Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's a random thing that scares you?

Wookietim

Paying for yet another Christmas. I've had enough Christmasses, fgs. :(

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Putting in eye drops. Always scared that the actual content was replaced with bleach or some awful chemical and it will blind me grotesquely. (like a scary movie where someones eyes are scooped out)

'

Sometimes I even feel like they are burning and freak out even though I know its all good.

Edited by John Rayne
  • Like 1

politicians ( regardless of party )

internet trolls

and those people who are so religious that they can't see the light through their hatrid of everyone that doesn't believe as they do

• Like 4

Yeah, I never know how to handle the super-religious. They are right up there with my fear of the visually-mentally unstable people. I work at a huge grocery chain part time and I made the off hand comment about "why would a caveman eat that plant and decide it was food" about the spring salad mix, and my manager started spouting off "God made the bitter herb" thing in a huge loud holier-than-thou voice...because they hate cave men....and the mere mention of one, in a humorous context... was enough to cause a knee jerk reaction of bible spout. Yes, I jumped. Scared the crap out of me.

• Like 1

For some reason I'm completely terrified of the movie the Dark Crystal as a kid I'd watch and start feeling nausea and sick to my stomach. To this day I can't watch BC I start to have some sort of panic attack.

• Like 1

Living in the Land of Spiders, just sitting here on my computer expecting a dinner-plate to crawl up the wall from behind my monitor :(

Edited by Skeptic Chicken
  • Like 1

The Patriot Act and the NDAA scare the beejeebees out of me.

Loss of the US Constitution and US Bill of rights scares the beejeebees out of me.

• Like 3

:w00t: Seeing a photo of the exwife

Edited by wolfknight
  • Like 2

:w00t: Seeing a photo of the exwife

I think you win the prize... In my case, I take a look at my ex and say, "Dang, what was I drinking???" She was pretty, at first, but talk about Jekyl and Hyde, geez...

• Like 2

The ones we have in se Texas you can actually hear the big ones walking across our faux wood floors. Seriously. I was watching TV late one night and kept hearing clickclickclick......clickclickclick..... I'd turn down the TV and listen. Nothing. Go back to watching TV and clickclickclick.....clickclickclick..... both dogs asleep, not them. I finally figured which room it was coming from and found the culprit. I happen to like insects a lot, but I am still not a fan of a big cockroach running around my house, so out he went. Another night I kept hearing papers rustling. One was upside down on it's back under the papers wiggling it's legs. They die quick in the Air Conditioning.

And they are very big and fly.

Fortunately they prefer to be outside, they are not like the usual ones that infest your kitchen.

One apartment I was living in with my ex, ugh, I'll never forget this...

I was laying sideways across our bed and reading a book when I kept feeling something tickling my left forearm. I looked but didn't see anything. A minute later, this time felt like a bite and then tickle, so I lifted my arm up and there was a *spam filter*roach latched onto my arm. I fell back off the bed one way and the roach fell off and went the other and it was all out war after that. I finally got it after chasing his little flying butt around a good 5 minutes then rinsed my arm off good with alcohol and turpentine and anything else I could find. I kept scratching all day feeling roaches crawling on me after that... normally, I'm not at all bothered by bugs but this was a giant roach. I'm sure he bit me before we got a good look at each other and then fell off the bed.

• Like 4

Opening the window blinds to see a face looking in at me.

I have a story about this one too...

I went to go visit my aunt in New Mexico at her ranch and upon the first morning waking there, we had left the windows open because the air was fresh and cool. Well, apparently the cows wanted to see what's cookin' and when I woke up in the morning, there was a big cow face looking right at me as the bed was right next to the window. I don't remember who freaked out more, me or the cow...

• Like 4

that sounds like a june bug. there were some big bugs there, but I don't remember the roaches being that big when i was in texas ( san antonio) in 78 through 82. i must have been lucky cause i don't like roaches.

