Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Giants of ancient egypt are fact

egyptian lad

Herodotus, who lived in the 4th centuty BCE wrote about the Egyptian mummification process.

http://ib205.tripod....mification.html

This disproves your statements concerning mummification.

Is herodotus a god to believe him?

Maybe some guys added words to his note?

You actually make a herodotus a god of egyptology, because he was dishonest guy, he didnt write anything about the giants too.

The existence of giants is found on portraits.........The huge tools that left too........the skeletons they hide.

Some guys say that ancient egyptians would write about their giantess, LOL it was their nature....would they say we were giants or something like that? they already put the giant portraits for next generations to understand how people were alike in the past.

Plus, as i read before:

Some hieroglyphic quotes are left like " The power of one builder of pyramids = power of 1000 men"

That's reference for a giant humans of 12 meter tall for example?

You're right, there are lies here. But it's not the archaeologists doing it. The internal organs were removed, prepared with natron and wrapped, then placed into canopic jars. The body was also treated in this way before being wrapped.

You're certainly not being honest.

Only royalty and nobility were given the opportunity to be mummified at first. Later this was extended to those wealthy enough to afford it. Not everybody could.

Because the "small muddy blocks" you claim are there don't exist. As well as the fact that there are no verifiable remains of people of that height. And further it can be shown from a human anatomical/biological standpoint that such an individual couldn't have existed since the weight of his own structure would be enough to impair his ability to even move around. A good example of this being Robert Pershing Wadlow, who at 8 foot, 11.1 inches was so large that his anatomy was effectively crushing his feet, ankles and legs as well as causing him other problems. You can't get around the biology.

cormac

reply you later, cuz im off ok?

have a nice time

Oh great. Another person who knows nothing about Ancient Egypt. I can just hear kmt_sesh pulling the last of his hair out.

cormac

You'd think so, at least. I do spend a lot of my time pulling out my hair around here...but not with this one. I've skimmed through the pages of this thread, and I'm glad (I guess) that egyptian lad opened a separate topic about "giants," but we've already pretty much covered all of the ground egyptian lad is using here. It was in some recent thread about ancient Egypt, although I don't recall which one.

In other words, as far as egyptian lad is concerned: I've been there, done that. This is not to say I refuse to join in this discussion, but as you've probably seen for yourself, cormac, it doesn't matter how logical and grounded your counterpoints are. Egyptian lad will dismiss or ignore them as a matter of course.

What we can conclude from his whole "giants" theme is that egyptian lad:

• Lacks even a very basic understanding of the ancient Egyptian culture
  • Lacks any semblance of ability to interpret and understand pharaonic art and monuments properly
  • Lacks the ability to apply critical thinking (and common sense) to material he's come across
  • Is much too gullible about the evaluation and reliability of the fringe twaddle that clutters the internet
  • Falls back on the inane and wholly unrealistic notion that all scholars everywhere, through the past two centuries, are part of a conspiracy to hide "THE TRUTH" from us

Does that about sum it up? I'd be willing to take egyptian lad more seriously, but he doesn't give me or anyone else the chance. It doesn't matter how often you post glaring mistakes: they're still glaring mistakes. :blink:

• Like 9

You're right, there are lies here. But it's not the archaeologists doing it. The internal organs were removed, prepared with natron and wrapped, then placed into canopic jars. The body was also treated in this way before being wrapped.

And this is a perfect example per my previous post. As stunningly comical as it is for anyone to think all Egyptian mummifications were "natural," this is but one topic I covered in some detail in the other thread I mentioned. That someone would not only ignore information provided to him but more importantly the vast body of evidence confirming artificial mummifications, only tells us how closed to basic facts egyptian lad is.

Really, it's quite remarkable. Rarely have I, myself, encountered someone so far off the deep end.

Editing to add: I recall one example of a mummification where a mummy's liver was found separate from the body and wrapped around a little Osiris statue. Mother Nature did this, eh? Goodness, she must be a clever gal. :w00t:

Edited by kmt_sesh
  • Like 4

Most of the stones in the pyramids are sandstone and they could and were cut, moved and put in place by people of average size using pulleys and levers.

