Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

The exorcism of Anneliese Michel

7 posts in this topic

Taylor Reints: Anneliese Michel is the woman whom inspired the plots of The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Requiem and Anneliese: The Exorcist Tapes, and they are all based on a true story (somewhat). Anneliese was a Catholic supposedly possessed by demons. She consequently underwent an exorcism, a practice casting out demons from a person whom is believed to be possessed. But was she really possessed? Today, many think that Anneliese Michel was not possessed by demons, rather she "possessed" mental disorders. Furthermore, the exorcism was bathed in negligence, abuse and religious extremism.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
2 people like this

Hmm Interesting .. It Is Dificult To Decide What Really Happened There .. IMO All Possessions Are Products Of The Mind And Mental Disorders, But Who Knows If Among Those There Are A Couple Of Cases Which Do Not Fall Into That Category ..

I was just reading a more recent article not about possession but about the child who died because his parents tried to pray away an appendicitis...so sad, but freedom has many costs I guess. Me, I'm hittin the ER cause if I were to believe (but I don't) than I would look at it as god created doctors.

I was just reading a more recent article not about possession but about the child who died because his parents tried to pray away an appendicitis...so sad, but freedom has many costs I guess. Me, I'm hittin the ER cause if I were to believe (but I don't) than I would look at it as god created doctors.

I heard about poor Zachary. Truly a shame that a cult drowning in religious hysteria has more influence over the care of the child than common sense.

Edited by Taylor Reints

The only thing they managed to exorcise was her sanity.

1 person likes this

I've seen some old footage of her, tied to a bed, dark dark circles under her eye's talking with the voice of a death metal singer. Really sad.

1 person likes this

Yeah i read up on this exorcism long ago in a way it intrigued me to know that a person could actually die from a so called "possession". Personally i just wondered what it must have been or felt like inside her mind to spiral down into a broken spirit of a human being just completely far gone. This rarely happens but the fact that it did to her makes me wonder how it is people can rely solely on faith alone to solve a psychological problem. The mistakes that people make in judgment and choice are far too many.