Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

News outlets rapped over inaccurate reporting

Guest Br Cornelius

That site was so full of pop-ups I had to close it before I got some malware or something.

Do you guys get fox news over there? Personally I don't because I don't have cable. Most of my news comes from PBS so I watch alot of BBC, Al Jazeera, RT, etc.

93% of all reporting on climate change on Fox News have been shown to be factually inaccurate;

http://www.livescien...rage-wrong.html

Br Cornelius

Fox 'news' are a joke.

I always think of Seth Mcfarlane's take on them in Family guy to be honest.

Expecially Al Harringtons 'audition'

"Fear based right wing agenda pushing news stories"

http://youtu.be/11qfgHHkGbM

• Like 1

That site was so full of pop-ups I had to close it before I got some malware or something.

Do you guys get fox news over there? Personally I don't because I don't have cable. Most of my news comes from PBS so I watch alot of BBC, Al Jazeera, RT, etc.

During the Iraq war you could even get it for free here, in fact the type of reporting of Fox News about the war (Anchor to Co-anchor: "You know what my dream is? That we march into Iran and find all those WMD to make the world shut up") turned more Europeans off from it than Dubya and Bambi, and that was quite a difficult achievement.

People who get their news from 'Fox News' aren't looking for factual unbiased reporting.

So they aren't going to change because it's the exact combination of reassurance that their bubble will never burst and fearmongering that they are looking for.

Fox 'news' are a joke.

I always think of Seth Mcfarlane's take on them in Family guy to be honest.

Expecially Al Harringtons 'audition'

"Fear based right wing agenda pushing news stories"

[media=]

[/media]

They are not a Joke, they are carefully crafted propaganda mouthpiece for the Republican party and right wing interests.

Br Cornelius

They are not a Joke, they are carefully crafted propaganda mouthpiece for the Republican party and right wing interests.

Br Cornelius

No, thy are are carefully crafted piece of Don Rupert's (now disgraced) right wing publishing empire. They just happen to be in tune with the Republicans occasionally (right now they are clobbering Romney and Ryan a lot).

sadly, all major news companies have become jokes/tools of politicians.

There is certainly some truth in that, especially if you include sensationalism and fearmongering for their own sake along with political bias.

That said, it would be difficult to compare the 'usual' level of slant and bias with a continual largely factually incorrect reporting of a subject as important as Global Warming.

popups? Do you still use IE? Get Firefox or Chrome and install adblock in one of them. I haven't seen an ad or pop up in a decade.