Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the best thing to ask a ghost ?

Saru

Who is your daddy, and what does he do?

• Like 1

I would think that most people would want to ask about what happens after we die, if there's a heaven or hell. Basically just what happens after death. It's odd though, out of all the people who chase ghosts or basically

go ghosthunting, I have rarely ever heard them say that they asked the spirits what happens after death, which is a bit off to me seeing as though that's the basic idea to find ghosts, is to ask about what happens afterward. Unless you'e a basic thrill seeker, haha.

Odd thing to think about.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would ask why it was wearing clothes, surely clothes do not have a soul...

• Like 1

- I can not question a "ghost" until we get the communication issue resolved.

- I can not question a "ghost" until we get the communication issue resolved.

And what communication issue are you referring to?

By which I mean how exactly one talks to a ghost.

• 4 weeks later...

i believe it.but think any question is good just don't offend them.they are still people they might not be physical but they still know or feel.and no no all spirits,ghost and etc are bad or evil.none of that religious crap is real the devil is real its a creation of the catholic church and christianity.religion is crap.

Ask HER if she's Pretty-olia?

Ask if she believes in scientists?

Ask if she is a hallucination?

Ask if she wants to date the ghost in my profile pic.?

Is that ectoplasmatic anomaly in your pocket or you're just happy to see me? :D

I think I would go for the Winston Churchills response when he suddenly faced a ghost of A. Lincoln while exiting a bathroom in White House with only a towel covering his private parts:

"Well, it seems you have me at disadvantage."

:) :) :) pure classic

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think the Vietnamese word usually translated "ghost" is a very good translation. Westerners joke about ghosts and if told there is one in the house they go running there hoping to get a glance.

One way to increase a building's real estate value in the States is to imply the place is haunted; in Vietnam it will do very much the opposite, if not make it utterly unmarketable.

Westerners see sheets with eye-holes in them, or maybe translucent, wistful people. Vietnamese see horrors fearsome enough to stop your heart. In fact one friend of mine, reporting such an experience in English used the word "horror" instead of "ghost," and I think he hit it.

Are they different species or what?

I would ask why it was wearing clothes, surely clothes do not have a soul...

Perfect. I have wondered this exact thing so many times.

Assuming what I'm talking to is willing to cooperate, the first thing I ask is: "Are your intentions here of a harmful nature" or simply: "Do you wish to cause physical or emotional distress". Even if the occurrence doesn't have any of the tall-tell signs that the entity is malevolent. Benevolent or not...it's always a safe first-question.

Assuming what I'm talking to is willing to cooperate, the first thing I ask is: "Are your intentions here of a harmful nature" or simply: "Do you wish to cause physical or emotional distress". Even if the occurrence doesn't have any of the tall-tell signs that the entity is malevolent. Benevolent or not...it's always a safe first-question.

Wow you're making logical fallacy by asking that question. Because if the intention of being are benevolent, you will get positive answer. But if the intention of being is malevolent, sure that being doesn't have to tell you truth, so the answer would again be positive.

I find it really ridiculous that humans are used to expect deceit and lies when talking to any other humans, but when they talk to higher beings, they kinda get lobotomized and think such beings are unable to tell a lie.

Are you the spirit of a deceased person, or are you an entity from somewhere else? and if the former, what happens at the point of death, and if the latter where have you come from? Can you answer by banging on the wall, thumping on the ceiling, and knocking a glass over? Much ablidged.

I asked it, "What do you want?" It turned and looked at me (so I guess it sees with normal eyes) and faded out.

"how is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?"

• Like 1

"how is Elvis, and have you seen him lately?"

I always wondered about the way they phrased this question, it should be have you seen elvis lately and how is he. But who am I to argue with the people who were here to save the world

I always wondered about the way they phrased this question, it should be have you seen elvis lately and how is he. But who am I to argue with the people who were here to save the world

Funny how that line has stuck with me all these years.

But if the intention of being is malevolent, sure that being doesn't have to tell you truth, so the answer would again be positive

You're absolutely right, they don't have to be honest, no...but there's also the possibility that the entity cares not if you know its intentions or not. If it is honestly evil or malevolent and it tells you so, it's best to be safe, ask the question and take necessary precaution so that you'll know how to better handle the encounter.

• 1 month later...

Thats strange. I might try that sometime soon. i can see how people could ask questions like 'how did you die?' could get them emotional and refuse to answer. but simple questions like the vinilla or chacolate one might be a little less emotional.