Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looks bad for Barry

Merc14

The real polls are evening up now and it isn't a good thing for the bamster.. See, in the real world, as opposed to the liberal world, everyone knows that the undecideds go for the challenger. It is like asking a person, "A year from now, will you be married to your spouse?" If they answer maybe then the lawyers start clamoring because if you aren't sure you are probably moving. That is an extreme example a and picking presidents is a lot more of paying attention the last few days or hours and then pulling the handle (or touching the pad now) when you hit the polling place out of anger. When the economy is bad and unemployment high then independents go even more for the challenger and we are certainly there.

Let's also look at the polling. Most of the MSM is using turnout percentages based on 2008 numbers. Only an idiot would believe Obama will garner those numbers in 2012 but hey, it makes an hour of hopeful talk for Chris Matthews. Obama's team knows the score and they are very worried. The president, in the middle of some of the worst crises this country has seen since 911 has spent 99% of his time campaigning. WTF? He doesn't attend intel briefs and literally, has no clue what is going on in the mideast. The big question now, even from the bought and paid for media, is whae were you guys so wrong on Libya and why were you so wrong for so long?

Barry is done. The best the left can do is whine for Romney's tax returns and criticize his son's surrogate birth contract. WTH is that? The world is burning, the economy is running towards the cliff and the best the Obama camp can do is that? Nothing to run on at all? 4 years and $6T of debt and they have accomplished nothing? Wookiechimp says 8% unemployment is normal. WTF?

Vote for something different or just stay home. 4 more years of this will kill us.

The real polls are evening up now and it isn't a good thing for the bamster.. See, in the real world, as opposed to the liberal world, everyone knows that the undecideds go for the challenger. It is like asking a person, "A year from now, will you be married to your spouse?" If they answer maybe then the lawyers start clamoring because if you aren't sure you are probably moving. That is an extreme example a and picking presidents is a lot more of paying attention the last few days or hours and then pulling the handle (or touching the pad now) when you hit the polling place out of anger. When the economy is bad and unemployment high then independents go even more for the challenger and we are certainly there.

Let's also look at the polling. Most of the MSM is using turnout percentages based on 2008 numbers. Only an idiot would believe Obama will garner those numbers in 2012 but hey, it makes an hour of hopeful talk for Chris Matthews. Obama's team knows the score and they are very worried. The president, in the middle of some of the worst crises this country has seen since 911 has spent 99% of his time campaigning. WTF? He doesn't attend intel briefs and literally, has no clue what is going on in the mideast. The big question now, even from the bought and paid for media, is whae were you guys so wrong on Libya and why were you so wrong for so long?

Barry is done. The best the left can do is whine for Romney's tax returns and criticize his son's surrogate birth contract. WTH is that? The world is burning, the economy is running towards the cliff and the best the Obama camp can do is that? Nothing to run on at all? 4 years and $6T of debt and they have accomplished nothing? Wookiechimp says 8% unemployment is normal. WTF?

Vote for something different or just stay home. 4 more years of this will kill us.

Are you kiddin' merc ? "Barry" is currently $1.28 with betting agency Betfair, while Mitt is $4.40. Looks like Mitt has missed the mark.

Are you kiddin' merc ? "Barry" is currently $1.28 with betting agency Betfair, while Mitt is $4.40. Looks like Mitt has missed the mark.

i have a wager for you if you want.

i have a wager for you if you want.

yes ?

He seems to be doing pretty good from what I can see. Heck given how many stumbles Romney has had and the general crazy stuff coming out of the GOP at the moment doesn't seem like Obama needs to do much.

• Like 2

Obama only has to not step in the do-do like Romney has been doing, and it is all over.

yes ?

i'll leave for two months after taking one day of abuse if the republicans don't take the senate and the executive. You leave for 6 if they take both, with one day of abuse (none of which will be mine). No liberal has taken the bet yet and I am open to all and will serve consecutive terms of punishment. Just think, months and months of no Merc if I lose just one side!

Edited by Merc14

I only bet for money Merc, greedy little money-grubber that I am. :D I was simply pointing out that your optimism wasn't supported by the available odds.

• Like 1

See, in the real world, as opposed to the liberal world, everyone knows that the undecideds go for the challenger.

Kind of like how everyone knows the challenger gets the bigger bounce out of his convention, since its his first true introduction to the American people and the incumbent is same-old same-old. The Romney campaign was even floating the idea of an 11-point swing in their favor after the conventions were over.

Doesn't seem to have worked that way.

The reality is that presidential elections are won by getting 270 electoral votes. Looking at the map right now, I have no idea how the Romney people plan to do that. There could be some unexpected external event that changes everything (that seems to be what the Romney folks are hoping for) but as the election is now, and has been unfolding all year, Romney will be very lucky if he holds Obama below 300 electoral votes.