You should check out Coral Castle. The average weight of most of the stones is 15 tons, 6 times the average weight of the stone blocks used in building the great pyramid. It has larger stones up to 35 tons in weight. It was built with simple machines (no cranes) by an average size man who weighed a mere 100 pounds. He did it by himself with no others to help.

As far as I know there has never been any pulleys found or any evidence to support this ?

As for the OP - he isn't going to listen to anyone so I’m not going to bother , If he did a simple " search " of the forums before posting such a thread , he would see this has been discussed many times and proven to be false ......

TiP.

Giants, Intersting!

The Nephilim (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png/ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/) were the offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" according to Genesis 6:4; and gigantic men who inhabited Canaan according to Numbers 13:33. A similar biblical Hebrew word with different vowel-sounds is used in Ezekiel 32:27 to refer to dead Philistine warriors.

Also, the ancient Sumeriens mentioned "giants" as did Enoch in his "Book of Giants".

Also, Goliath was a Philistine and apparently a giant, too. Lots if Giant-ing going on there!

Funny how the long standing Philistine people suddenly disappeared like [snap] that and they were never heard from again.

- eerily similar to the sudden disppearance of the Incans in the Western hemisphere.

very interesting.

Nordics also have stories about Giants.

They invented Santaclaus.

You believe that too?

• Like 3

I have read this thread and received much enjoyment from it, unfortunately though it seems the Egypt Giants are not fact.

If we had gone with the New York Giants, then we could start talking about facts, figures and statistics... ;)

• Like 4

They invented Santaclaus.

You believe that too?

Actually Santa Claus,Father Christmas or St Nicholas came from Asia Minor (modern day Turkey) in the 4th century..

I thought it amusing when egyptianlad said we can't mummify in modern times... we could. Someone probably has.... we've moved on to plasticizing now though. See body works exhibit. But now we are not capable of such marvels. :tu:

Why does every group have some over arching conspiratorial control over everything they research? Governments have it over their countries, the religious over the people who worship, and scientists over... uh... scientific facts I guess. I find it extraordinarily silly to always fall back on the 'well, someone lied at one time or another which throws everything everyone did in that field into question'. Have 'giant' bones been found? Yes. Have people thought they were the bones of giant humans? Yes. Most of the time these are quickly debunked, like the Chinese thinking dinosaur bones are dragons.

All it would really take is one of these big name scientists who's controlling this 'conspiracy' to realize 'well, durp, I could make more money revealing the truth!' Or is the conspiracy just that powerful? Is this like National Treasure? I call being Nick Cage.

Why does every group have some over arching conspiratorial control over everything they research? Governments have it over their countries, the religious over the people who worship, and scientists over... uh... scientific facts I guess. I find it extraordinarily silly to always fall back on the 'well, someone lied at one time or another which throws everything everyone did in that field into question'. Have 'giant' bones been found? Yes. Have people thought they were the bones of giant humans? Yes. Most of the time these are quickly debunked, like the Chinese thinking dinosaur bones are dragons.

All it would really take is one of these big name scientists who's controlling this 'conspiracy' to realize 'well, durp, I could make more money revealing the truth!' Or is the conspiracy just that powerful? Is this like National Treasure? I call being Nick Cage.

I agree with you that conspiracy theorists usually rely on insecurities and often exaggurate but there is a knowledge filter active in the mainstream and also mainstream research is usually guided in directions of preconcived notions.Though saying that it is all a conspiracy would be too harsh,probably arrogance would be a better word to explain a few things.

Nordics also have stories about Giants.

Yes, and where did those stories come from?

Anyway, I had to think of the medieval Frisians who faught in the Crusades. In the OLB thread I wrote about how they were looked upon by people in the Med and the Middle East.: fierce giants. They must have dwarfed the people they met.

