Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

Saru

Did the USAF personnel lie, or were they having a mass hallucination that day? In charge of a nuclear weapons base that could have sealed the fate of the world. Think what your saying Mr B.

So were they drunk? The whole team? There was a lot of them? Were they fooled by the lighthouse as some ignorant fools have suggested?

What about the recordings, the sketches, the testimonies, and the fact that none of them have changed a single detail of the story 30 years on.

It's a tall order Mr B to deny this one.

Oh, boy... And I thought you know all of the best cases... In case you missed - its all about JAL1628... So, maybe you can you ask Mr. Callahan to show radar printouts (hes in possession), huh? BTW, how does FE's drawing of weather radar return correlates with spherical (with a rim) body? Can you show how circle would be mapped on polar coordinates?

Here's something else that got "omitted" from the public record, but came out in a discussion on ATS. When the UFO stopped following the JAL plane, it was then tracked behind a United Airlines plane.

I wonder why they forgot to mention that at the time?

http://www.google.co...Vt5gkVxzkzGJgmg

Once again: show printouts.

Minuscule details that skeptics like to use as spades to bury the case maybe. Well known tactics. The essence of the case is as true as it ever was, because if those men had lied and been caught out they would have been court martialled and imprisoned. Nobody is prepared to take a risk like that. For what? A UFO hoax.

With one exception, I don't think any of them are lying.

Come on Boon it's plain ridiculous.

On this point, I agree... but probably not for the same reasons.

May I ask what you think is the essence of the case? Parts that haven't changed over the years etc.?

Cheers,

Badeskov

I've examined this case so many times I could tell it to you in my sleep. Unknown craft shooting high intensity beams, seen on successive nights, flashing lights in the forest, one night a small triangular craft is stationary and is examined at close quarters by a member of the team, illuminated objects leave the military base and fly over a farmhouse, object shoots beam at weapons hangar, craft leaves impressions on the ground, ............................it's all there.

Minuscule details that skeptics like to use as spades to bury the case maybe. Well known tactics. The essence of the case is as true as it ever was, because if those men had lied and been caught out they would have been court martialled and imprisoned. Nobody is prepared to take a risk like that. For what? A UFO hoax.

Come on Boon it's plain ridiculous.

:w00t: Say, WHAT?!!!

Typical believer with wide opened mind...

:w00t: Say, WHAT?!!!

Typical believer with wide opened mind...

I just think you are just living in some make believe world. These are men of integrity, honour and who pride themselves in carrying out their duty to the highest standards. Making up a tale or misrepresenting something as blatant as this is not the style of people like this.

If we were dealing with drug addicts, crooks, alcoholics, mischief making bums, I would totally agree with you. Not military men of rank and honour. Somewhere along the line one has to stand up for these people and the testimonies they relate, or quality dealings between people become a joke. To me there are people who still uphold the truth in this world that can be trusted, and this case refers to such folk.

It was a multiple witness sighting, documented, and consistently described. That's it. It is not a unique example of unknown objects interfering with nuclear installations. It has happened multiple times before. There is a pattern; I'm sure you know the cases.

• Like 4

Once again: show printouts.

The FAA transcripts of the actual conversations have long been available, although since they are in PDF form I can't post them on here directly.

http://russhaywood.com/wp-haywood/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/ATC-Transcript-JAL-1628.pdf

I should also add that you can now buy these radar printouts from the FAA, which was not possible back in the 1980s. There's a whole list of things related to the JAL case that they will sell you now, including a "complete package" for $194.30.

http://russhaywood.com/wp-haywood/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/FAA-Order-Form.pdf

I just think you are just living in some make believe world. These are men of integrity, honour and who pride themselves in carrying out their duty to the highest standards. Making up a tale or misrepresenting something as blatant as this is not the style of people like this.

If we were dealing with drug addicts, crooks, alcoholics, mischief making bums, I would totally agree with you. Not military men of rank and honour. Somewhere along the line one has to stand up for these people and the testimonies they relate, or quality dealings between people become a joke. To me there are people who still uphold the truth in this world that can be trusted, and this case refers to such folk.

It was a multiple witness sighting, documented, and consistently described. That's it. It is not a unique example of unknown objects interfering with nuclear installations. It has happened multiple times before. There is a pattern; I'm sure you know the cases.

Sigh...

I can recommend you to go to library and find Aviation Visual Perception: Research, Misperception and Mishaps, R, Gibb et al, Ashgate (2010). You'll be amazed how many times "I know what I see" overconfidence caused lives. And mind you that even pilots with over 10000 flight hours aren't perception failure-proof.

For whatever reason, they don't seem to consider this case as big a secret now as they did when the Cold War was still going on, not if they have started to sell these FAA records to the public.

I wasn't even aware that these were publicly available until today, when I read this paper by Russ Haywood on the JAL incident. I'm not going to pay the $194 to get all of them, though.

http://russhaywood.com/wp-haywood/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/An-Odd-Night-in-Alaska1.pdf

• Like 1

Sigh...

I can recommend you to go to library and find Aviation Visual Perception: Research, Misperception and Mishaps, R, Gibb et al, Ashgate (2010). You'll be amazed how many times "I know what I see" overconfidence caused lives. And mind you that even pilots with over 10000 flight hours aren't perception failure-proof.

I'm not interested in some intellectual theories concocted by some university boffin on the reliability of the human mind. I'm interested in a group of high integrity professionals who reported a highly unusual case that left an indelible mark on them.

There's nowhere to hide on this one.

Edited by zoser
  • Like 2

The FAA transcripts of the actual conversations have long been available, although since they are in PDF form I can't post them on here directly.

http://russhaywood.c...pt-JAL-1628.pdf

[...]

