Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Answer a Question With A Question

Helen of Annoy

Up until about 70 years ago, wouldn't it have been in the Top Five of 'Last Words'?

• Like 1

Speaking of last words, did you hear that old joke about an old shop owner dying, calling for his wife, oh, my dear wife, with me at my dying bed, then he calls his firstborn son, oh, my dear son, with me at my dying bed, then the oldest daughter, oh, my dear daughter, with me at my dying bed, and oh, my youngest, with me at my dying bed... so who is in the shop then, you lazy fools?!

• Like 1

Are old jokes better than new ones?

Well, there are no new jokes, when you look at it a bit more closely, it’s just the old jokes with new names, for example we have a joke that is told about each prime-minister, everything but the name stays exactly the same, and would I tell it if it wasn’t mildly racist?

(I’m afraid it’s mildly racist for Western standards because it involves cannibals, too skinny and too lardy politicians, is it acceptable? Or maybe you too tell the same old joke about your prime-ministers?)

Or it’s closer to the truth than the main characters would like to admit, except for cannibals, they hardly exist today, but I don’t remember seeing people protest with signs “save cannibals” so now I wonder what could be the reason for that particular insensitivity?

And, quite frankly, this is a disastrous oversight on their part because isn't it better to have cannibals on your side, rather than as enemies?

Is this the appropriate moment to abuse the old joke about missionary who had preached to a cannibal about loving thine enemy and the cannibal calmly informs him “I have no enemies", the missionary is thrilled "Oh, that's so great, how come you don't have any enemies, did you forgive everyone everything they ever did to you?" and the cannibal replies with gentle smile: "No, I ate them”?

Yes, that was exactly the right moment for that joke. I don't suppose you get many opportunities to slip that one into the conversation, do you?

Are you underestimating my ability to turn any conversation to unexpected and weird direction?

• Like 1

Sorry! What on earth was I thinking?

Has it struck you yet just how hysterically funny it is for a woman with an octopus on her head to be having a conversation with a gorilla with a ripped t-shirt on her head?

• Like 2

Did you know I didn't understand your question at all until I finally happened to glance at your avatar?

Don't they prefer telling them?

• Like 1

And would that be a problem if they don’t start believing them?

Do you really think for a second (gosh, I just realized I could have ended that sentence right there) that if a man really believed you had an Octopus attached permanently to your head that he would even consider mating, given the obvious outcome of any offspring?

• Like 2

What makes you think hatopus female would even consider mating plain humans, given the obvious outcome of devolved offspring?

• Like 2

What makes you think hatopus female would even consider mating plain humans, given the obvious outcome of devolved offspring?

Devoted offspring ?

Have you guys been licking toads again :w00t: ?

TiP.

Can you think of anything better to do?

Can you think of anything better to do?

Sure can !

Can you think of something worse you could be doing right now ?

TiP.

Yeees, but you don't expect me to divulge exactly what, do you?

• Like 1

Yeees, but you don't expect me to divulge exactly what, do you?

* my cheeky grin is here *

Yes but that would be telling also :blush:

Is it lunch time yet ? Im getting hungry .

TiP.