Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IQ linked to levels of happiness

Render

This article is a load of Bull****,some of the happiest people in the world are children inflicted with Mongolism, I know of an ex Bank Manager,who is the happiest person you could meet,he now works in McDonalds,because he couldnt stand the stress of working in a Bank.You dont have to be rich to be happy,most of them are miserable because they are wondering where their next million is coming from or whether the stock market is going to crash.I havent a bean but I'm very happy because I have a p.c. a car and my family, and dont give a damn about anything.

While they do make a point, that being 'not too bright' might very well lead to economic stress and unhappiness, there can be other causes of being unhappy as well. For example, one could be quite bright, have plenty of money, but have physical and emotional problems that cause unhappiness. Also, some folks manage to be quite happy with far less than what society dictates they 'need'. Some very wealthy people commit suicide, not exactly 'happy campers' there I'd say.

This issue is far more complex IMO.

yes education is important. ever learning? pls learn basic grammar first

what i write in the late hours of the night most definitely has errors in it, maybe instead of being so judgmental you could ask your mother for basic manners.

This article is a load of Bull****,some of the happiest people in the world are children inflicted with Mongolism, I know of an ex Bank Manager,who is the happiest person you could meet,he now works in McDonalds,because he couldnt stand the stress of working in a Bank.You dont have to be rich to be happy,most of them are miserable because they are wondering where their next million is coming from or whether the stock market is going to crash.I havent a bean but I'm very happy because I have a p.c. a car and my family, and dont give a damn about anything.

You, among others in this thread failed to comprehend the study. It is NOT about mongolism.

The highest proportion saying they were "very happy" was found in people with an IQ between 120 and 129 - 43% said they were very happy.

However, the highest proportion saying "not too happy" - 12% - was found in people with an IQ between 70 and 79

Reread it until you understand.

The average IQ of someone with Down Syndrome is below 70, more like around 50.

It is also NOT about being a genius. It's about all the parts in between those extremes, so the average population.

• Low IQ & Mental Retardation
    5% of people have an IQ under 70 and this is generally considered as the benchmark for "mental retardation", a condition of limited mental ability in that it produces difficulty in adapting to the demands of life.
    Severity of mental retardation can be broken into 4 levels:
  • 50-70 - Mild mental retardation (85%)
  • 35-50 - Moderate mental retardation (10%)
  • 20-35 - Severe mental retardation (4%)
  • IQ < 20 - Profound mental retardation (1%)

High IQ & Genius IQ

Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:

• 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
  • 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
  • 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
  • 145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
  • 155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
  • 165-179 - High genius
  • 180-200 - Highest genius
  • >200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

So it;s about average educated ppl, versus not so very well educated. So the correlation between less education, less mental health, less money, less success, and need for more help stands.

If everyone would be so kind, or dare i say intelligent, to not misinterpret this study anymore.

While they do make a point, that being 'not too bright' might very well lead to economic stress and unhappiness, there can be other causes of being unhappy as well. For example, one could be quite bright, have plenty of money, but have physical and emotional problems that cause unhappiness. Also, some folks manage to be quite happy with far less than what society dictates they 'need'. Some very wealthy people commit suicide, not exactly 'happy campers' there I'd say.

This issue is far more complex IMO.

It's not about that one guy that is miserable being educated and rich.

It's about the highest proportions one way or another.

Edited by Render