Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery of Britain’s 'Franken-mummies’

Still Waters

Two 3,000-year-old human skeletons dug up in the Outer Hebrides have been found to be a jigsaw of at least six different people who died hundreds of years apart.

It is one of Britain’s most intriguing archeological mysteries.

When two almost perfectly preserved 3,000-year-old human skeletons were dug up on a remote Scottish island, they were the first evidence that ancient Britons preserved their dead using mummification.

The scientists who uncovered the bodies also found clues that one of them – a man buried in a crouching position – was not a single individual, but had in fact been assembled from the body parts of several different people.

The discovery began a 10-year investigation into what had led the bronze-age islanders to this strange fate.

http://www.telegraph...en-mummies.html

• Like 2

What qualifications are needed to be a "researcher" to come-up with these remarks ?

I remember reading about this before (maybe on UM). Its an interesting situation and gives us far more questions than answers...

• Like 1

There was no lego etc, back in the day. People got bored. What can I say?... we are a simple people, easily amused.

• Like 2

There was no lego etc, back in the day. People got bored. What can I say?... we are a simple people, easily amused.

The very first Mr potato head...

Sire spud body?

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

Its alive its alive oops sorry I saw Franken-mummies and got carried away in the moment. :st

• Like 1

There are some Franken Mummies in the playground when I do the school-run in the morning.

Frightening, very frightening...

• Like 1

The very first Mr potato head...

Sire spud body?

It coulda been "Make your own girlfriend" class. Ed Gein must have got inspiration from somewhere. I'm not joking.... lonely men do some weird, weird things.

It coulda been "Make your own girlfriend" class. Ed Gein must have got inspiration from somewhere. I'm not joking.... lonely men do some weird, weird things.

Your not wrong, I remember spending a month as a lonely man, a month best forgotten...

• Like 1

There are some Franken Mummies in the playground when I do the school-run in the morning.

Frightening, very frightening...

Hmm playground, mummies, school, very interesting indeed. :unsure2:
  • Like 1