Thank you for posting that... I never had seen that... I never had read that....

[...]I should also add that you can now buy these radar printouts from the FAA, which was not possible back in the 1980s. There's a whole list of things related to the JAL case that they will sell you now, including a "complete package" for $194.30.

http://russhaywood.c...-Order-Form.pdf

May I ask you: $194.30 now, or it was more than a decade ago?!

Thank you for posting that... I never had seen that... I never had read that....

May I ask you: $194.30 now, or it was more than a decade ago?!

I'm not sure. I just found out about this in connection with the Russ Haywood article, which was published in August 2011. I didn't know until today that it was all publicly available now.

I'm not interested in some intellectual theories concocted by some university boffin on the reliability of the human mind. I'm interested in a group of high integrity professionals who reported a highly unusual case that left an i indelible mark on them.

There's nowhere to hide on this one.

Once again, typical wildly wide open minded believer. University boffin? :w00t:

Having in mind that first author is/was a pilot and he brought his own experience (some events) in the book.

Of course, this book with huge amount of references to scientific researches/mishap investigations and with stuff like facts is boring, but at least book has some pictures in case words are to hard to comprehend...

I'm not sure. I just found out about this in connection with the Russ Haywood article, which was published in August 2011.[...]

Yeah, OK, but cheaper would be ask Mr.Callahan, isn't it? Furthermore, you can get edited out material (by evil FBI/CIA/FAA/Major League Soccer/etc), while Mr. Callahan has it all.

[...] I didn't know until today that it was all publicly available now.

Ummm, what? Just now? You continue to amaze me...

Yeah, OK, but cheaper would be ask Mr.Callahan, isn't it? Furthermore, you can get edited out material (by evil FBI/CIA/FAA/Major League Soccer/etc), while Mr. Callahan has it all.

Ummm, what? Just now? You continue to amaze me...

You'd have to ask Mr. Callahan about that, not me. I'm just telling you the truth that I did not know these records were all for sale until today. What can I say? I just didn't know about it and haven't been paying attention to it.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

If I recall some of the documentaries on TV about this case, Halt said they were so close

that they noticed some type of hieroglyphics/symbols on the craft.

• Like 1

If I recall some of the documentaries on TV about this case, Halt said they were so close

Seems pretty amazing doesn't it? Although in reality, it wasn't Halt who made this claim, it was Jim Penniston. The most amazing part about it is that he didn't mention this little tidbit until after he has visited a brain butcher erm, I mean memory regression therapist... Also amazing is the fact that the guy he was with at the time (Burroughs) had absolutely no recollection of these details or of even seeing a 'landed craft' at all...

Fascinating isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic story. Truly. But that doesn't make it any more real than a sci-fi movie.

It's a shame really, because like many other people, this one really had me convinced for a very long while before I actually started looking into it. I'm all for believing in things that are substantiated and/or of definable value. This story though doesn't meet either criteria in my opinion. More details here.

Cheers.

• Like 1

If you go back to post #8, there is a picture of the symbols and the sketches drawn at the scene.

Seems pretty amazing doesn't it? Although in reality, it wasn't Halt who made this claim, it was Jim Penniston. The most amazing part about it is that he didn't mention this little tidbit until after he has visited a brain butcher erm, I mean memory regression therapist... Also amazing is the fact that the guy he was with at the time (Burroughs) had absolutely no recollection of these details or of even seeing a 'landed craft' at all...

Fascinating isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic story. Truly. But that doesn't make it any more real than a sci-fi movie.

It's a shame really, because like many other people, this one really had me convinced for a very long while before I actually started looking into it. I'm all for believing in things that are substantiated and/or of definable value. This story though doesn't meet either criteria in my opinion. More details here.

Cheers.

Since this phenomena happens worldwide and has been happening for decades and thought to be mass hallucination.

Then that itself would be worthy of investigation. Ya think?

What?????????

I think he's saying "how come it's bad when the government has stuff it doesn't release to the masses, but when a single researcher into the field has information he doesn't reveal he's lauded?" - ie double standards in the UFOlogy field.

Since this phenomena happens worldwide and has been happening for decades and thought to be mass hallucination.

Then that itself would be worthy of investigation. Ya think?

The whole phenomena is worthy of investigation, I completely agree. I'm only talking about the results of in depth investigation into this particular case at the moment. You can choose to look into that if you'd like or you can choose not to. It is up to you. I'm just sharing what I've found while I was looking into it.

If you go back to post #8, there is a picture of the symbols and the sketches drawn at the scene.

Those weren't drawn at the scene. Those were drawn years later. Of course Jimbo would have everyone believe otherwise, but honestly I don't trust the man after he's changed his story so many times and had so many repeat visits to the brain butchers... erm... memory regression therapists...

I agree with boon.

One should be VERY skeptical to memory regression (hypnosis) when it comes to alien abduction and other ET related stories. I have little doubt that regressive hypnosis creates memories, instead of "releasing" them.

Modern science and new technology for analyzing sleep patterns, dreams, and sleep paralysis has shed a negative light on many ET and abduction experiences. Those who claim that a UFO = ET may believe in their own stories, but without hard evidence to support this claim that is all they are, stories.

• Like 1

Does he have a book coming out?

How else do you get the truth out? The mainstream media is highly controlled.

I personally see nothing wrong with writing books that tell the truth, while people like you maintain a dismissive stance on those that do write about the truth as seen by the author.

IOWs, just because he may well have a book coming out does not at all mean that he is trying to mislead. Government's midlead all he time. Do you complain about that too?