Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

bird that mimics any sound

ozman

This bird mimics not only sounds of other birds but Chainsaw, Cell Phone, Camera Shot and Camera motor and more.

• Like 1

My neighbor's bird imitates her house mate's cell phone. Sits out on porch most of the day ringing like a cell phone.

So Cool! My favorite local bird is the Catbird which can imitate several bird species. Thought I had a crazy variety at my house one morning, turned out to be one little old Catbird.

I used to have a houseful of parrots...one of my birds used to immitate a ticking grandfather clock. I never had a ticking clock in my home so it had to have been something he'd heard prior to living in my house. He drove me crazy. LOL

I also had one that would immitate a human sneeze. If I sneezed, he'd "sneeze" right after me. If I faked sneezing, he wouldn't echo me. He seemed to know the difference between real and fake. LOL.

• Like 1

My bf's grandmother has a parrot and it mocks everything. When she had leg surgery it started saying 'oh my leg' and now says it all the time.

I also had one that would immitate a human sneeze. If I sneezed, he'd "sneeze" right after me. If I faked sneezing, he wouldn't echo me. He seemed to know the difference between real and fake. LOL.

That is brilliant - he saw through your fake sneeze scheme!

• 1 month later...