Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Papyrus refers to Jesus' wife

Imaginarynumber1

why would it be wrong if Jesus was married? By Hebrew law, he was at the age to be required to be married. For those who believe Chirst is god, cant gods get married too? Cant they fall in love?

Oh to answer why it wouldnt be in the bible: It may have once been in the bible, but it may have been one of the many stories taken out.

But see, that's just the thing. Jesus wanted explicity to not be seen as a god. That's also in the Gnostic Gospels. It was the pagans who were addicted to making their heros into gods. That's part of the "sell" the Romans did to the pagans to get them on board. I'm pretty sure Jesus would be furious [from what I've read in the Gnostics] that people turned him into a god, thus distracting from the real and practical edicts for everyday people he was trying to impart on behalf of God. Making him into a god makes him unreachable to the average person. He was to be an example of what the best of men could be. How can that happen if he no longer is considered a man? Yep. Pretty sure he's got a bee in his bonnet over that one..

• Like 4

I just correct your post with capital C on Christ and Chatolic.

Btw I dont think it can offened Chatolics on rest I agree.

ROFLMAO I've just proof read, and drafted, and corrected, 65, 5000 word stories, by students ranging from 13 to 16 years of age in the last fortnight. Ive also set and corrected 20,000 spelling words. The irony is strong with me tonight. :devil: I dont mind you correcting my capitalisation, but i dont usually even put capitals on god or use a capital i for myself. In part that is the nature of the writing on this forum and my tendency to write more than i have time to correct, but also, it is in part a form of levelling. I dont think god or religions require capitalisations any more than "mankind" does.

• Like 1

Even Luke (Gospel according to...) refers to Mary Magdelene as his most beloved above the other regular disciples.

A huge kick in the teeth to the Roman Catholic dogma of Male Supremacy... :clap:

Chapter and verse please. :)

Josephus, Jewish War, 2.8.2

These Essenes reject pleasures as an evil, but esteem continence, and the conquest over our passions, to be virtue. They neglect wedlock, but choose out other persons’ children, while they are pliable, and fit for learning.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Surely if he was married and had children of his own, he would have praise them beyond anything.

I believe Mary Magdalene was the women Jesus had saved from stoning and Lazarus`s sister, who he had brought to untie into her family`s acceptance and she stay close to him as a disciple.

Chapter and verse please. :)

It's in one of the Gospels belonging to the Nag Hammadi Library.

I think the qoute Jesus`s wife written 400 hundreds years later was of the same perception people have today, that he could have been married , not that he was.:)

I think the qoute Jesus`s wife written 400 hundreds years later was of the same perception people have today, that he could have been married , not that he was. :)

The Inside Story of a Controversial New Text About Jesus

http://www.smithsoni...-170177076.html

Front:

post-18246-0-34462300-1348143165_thumb.j

Back:

post-18246-0-18541400-1348143194_thumb.j

Video:

http://www.smithsoni...OHynB7J9B2wjKyV

Isn't it ironic that it clearly says on the papyrus Jesus was considering a female disciple AND the painting of Leonardo Da Vinci showed a disciple resembling a woman. It's obvious Leonardo had documents or proofs during the time of Jesus. Documents that are not supposed to be shown in public because it will definitely change the future of mankind

da Vinci also painter oranges into the scene when they still had yet to be introduced and imported.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

I go by two accounts, the gospels of the Bible, which mention nothing of Jesus being married, and of the physic Cayce who said Jesus was of the Essenes, who do not marry. He also said Mary Magdalene was the women prostitute Jesus saved from stoning, a sister to lazarus, who he then help heal from the brink of death, as lazarus suffered from thyroid fever.

da Vinci also painter oranges into the scene when they still had yet to be introduced and imported.

Not sure about Israel, but the Persians already had oranges in the 11th century.

Meaning: they were present in the Middle East long before Da Vinci even lived.

But no, most probably there were no oranges in the Middle East in Jesus' time.

Edited by Abramelin

But no, most probably there were no oranges in the Middle East in Jesus' time.

I think this too.

But there were women and the Gnostic Apostle Philip said this: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gop.html

"There were three who always walked with the Lord: Mary, his mother, and her sister, and Magdalene, the one who was called his companion. His sister and his mother and his companion were each a Mary..."

A female companion back in the day meant "wife". You didn't pal around with your prostitute in those days. You had your way with her and made a quick getaway before the priests saw you. If he had a female companion, there was no other choice. it was his wife.

And Mary Magdalene's ancient texts say this:

"Peter said to Mary, "Sister, we know that the Saviour loved you more than the rest of women. Tell us the words of the Saviour which you remember - which you know (but) we do not, nor have we heard them." Mary answered and said, "What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you." And she began to speak to them these words: "I," she said, "I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to him, 'Lord, I saw you today in a vision.' He answered and said to me, 'Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of me. For where the mind is, there is the treasure.' I said to him, 'Lord, how does he who sees the vision see it through the soul or through the spirit?' The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

(the mid-section of the original text is missing) ...etc.

When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Saviour had spoken with her. But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, "Say what you (wish to) say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Saviour said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas." Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things. He questioned them about the Saviour: "Did He really speak with a woman without our knowledge (and) not openly? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?"

Then Mary wept and said to Peter, "My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Saviour? Levi answered and said to Peter, "Peter, you have always been hot - tempered. Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries. But if the Saviour made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Saviour knows her very well. That is why He loved her more than us. Rather let us be ashamed and put on the perfect man and acquire him for ourselves as He commanded us, and preach the gospel, not laying down any other rule or other law beyond what the Saviour said." ... and they began to go forth [to] proclaim and to preach." http://www.pbs.org/w...imary/mary.html

• Like 2

Mark 16-9 Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Wife, I don`nt think so:):)

John Mark of the Q text was Jesus`s consin and the beloved at the cross. Jesus asked him to take care of his mother, for only family took relatives in.

there is a passage in the bible that talks about the incident of the crucifixion and resurrection at the cross. There is a contradiction. At one point the bible says "there were only three at the cross" [the three Marys whom Philip said were Jesus's constant female companions. Then suddenly the bible quotes one of the three saying: "and the beloved disciple John said,"..." [at the cross, where only the three women and the crucified Jesus were]. I forget the passage but I think I have the link save on my other PC. When I find it I will post it here. Most scholars point to this passage as proof that the Vatican subsituted a male name for the true beloved disciple Mary Magdalene as "John". Other proof citied for this is the complete lack of a familiy lineage named for "John", while all the other disciples get the full treatment of "son of ....grandson of...nephew of....of the house of..... etc."

John- 19 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own [home].

( son) (his )That was John Mark ,Jesus`s consin who wrote the frist letter about Jesus.

:huh::blink::o Jesus was a married man! Could be unraveling evidence, but will not change everyone's religious beliefs on the life of Jesus Christ when he walked on earth. I heard of rumors by some historians and religious scholars on the chances Jesus had a wife not recorded in the Bible (New Testament). Does the papyrus mention he had any children...no, there has been speculation Jesus fathered a child or some children from one up to three wives. We're told Jesus practiced celibacy in his life not to marry nor procreate as the "son of God", then again other interpretations of Jesus' worldly life conflicts with what the traditional Christian view of Jesus as a celibate man solely worked for God's graciousness.

John- 19 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the [wife] of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!

Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own [home].

( son) (his )That was John Mark ,Jesus`s consin who wrote the frist letter about Jesus.

What if Jesus was talking to his wife, telling her to behold THEIR son, and also told His son to behold his mother ?

Wouldnt that be a turn up for the book's.......

I am NOT stating that is what it is, just one possibility, that not a lot of people have thought of (as far as I am aware)