see that she's a selfish crybaby idiot.

• Like 1

Wow, that was a good, well-considered retort RockabyeBillie!! :yes:

Personally I would have told her to go and get her F-ing tubes tied so that she can carry on being a selfish little moron, as well as not polute the human race with her idiocy-genes. But that's me. :lol:

• Like 1

Wow, that was a good, well-considered retort RockabyeBillie!! :yes:

Personally I would have told her to go and get her F-ing tubes tied so that she can carry on being a selfish little moron, as well as not polute the human race with her idiocy-genes. But that's me. :lol:

Or just stabbed her. But yanno, whatever.