Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Ashotep

Japan hangs cult leader

32 posts in this topic

Doesn't seem to be a grey area for you.

Would it be total faith in the infalability of your government and judicial system that gives you this 'view'?

Actually, it's the lack of faith in both. So many guilty people repeat offend, maybe the consequences aren't strong enough.

1 person likes this

Actually, it's the lack of faith in both. So many guilty people repeat offend, maybe the consequences aren't strong enough.

You do see the flaw in that, right?

Of course, however since the current system isn't effective enough, I think there's room for tweaking.

"Life" in prison in the U.K. is around 20/25 yrs, with time off for good behaviour.Their is no such thing as "Death Row", All this talk of rehabilitation is a load of old crap,at least 2 guys have been released recently ,and murdered again. Anyone who commits murder doesnt deserve to live on the state, but of course they all claim innocence . If anyone takes a life they give up the right to be a member of the human race, and should be exterminated.

1 person likes this

LOL, and by that token perhaps you should fully embrace 'an eye for an eye' punishments and start chopping bit's off of thieves and rapists.

Yeah, you could volunteer.

LOL, and by that token perhaps you should fully embrace 'an eye for an eye' punishments and start chopping bit's off of thieves and rapists.

Yeah, you could volunteer.

well I guess for you, that's the beauty of a system like that isn't it?

Random 'volunteers' are chosen from the general population via the processes of miscarriages of justice.

Of course, however since the current system isn't effective enough, I think there's room for tweaking.

Absolutely. There IS room for 'tweaking' but:

Murderers, rapists, and child molesters, I'm not against the death penalty for them. Hell, at least cripple them, then prevent them from taking their own life and let them rot in solitary.

Thats more akin to adopting a medieval of fundamentalist model.

Not exactly 'tweaking'.