Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Where have all the children gone ?

spud the mackem

One more think that just crossed my mind. Where are the adults? I rarely see any adults outside either.

Ha Ha ,thats easy,playing on the kids X-Boxes etc once they've got them to bed out of the way.

My street is a cul de sac with more cul de sacs branching off of it so I see kids playing outside when the air isn't so hot you can breathe it.

Well I was a 90s kid. I loved growing up in that decade. Before the world got too PC.

I'm not too sure about this day and age. My boss says his kids spend a lot of time playing on facebook.

I can't really say why kids seem to stay indoors more these days. We had video games in the 90s, but the internet wasn't that popular. We didn't get the internet until 2001. Maybe internet keeps them in?

Growing up I loved playing video games, but I would get bored quickly and go run outside. Go to the beach, Skate park, Dirt jumps, riding my BMX everywhere. I wasn't into team sports that much but loved action sports (BMX, Skating, Surfing). Also my main transport was riding a BMX around, I loved it, riding along jumping over every jump-looking thingy. Good times.

My boss' kids though expect a lift everywhere. Even if it's really close, they will wait a long time for my boss to pick them up and drop them off instead of just hopping on a bike or walking.

Well I was a 90s kid. I loved growing up in that decade. Before the world got too PC.

You know you were a true 90's kid when you remember someone yelling up - Get off the darn internet, I wanna use the phone !!.... :D

• Like 2

You know you were a true 90's kid when you remember someone yelling up - Get off the darn internet, I wanna use the phone !!.... :D

Haha that's true. And the annoying noise the modem made when dialing back up.

Reminds me of this page I saw recently. I can relate to most of these.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/melismashable/25-ways-to-tell-youre-a-kid-of-the-9

• 2 weeks later...

You never see any kids out playing after school these days.Years ago there would be about 30 of us playing in the back street or in the park after school.Are the kids all TV/Computer geeks nowadays ?,or have they too much homework.Are we bringing up a nation of kids playing indoors on X-boxes,etc, which isn't a good way to grow up naturally and keep fit.I guess gone are the days of adventure.

That's not true... You see some kids walking around stuck to their iphones, updating their Facebooks & Instagrams.

I remembered as a kid, when saturday morning hit, I would watch Saturday morning cartoons until like 11:00am, then I would shower, get dressed and then get lost in the woods or ride my bike all weekend. Kids nowadays are so out of sync with everything that doesn't include batteries, buttons, a touch screen, etc. I guess this is why I'm stuck in the past.

People are paranoid about letting kids play outside now I think.

The only kids i see outside are young/older teens in hoodies who hang around street corners drinking cheap cider, smoking and swearing/threatening anyone what gets within line of sight. Somtimes they stab somone/beat somone to death to break the monotony.

Youngers kids dont play outside anymore, its seen as too dangerous, kids have no road sense, sex offenders lurk in every tree, gangs roam the streets looking for random violence and dirt/fresh air corrupt the minds and bodies of the young.