• Like 1

Kind of like how everyone knows the challenger gets the bigger bounce out of his convention, since its his first true introduction to the American people and the incumbent is same-old same-old. The Romney campaign was even floating the idea of an 11-point swing in their favor after the conventions were over.

Doesn't seem to have worked that way.

The reality is that presidential elections are won by getting 270 electoral votes. Looking at the map right now, I have no idea how the Romney people plan to do that. There could be some unexpected external event that changes everything (that seems to be what the Romney folks are hoping for) but as the election is now, and has been unfolding all year, Romney will be very lucky if he holds Obama below 300 electoral votes.

You keep on believin' buddy. Independents always go for the challenger but hey, you have the messiah on your side so keep hopin' and maybe history changes. Yeah right. :w00t:

You keep on believin' buddy. Independents always go for the challenger but hey, you have the messiah on your side so keep hopin' and maybe history changes. Yeah right. :w00t:

Sorry Merc, but I am an independent who is leaning towards Obama, why? because even though i've had a really hard last few years (go ahead and blame the pres) At least the sitting president doesn't (at least where I can hear/see it) look down on me, talk about me like I am a lesser citizen or make assumptions about me! The one thing I am not and have never been is a victim, the second you call ME that, sorry but you lose my vote....

• Like 2

Independent my white a)). LOL. You go do that hope and change again Mr. Dem., it worked so well the last 4 years, why not. BTW, what union owns you, SEIU? :passifier:

Edited by Merc14

Sorry Merc, but I am an independent who is leaning towards Obama, why? because even though i've had a really hard last few years (go ahead and blame the pres) At least the sitting president doesn't (at least where I can hear/see it) look down on me, talk about me like I am a lesser citizen or make assumptions about me! The one thing I am not and have never been is a victim, the second you call ME that, sorry but you lose my vote....

This video would suggest otherwise.

That source I haven't heard before, it would interesting to know if it has been a good predictor in the past?

It seems they are pretty close in the polls though. I think it will be a tight race for Obama in any case.

That source I haven't heard before, it would interesting to know if it has been a good predictor in the past?

It seems they are pretty close in the polls though. I think it will be a tight race for Obama in any case.

No, the have been in bizz only since 2008.

But in 2008 some bookies paid out early on Obama. They are generally not that wrong.

No, the have been in bizz only since 2008.

But in 2008 some bookies paid out early on Obama. They are generally not that wrong.

Betfair has been in business for a lot longer than that, it is a betting exchange where players can either back or lay, that is like the stock market where you can buy or sell, for a commission. There is no doubt that it is as accurate a guide as you will find. Irish bookie Paddy Power is offering odds of 1/4 ($1.25) for Obama, 11/4 ($3.75) for Romney. This is far from a close contest if the money is right..

Betfair has been in business for a lot longer than that, it is a betting exchange where players can either back or lay, that is like the stock market where you can buy or sell, for a commission. There is no doubt that it is as accurate a guide as you will find. Irish bookie Paddy Power is offering odds of 1/4 ($1.25) for Obama, 11/4 ($3.75) for Romney. This is far from a close contest if the money is right..

That might be true, but their political bets are authorized by the registry number LGA/CL3/454/2008 in Malta.

That means 2008 as first year.

[media=]

[/media]

LOL you are using that to suggest what? That video shows and proves nothing other than what some random person or group wants others to think. It is a pointless video

Independent my white a)). LOL. You go do that hope and change again Mr. Dem., it worked so well the last 4 years, why not. BTW, what union owns you, SEIU? :passifier:

I live in a right to work state so no unions here. And since you don't know me at all and you are making assumptions, it says a heck of a lot about you...

[media=]

[/media]

One minute five seconds of pure tripe!

The real polls are evening up now and it isn't a good thing for the bamster..

"Real polls"? Which ones are they?

I know - perhaps realclearpolitics will have a poll showing that. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Hmm... Awful lot of blue in those polls...

Perhaps Intrade is showing differently.http://www.intrade.com/v4/home/

70.5% chance of Obama being reelected? Nope... that doesn't support your theory.

Sounds to me like the real world you refer to exists only in your fantasy.

merc14, Romney doesn't have a chance. The money is rewarding Obama for a job well done, delivering to them more power than any president since FDR. Obama will be president through 2016

OMG I just watched the documentary "Obama's America". If it's all lies, then why isn't Obama suing for defamation, libel and slander?

OMG I just watched the documentary "Obama's America". If it's all lies, then why isn't Obama suing for defamation, libel and slander?

Cause he does not give those poop-eater a importance they don't deserve?

LOL you are using that to suggest what? That video shows and proves nothing other than what some random person or group wants others to think. It is a pointless video

It was just a funny and sarcastic reply to your post. It's no secret that I'm no Obama fan but not everything has to be serious. I wasn't trying to prove a point. Sorry, maybe I should have out LOL's and smileys in my reply too.