Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girls beat up Iran Cleric over Dress Code

libstaK

I found this funny, sometimes we are led to believe women live in fear in Iran and are quite repressed but some apparently have a mean right jab and are not so easily intimidated.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/20/world/meast/iran-hijab-fisticuffs/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

• Like 1

Oh we laughed and laughed over this one .

I initially thought she had her burka on,so he couldn't id her .

I hope she doesn't get into trouble because of it. He deserved it .

A friend of mine actually vacationed in Iran once.

She and her husband had a guide,who actually took them home for dinner,and they be friended the family .

She told me most iranians hate their government and religion being so harshly imposed .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

wtf she beat him up and kicked him while he was down. i dont agree with covering up women but neither to i think beating up a cleric is all right as well. cant believe any one is cheering the women on, wtf is wrong with people

I wonder if he can identify them ?..ha ha ,no wonder he's not pressing charges.

wtf she beat him up and kicked him while he was down. i dont agree with covering up women but neither to i think beating up a cleric is all right as well. cant believe any one is cheering the women on, wtf is wrong with people

I'm inclined to agree with you about the kicking when down but there is such a thing as pent up frustration. Especially when women are so suppressed in a culture. He's probably lucky he's not a soprano now.
  • Like 3

I'm inclined to agree with you about the kicking when down but there is such a thing as pent up frustration. Especially when women are so suppressed in a culture. He's probably lucky he's not a soprano now.

women are better off there than before, we have to look at the bigger picture. things are slowly getting better, jumping the gun might cause more bad than good for the rights of women.. what ever happened peaceful protests?

women are better off there than before, we have to look at the bigger picture. things are slowly getting better, jumping the gun might cause more bad than good for the rights of women.. what ever happened peaceful protests?

This is the same country that hangs homosexuals. Forget peaceful protests. Edited by Rlyeh

This is the same country that hangs homosexuals. Forget peaceful protests.

because peaceful protests are not effective?, violence begets violence.

Because clerics are always anti Christian and they think they are the law

I found this very funny. Iran was very westernized back in the 70s before Islamic law took over. I don't believe in kicking a man when he's down, but then again, I don't believe in suppressing people.

because peaceful protests are not effective?, violence begets violence.

Not in the case of Iran. Violence is some times necessary.

Iran doesn't really allow protests regarding anything religious (or anything else really). Remember, this is Iran....not a western, free society. You can't reason with Iran's government as they seem to want complete control of everything that goes on in their country, especially when it comes to religious or ideological beliefs.

Women were better off in Iran prior to 1979. Now they are just ruled over and deemed chattel.

I personally would love to see the women of Iran go on a sex strike.....and see how long the men could handle it. I guess that would be kind of a peaceful protest.....

Other than that, I think more women should do this sort of thing.......I can just see the police asking for a description of the assailant......well, she was covered from head to toe in black. That narrows it down now doesn't it?

She told me most iranians hate their government and religion being so harshly imposed .

Yip, I know a couple of Persians. They absolutely hate their government and are not religious at all. Their families are very "western".

This is why I am fully against a war with Iran.

I'm not against assassinating their government though. lol

But then I'm not against assassinating Israels either....... lol

Protest? There was no protest here, these girls were out minding their own business and some "dumba s" comes along and starts telling them what to do. You try walking down the streets and try to tell people how to live their lives and see what the outcome is. This cleric was dumb, and being cleric does not forgive him of blind ignorance. I doubt he asked the girls nicely, and he got what he had comming to him. This was not a protest at all just a case of a "know it all" sticking his nose in the wrong place.

• Like 3

Easy for you to say. Do you have to wear a hijab? Will you get admonished because you walk outside without covering your hair? Maybe blacks would be better off in the USA if they hadn't broken the laws and stayed on the back of the bus or not sat at whites only food counters. You must be a muslim from a restrictive country to post such tripe.

This takes ridiculous, inane and down right dumb*** logic to new heights:

He told one of the girls to cover up, the report said.

"She responded by telling me to cover my eyes, which was very insulting to me,"

Cheesus what an idiot. What is insulting to every human being is this man telling how another person should dress. :angry:

Here is another women who wont succumb to BS because an ignorant fool says so. Good for her.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by EllJay

Back during Desert Storm they showed a video where a woman was beaten in the streets for leaving her home without and hijab. It was not her day to wear the communities hijab. She was only trying to get medical treatment for her very sick child. The child was flung to the ground while they beat the mother. They were forced back in the home where the child died later. I don't blame the girlsfor what they did intact I wish more would take this action. Of course wife beat is okay and comes with offical rules that should be followed while doing in this religion. Even down to how big the beating instrument can be.

Edited by emberdawn