Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Korean Depiction of Jesus

ambelamba

http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeView.do?blogid=0Ddl5&articleno=7116787#ajax_history_home

A renowned Korean artist, Ki-Chang "Oon-BO" Kim drew a series of paintings depicting the life of Jesus of Nazareth.

Seriously, I am curious. Any of you get offended by the paintings because Jesus is depicted as a Korean?

I know that some people will be. I frequent at some very large lottery community online and they are diehard right wing Christian racists who hate anyone but themselves.

I am not a Christian anymore, and have no love for the Christian doctrine anymore. But the paintings have some special place in my heart.

• Like 1

Can't agree with that one for 2 reasons.--I live in the Bible belt and I think the pictures are lovely.

Don't know your reasons for not wanting to associate yourself with Christian doctrines, anymore. They could be any of a myriad. And you probably don't want any advice from me but unfortunately sometimes that hasn't stopped me in the past :^p. However, I can't get rid of the thought that maybe you shouldn't thorw the baby out with the bath water.

• Like 2

Anyone who gets offended if He's portrayed as a Korean should be equally offended when He is portrayed as white.

• Like 4

I think they're beautiful. I think a great many christians will realise that the Kingdom and therefore the spirit of the christ is within us all - he is the true man that every believer aspires to see within themselves but recognises at the same time that he is more than any of us can ever hope to be.

• Like 1

lovely depictions, thanks for posting them, lots of skill and tender care taken over those.

I agree with the point that if someone cant swing with the idea, then they should also stop thinking of jesus as a white feller.

A white supremisist, christian nightmare!

They're beautiful images.

I do kind of wonder what the influence is for the big tall black hats in a lot of the panels is.

It is nice to see that a Korean loves Jesus enough to paint such pictures. There is nothing offensive about them. Except that they are inaccurate as to the location and race. I don't care if Jesus is white, black or oriental; but the Bible identifies the boundaries by the rivers and Cush of the Garden of Eden as Israel. The Bible has always been centered right there all the way throughout. Gentiles were created Day Six which would include orientals, and blacks; but on Day Eight Adam was created -- the first Jew. And Jesus' ancestry as Son of Man goes all the way back to Adam Man who was created on the eastern side of the Jordan and placed in the Garden of Eden.

When Jesus began His ministry, he was baptized beyond the Jordan (that means on the east of Jordan). He then crossed Jordan and entered Israel, Dacapolis to begin His intended work.

Another thing I might mention about the pictures of the crucifixion with everyone crowding around in the scene--- If they touched blood or a dead person they could not participate in Passover Feast. That is why the Bible says everyone stood "afar." Mary and John were the only ones close enough for Jesus to speak to them. But she did not embrace His dead body after He was taken off the cross.

Under "Grace" Christians do not realize how strongly required it was under the LAW to participate in Passover Feast.

Edited by Copen