Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Time-Lapse Map of Every Nuclear Explosion

DKO

Japanese artist Isao Hashimoto has created a beautiful, undeniably scary time-lapse map of the 2053 nuclear explosions which have taken place between 1945 and 1998, beginning with the Manhattan Project's "Trinity" test near Los Alamos and concluding with Pakistan's nuclear tests in May of 1998. This leaves out North Korea's two alleged nuclear tests in this past decade (the legitimacy of both of which is not 100% clear).

Each nation gets a blip and a flashing dot on the map whenever they detonate a nuclear weapon, with a running tally kept on the top and bottom bars of the screen. Hashimoto, who began the project in 2003, says that he created it with the goal of showing"the fear and folly of nuclear weapons." It starts really slow — if you want to see real action, skip ahead to 1962 or so — but the buildup becomes overwhelming.

http://www.ctbto.org/specials/1945-1998-by-isao-hashimoto/

Nice way to sum it all up.

• Like 3

OMG didnt know there had even been this many bombs, i wouldnt even think it had gone into the hundreds. every one always says they need nuclear weapons because they feel threatened by other countries with more power than them selves. Americas nuclear crazy wtf, who cares about nuclear weapons in the middle east, just imagine how much the planet has been messed up by americas pollution. maybe some one should confiscate americas nukes :yes:

No wonder there has been so many UFO sightings but no meetings, so many sightings are seen in south america because the UFO are probably worried about there well being lol, being so close to america.

alot of these bombs were in the ocean, what effects is this having on the environment.

Edited by Ever Learning

I didn't expect it to be as high either. Scary really.

• Like 1

Nice video! Would of liked for them to of gone on to present day though.

There hasn't been anymore since 1998, except possibly two by North Korea.

750px-Worldwide_nuclear_testing.svg.png

Lol i bet america made a big deal out of those two nukes, its unthinkable for another country to have used 0.193% of the nukes Americas used.

750px-Worldwide_nuclear_testing.svg.png

Thanks, I guess those of us that have nuclear capabilities finally figured out that we've done enough testing.

• Like 1

Well we certainly well irradiated this planet. I cant help feel that this is what has contributed to global warming maybe a little.

Be afraid.. be very afraid. :cry: