Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog Shoots Man: Hunter's Hand Is Amputated

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Well his hunting days are over so I guess every cloud does have a silver lining :)

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1

This is why some people don't need to own a gun. Give them a sling shot to hunt with.

• Like 3

I'm not sure how his hand ended up in front of the barrel, especially with a shotgun.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
The point can be made without resorting to abusive remarks.
  • Like 3

He must love that dog, for he stated the dog was not at fault.. So he is a true dog lover... Shame he lost his hand in that way... Poor guy..

• Like 1

I wish the man hadn't lost his hand, glad he doesn't blame the dog.

• Like 3

It was a hunting accident. Hell people go to sleep and fall out of their deer stands. The guy should have gone to a Hunter Safety Class. Loaded gun with safety off not a smart thing to do. Sorry for the lost of a hand. Sorry for the dog.

• Like 2

It was a hunting accident. Hell people go to sleep and fall out of their deer stands. The guy should have gone to a Hunter Safety Class. Loaded gun with safety off not a smart thing to do. Sorry for the lost of a hand. Sorry for the dog.

I didn't think anyone saw me fall out of the tree stand, where were you hiding? Boy I really feel stupid now...

• Like 1

I wish the man hadn't lost his hand, glad he doesn't blame the dog.

Yes, it's good that he doesn't blame the dog.

However, Being out in the wild hunting animals is inherently dangerous. While I don't applaud the harming of anyone, killing for sport is, in my personal opinion, tempting a negative outcome. You know, rather like: He that lives by the sword dies by the sword. Just my personal opinion.

• Like 3

You don't know if he was killing for sport. He might have been shooting rabbits or upland birds and eating them.

Those of you talking about karma should take a look at your own comments in that regard.

This is a human being who was maimed.

• Like 3

I'm glad the dog didn't get hurt. Guns are not for the stupid.

• Like 2

Beautiful Basset Hound, I am glad that the dog wasn't hurt. As A hunter and target shooter i also have to ask how / why was his hand covering or in front of the barrel of the shotgun.

one of the first five or six things i was taught about hunting and guns . when hunting always lay the gun on a flat surface, never lean the gun against anything, if it falls it may fire and who knows where the bullet may go. that comes right after keep the safety on until your ready to pull the trigger,

Edited by mysticwerewolf

Man's Best Friend or Premeditated Attempt to Murder? You Make the Decision!

If Dogs had hands, there would be a whole lot less people in this world!

Edited by ufonuts
  • Like 1

Again? Man, dogs sure shoot thier owners with shotguns alot.

The dogs are switching "sides".

They finally feel that they can no longer let down their animal-"brothers" who are getting hunted. ;)

i also have to ask how / why was his hand covering or in front of the barrel of the shotgun.

My guess is, he was taking a break, resting his hand on top of the barrel and forgot himself to put the safety on.. The dog jumps up for a cuddle and BANG...ohh noooooo !!!

He admitted he was responsible and he was kind enough not to blame his beloved dog...Shame about his hand

Ah yes the tide has turned the K9s of the world will rise up and take control and we will become Planet of the Dogs. :cat:

• Like 1

Should be thankful this didn't happen.

That clip looked so familiar, I think I saw this as a child...

Is Plague Dogs the name of the film?

If Dogs had hands, there would be a whole lot less people in this world!

Your hands must be huge looking at the size of those letters that you type.. :P ...

• Like 2

Good doggie .

My cats always almost knock out my teeth .

I will have a huge heavy mug of tea,and someone head butts me,the cup goes right into my uppers .CRACK .Been lucky so far.

• Like 2