No, they are roaches. And they are very common here. When you kill one it's like "murder". haha

From wondercide.com: A great description

"This time of year in Texas means Wood Roaches.

There’s nothing more terrifying for me than walking into the bathroom, turning the light on, and seeing a cockroach the size of my cat’s head take off across the bathtub. This is not the kind of thing you want to see when you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. They’re terrifying.

Worst of all, they have the capacity to fly a short distance – so get too close to one, and it might fly right at your face. That is NO way to start a morning. Trust me from experience – fighting wood roaches is worth it not to have to see this stuff

If you’re like me, these things scare the living daylights out of you. And that’s okay – it’s a giant cockroach. But truthfully, wood roaches aren’t even really going to snack on anything in your house – or you. They eat rotting trees and wood, and likely just found their way into your abode while doing their thing in the wooden structure (i.e., the walls) of your home or apartment. Not comforting, I know.

I feel bad killing these guys, because they’re technically not bad for you (other than the mild heart attack you experience when you see one in the middle of the night). They like wood. They don’t get into your trash like German cockroaches, dragging nasty diseases and general awfulness all over your house. They’re harmless. They won’t bite you. They won’t hurt you. They’re just pests.

If you’ve ever tried to get rid of a wood roach, it’s terrible. They suffer. I like stomping on giant bugs about as much as I like discovering them at random."

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 3

horses....but its not a fear i just dont trust them >.> its why i ended up not wanting to be a cowboy.

• Like 1

horses....but its not a fear i just dont trust them >.> its why i ended up not wanting to be a cowboy.

I'm afraid of horses too. But I will ride one...weird?

Just don't ask me to pet its face or brush/saddle it or stand near it.

Once I'm on a horse I'm fine. And will ride all day. I'm okay petting them while on them too. And they are beautiful animals.

I guess Im afraid of their legs and teeth. Was thrown as a kid but still can ride...

• Like 2

Paying for yet another Christmas. I've had enough Christmasses, fgs. :(

We quit the holiday gifts years ago. It was actually our kids' idea. They thought the crowds and shopping and the money and energy spent were "stupid".

We angered more than a few relatives. But, C'est la vie...

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 4

This movie:

haute-tension.jpg

I will never make the mistake and watch that again...

This movie:

*Image removed*

I will never make the mistake and watch that again...

Someone I know say's horrors no longer scare her, thanks Mademoiselle de Lioncourt, I hope this does the trick because the reviews were not great. :)

Its called 'Switchblade Romance' over here in the UK but the un-dubbed French original is supposed to be the 'goriest' version...

Edited by Junior Chubb

Just don't ask me to pet its face or brush/saddle it or stand near it.

A horse's muzzle is the most gentlest part of the animal. That's how they greet you. Keep in mind, approach with the back of your hand (your fingers, on an upturned hand, for them tend to look like carrots). Let them first smell the back of your hand.

If you feed them a handful of oats, always keep your fingers tightly together (they can't see where their teeth, or your fingers are). Also once in close contact, always keep a hand or part of your body on theirs, especially when you start to get behind them so they don't get surprised.

If their ears are leaning backwards, give them lots of room. It might be a better idea to approach them on another day.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

Just stumbled across another thread and felt like it was an appropriate answer to this one...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=236066&st=0

I know the feeling, I have rode a few times but still the size of them unnerves me.

• Like 1

I know the feeling, I have rode a few times but still the size of them unnerves me.

I've always been wary of them since one of the big Police Crowd Control horses nudged me as a boy at a footy match. Was like I'd been hit by a train!

I've forgiven it of course but am still wary. They are noble beasts, imo.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Yeah, some horses don't like me for some reason, even though I'm very affectionate to most animals.

So I tend to be cautious around them.

As far as a real scare, though, anything small that comes out of nowhere scares me. Once I recognize it, though, I go for a capture and release or an angry kill.

• Like 1