Not saying they lent a hand building the pyramids, though.

Who knows, maybe the African Masai did? They are still among the tallest people on earth.

And stories tend to grow when time passes by.... "how big was that fish again?"

And stories tend to grow when time passes by.... "how big was that fish again?"

It was thirte-no twenty feet log and I spent eight hours reeling that sucker in. We humans seem to have this fancy towards stories of giant human and dwarf humans. Maybe we're just insecure about our... 'size'? -winkwonknudgenudge-

The only bones of 'giants' ever REALLY found were those of Homo Heidelbergensis in South Africa. According to the paleontologist who found and investigated them, these guys were on average 7 feet tall. But that was many hundreds of thousands of years ago.

+++++

EDIT:

Interview with professor Lee Berger, University of Witwatersrand:

http://www.thenakeds.../interview/833/

According to Professor Lee R. Berger of the University of Witwatersrand, numerous fossil bones indicate some populations of Heidelbergensis were "giants" routinely over 2.13 m (7 ft) tall and inhabited South Africa between 500,000 and 300,000 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia....heidelbergensis

Edited by Abramelin

And here we go again, another thread about giants. Goes to show how much people actually know about ancient Egypt.

• Like 1

And here we go again, another thread about giants. Goes to show how much people actually know about ancient Egypt.

Ancient Egypt was more like the Mummy movies, right? Right? -jk-

A well shaved Meganthropus is my bet. Then again could the Hyksos have been building the Great Pyramids.

Joe taylor an american researcher who has been in egypt for many times by late of 50s and 60s,he cited several accounts of giant human skeletons in egypt.

He got 47 inche femur bone for 15 feet giant egyptian man, 4.5 meter tall:

post-132711-0-02152500-1348504875_thumb.

this giant leg bone is saved in MTblanco museum of fossils in Texas:

www.mtblanco.com

In rekhmire tomb, the art of colossal seated statue's construction, the sculptors were nearly the same height between 4 to 5 meter.

this a comparison i made between sculptors of colossal seated statue and giant leg bone:

post-132711-0-60441800-1348505054_thumb.

post-132711-0-45694000-1348505209_thumb.

You might want to read this article:

The true story of the 47 inch human femur

(...)

So in summary, Taylor made an oversized replica of a normal human femur to represent a bone whose only evidence of existence is a letter based upon rumor. Additionally, the proportions of the bone are wrong. Then along comes Kent Hovind who tries to pass off this fantasy as science and manages to turn a woman into a man in the process.

Carl Marychurch 2005

http://fundiesvatheists.lefora.com/2010/05/31/the-true-story-of-the-47-inch-human-femur/

I think we talked before, let me remind you of something:

Dude, For sake of God.................................Insert brain in your empty head, sorry for this sarcastic statement.......its not insult but u just fool urself around.

You have brought for an image of carved statues on modern ages and compare to it to ancient times

Such like your image now, You put a truck lifting stones and u mean it was lifted like that

In the ancient times: There were NO MACHINES, NO TRUCKS, NOR ANY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY.

Why the hell you compare ancient times to modern times, even though if we went in comparison:

Today if u want to build a home, You use iron bars.....cement.....small bricks ( Put under small bricks hundred lines), EVEN THOUGH we have technology and construction machines, We still use small brickes, in order to make the operation easy and so workers would handle too

The stone in ancient egypt: there were stones of 18 ton weight......stones of 2 ton....stone of 70 ton....stones of 700 ton like obelisks.......stones of 100 ton like stones around sphinx:

post-132711-0-47017400-1348510498_thumb.

Do you think even 20 guys were able to lift this large stone?

My brains are in place, thank you.

But did you ever hear of "perspective" in art?

I guess not.

Well, the man carrying the stone on his shoulder is near the camera, and the 'midgets' you see behind him are not midgets but normal sized people.... at a great distance from the camera.

Second: exaggeration of height was used to portray a "great" king or warrior. Get it? "GREAT".

• Like 1