Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Favorite Eerie/scary soundng album(s)/song(s)

Synyster Gates

For me, I would have to say my first as the album "Nightmare" recorded by Avenged Sevenfold. Particularily the solo to their song Save Me, and the background organ in the song Fiction. Also I cannot leave out the opening solo to Danger Line. Mein Teil by Rammstein is another creep as well! Can't forget Saucerful Of Secrets by Pink Floyd or Lycanthropy by Six Feet Under.

• Like 1

Love pink floyd..

I don't find the music scary though, more uplifting in it's awesomeness...

IMO, Jeff Waynes War of the World is the scaryiest thing I've every heard on an an Album. Think I was about 7 when I first heard it. Scared the sh.t out of me, still get cold shivers when I listen to it. And the Album Art.............Amazing and freaky...

jeff-wayne-war-of-the-worlds-front-cover-45106.jpg

Bad Omen, The Conjuring, and Good Mourning/Black Friday by Megadeth, and Years Ago, Steven, and The Awakening by Alice Cooper. All very creepy tunes.

Edited by Hippycrite

• 2 weeks later...

i like kid cudi's no one believes me.

• 3 weeks later...

Heard this years ago in the early 1970s, and it's still creepy:

Vincent Price reciting the short tales of Edgar Allen Poe: "The Premature Burial," "The Telltale Heart" (complete with a beating heart growing in volume in the background, "The Cask of Amontillado," and others.

It was a bright, sunny day in our English class, and Vincent had us thoroughly creeped. Love to find that album and play it in the dark ... wearing Depends! LOL

• 5 weeks later...

i like kid cudi's no one believes me.

I believe you! I heard of Kid Cudi...and some of his music. One of them, 'Day N Nite' is a good piece of work. From his official YT channel.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate

Swamp Witch by Jim Stafford (very eerie, seems hard to find online anywhere)...

http://mp3lemon.org/...4_-_Swamp_Witch

It would appear the link I posted is no longer functional. I do apologize for the inconvenience. Those responsible have been cursed for all eternity. Fortunately, I've found the song elsewhere, here's a new link...

Bloody Kisses, and October Rust ~ Type O Negative

Welcome To My Nightmare ~ Alice Cooper

Macabre ~ Dir en grey

Bloody Kisses, and October Rust ~ Type O Negative

Welcome To My Nightmare ~ Alice Cooper

Macabre ~ Dir en grey

Dang it! You stole my Bloody Kisses entry!

Okay so...Sandman - Metallica

No...wait...my favorite (thank-you Daughter of the Nine Moons creator of all that is lovely):

Massive Attack ~ Pray for Rain

Edited by joc

Possibly The Ninth Wave, which was the B side of the Hounds of Love album by Kate Bush. In these non-vinyl times it starts at "And Dream of Sheep" and ends with "The Morning Fog". Even though the story ends happily, there is some very odd stuff going on musically!

Edited by schizoidwoman

• 2 weeks later...

The Silent Hill 3 soundtrack... Eerie and amazing...